Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] CarPC-Carbon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Estouchy (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=261)
+---- Thread: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon (/showthread.php?tid=320735)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - idorel77 - 2018-02-03

(2018-02-02, 20:27)bedgear Wrote: I can edit the includes.xml, but im still not sure how to make one button run two commands.
Should i put them both within one tag - ie:
<onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(UseCustomActionButton#)">CommandOne, CommandTwo</onclick>

Or

Use two onclick tags - ie:
<onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(UseCustomActionButton#)">CommandOne</onclick>
<onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(UseCustomActionButton#)">CommandTwo</onclick>

The second one seems to make more sense in a way, but i figured i would ask to be sure.
 Yes try the second one. But you have to know when do you want to use the second action -- when you use a custom button, default or always. if you want always you can try a simple onclick command without condition.

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - idorel77 - 2018-02-03

(2018-02-03, 06:15)bossanova808 Wrote: Any recommendations for guides to the car side of all this?   That is, how best to set up a car PC (in terms of e.g. replacing a double din head unit with a PC +  screen, and how that connects in terms of amp etc to the car speakers etc). 

I can find some pretty rough guides, that seem old etc, but hoping there's a really good guide type thing somewhere.
 I will try to make a video with my system , when i have time Smile

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - nickr - 2018-02-03

(2018-02-03, 09:00)bossanova808 Wrote: @nickr Mazda 3 with a BOSE stereo from the mid 2000s... I've taken out the double din unit before, lots of room there, but yeah I don't know much about car audio...  and then there's the issues of a nice clean mount etc.  The otehr option is one of those chinese (Eonon?) android units that are pre built.  I suppose Kodi can be put on those too....would save some hassle, but I thought this might make a nice project! 

That said looking at the odroid forums it seems like it's still a fairly exotic thing, lots of niggles to solve etc.  I will have to spend some mroe time googling - Carputer seems the term...
I'd be looking for info on how to add an external video player/tuner. Then basically use a pi instead of a tuner. I say pi, because most in car systems seem to deal in analogue video, which pi can supply.

But every make is different. My only experience is research into bmw and audi.

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - bossanova808 - 2018-02-05

(2018-02-03, 23:45)nickr Wrote:
(2018-02-03, 09:00)bossanova808 Wrote: @nickr Mazda 3 with a BOSE stereo from the mid 2000s... I've taken out the double din unit before, lots of room there, but yeah I don't know much about car audio...  and then there's the issues of a nice clean mount etc.  The otehr option is one of those chinese (Eonon?) android units that are pre built.  I suppose Kodi can be put on those too....would save some hassle, but I thought this might make a nice project! 

That said looking at the odroid forums it seems like it's still a fairly exotic thing, lots of niggles to solve etc.  I will have to spend some mroe time googling - Carputer seems the term...
I'd be looking for info on how to add an external video player/tuner. Then basically use a pi instead of a tuner. I say pi, because most in car systems seem to deal in analogue video, which pi can supply.

But every make is different. My only experience is research into bmw and audi. 
 Yeah this one predates the screen models - it's a CD stacker and radio thing.  Otherwise yep I'd consider just an external box that uses the screen I guess.  But in this case it would be a wholesale rip out really...

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - bedgear - 2018-02-05

(2018-02-03, 09:12)idorel77 Wrote:
(2018-02-02, 20:27)bedgear Wrote: I can edit the includes.xml, but im still not sure how to make one button run two commands.
Should i put them both within one tag - ie:
<onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(UseCustomActionButton#)">CommandOne, CommandTwo</onclick>

Or

Use two onclick tags - ie:
<onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(UseCustomActionButton#)">CommandOne</onclick>
<onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(UseCustomActionButton#)">CommandTwo</onclick>

The second one seems to make more sense in a way, but i figured i would ask to be sure.
 Yes try the second one. But you have to know when do you want to use the second action -- when you use a custom button, default or always. if you want always you can try a simple onclick command without condition. 
 I edited the Includes.xml, added the two lines, and it appears to crash Kodi between running the first command, and attempting to run the second. Or it ignores one of the commands.

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - mekkman - 2018-02-06

Hi.
First off, great job on the skin. It looks awesome and looking at the forum, you are doing great by answering and following requests and fixes.

