Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] CarPC-Carbon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Estouchy (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=261)
+---- Thread: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon (/showthread.php?tid=320735)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - xxRasheelxx - 2019-06-14

Hello,
first I wanted to thank for your good work.
The issue for me is I cant get sound while using your addon, I am not evan 100% sure I did start the music. I tried "Qeue item", "Play next" and "Play using..." tried with PAPlayer and VideoPlayer
I assumed it is just "clicking" the song you want to play.
I use Kodi on Xiaomi Mi 9 with Mi UI 10. Android 9
I assume because apperently there is an Option "Playback Device" but I cant choose to use the phone as the device.
Maybe you can correct me if I am wrong or give me an advice how to solve my issue.
Greetings Rasheel

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - xxRasheelxx - 2019-06-14

(2019-06-14, 13:52)xxRasheelxx Wrote: Hello,
first I wanted to thank for your good work.
The issue for me is I cant get sound while using your addon, I am not evan 100% sure I did start the music. I tried "Qeue item", "Play next" and "Play using..." tried with PAPlayer and VideoPlayer
I assumed it is just "clicking" the song you want to play.
I use Kodi on Xiaomi Mi 9 with Mi UI 10. Android 9
I assume because apperently there is an Option "Playback Device" but I cant choose to use the phone as the device.
Maybe you can correct me if I am wrong or give me an advice how to solve my issue.
Greetings Rasheel
I just noticed this is the wrong Thread, for you I have a different issue Big Grin
but I want to thank you for your work too.

My phone is not using fullscreen as soon I leave the main menu. And the background of the main menu is not fullscreen too.
https://ibb.co/ZMV4xj0
https://ibb.co/CVHf8b6

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - skrimo - 2019-06-18

Hi there.

First off all I want to say that I really like your skin and that it works perfectlly.

but I do need some help.

Im using Raspberry Pi 3b+ with OpenAuto pro OS (basicly raspbian stretch with kodi and Android Auto), and I would like to change the function of "Navigation" button to start a bash script that is in /home/pi/xy.sh
basicly what this script would do is pausing any media playing in kodi, then minimize it and start AndroidAuto (android auto is part of OpenAuto pro OS).

is this duablle or is this function only awailable on android?

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - skrimo - 2019-06-18

(2019-06-18, 21:05)skrimo Wrote: Hi there.

First off all I want to say that I really like your skin and that it works perfectlly.

but I do need some help.

Im using Raspberry Pi 3b+ with OpenAuto pro OS (basicly raspbian stretch