I was wondering if you have tried to get OBD to work with your skin/CarPC. I'm looking to replace my car computer screen with something selfbuilt. 
Also, do you have any pictures of your physical setup? Do you use an external amplifier or a shield of some sort? What do you user to power the whole thing?

Sorry if this is off-topic but I really like your skin and I am going to try building my new setup around itSmile

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - idorel77 - 2018-02-07

Hey , something very short:
I have Odroid c2 with android with x300 expasion board , 7 inch china screen with chalk elec touch , old stereo like amplifier ,compatible  pro micro for volume control and open 4 apps . 
I will make a video soon  with my system , when i have time...

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - bedgear - 2018-02-08

(2018-02-06, 14:29)mekkman Wrote: Hi.
First off, great job on the skin. It looks awesome and looking at the forum, you are doing great by answering and following requests and fixes.

I was wondering if you have tried to get OBD to work with your skin/CarPC. I'm looking to replace my car computer screen with something selfbuilt. 
Also, do you have any pictures of your physical setup? Do you use an external amplifier or a shield of some sort? What do you user to power the whole thing?

Sorry if this is off-topic but I really like your skin and I am going to try building my new setup around itSmile
What I'm doing is using an external program. Im not sure if there are Kodi addons that read OBD info, but i probably wouldnt use them anyways.
If you're using an android OS, you can launch an app called Torque (they have a free and paid version) which will read from a bluetooth (or wifi and even USB i think) OBD reader attached to the car. Some OBD readers (like the OBDlink LX that i have from scantool.net) also have their own android apps that you can use.
If using Windows you can use something like OBD Dash (also a free and paid version available) which will also read from bluetooth and wifi adapters, as well as USB. Once again, some OBD adapters come with software for windows PC's that you can use as well.

All you have to do is launch the app from a custom menu item. In windows its a bit wonky, and thats what im working on right now to try to get it to work rightl, but i think it works pretty well to launch apps from kodi in android. Thats what the navigation default menu item does.

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - mekkman - 2018-02-09

Thanks for your input.
I'm not running android as of now. The plan was using a RPI I have lying around, for this. I was hoping to get the OBD device to talk to the RPI. Hopefully there is a way to launch something in Kodi that displays the info i want on this system as well. I'm also thinking about splitting it up. Kodi and media stuff on the RPI and OBD info on a small standalone panel. The car originally has the stereo and computer seperated but still showing radio/cd info on the one display.
I also have to figure out how to get DAB into the mixTongue Anyone here have any experience with this? I was hoping there to exist a DAB module/shield to put on the RPI but haven't found one as of now. SDR seems to be the solution I have found so far.

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - kingofsnake1974 - 2018-02-10

Hello all,

First of all thanks for this great build, then my problem ;-) 
I run kodi on an android head unit. Installed the build without any problems. Added the StartAndroidActivity("com.sygic.aura") also flawless.
But my radio app is not listed in the android/data location. Probably because it is an inbuilt app. So starting this in the same way as sygic is not possible. Then i thought i could activate it by the favourites , so added the radio app in the favourites, then i tried ActivateWindow(Favourites) and yes it opened the favourite but i still had to click 'Radio'. (tried: ActivateFavourite(Radio) but was not working). Any advise for me? Installing another app is not possible since it is an am/fm app.

Thanks all and keep up the good work

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - kingofsnake1974 - 2018-02-11

I found it, the system apps are located in root/ system / one of the locations. There i found the system apps with the right names to add. My system is great thanx all

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - xBrunex - 2018-02-14

idorel where can i edit to add one button on side of File Manager ?

I found this Image in "Home.xml" but this don't have position to edit

And in "Includes.xml" i found nothing about FileManager...

Thanks man

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - idorel77 - 2018-02-14

This is files manager Smile

You can't edit only files manager for positions. There is a list and you will modify all buttons from the right buttom.
For that list you have to edit : <include name="BottomMenuLayout"> in includes.xml

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - xBrunex - 2018-02-14

Thanks mate  Blush

one thing
in the beginning you have put one button where i want put one, can you send me that old code for i modify icon and action onclick ?

Exemple:

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - idorel77 - 2018-02-16

For icon and onclick , you can modify in home.xml in the same place  you give the example (above) with favourite.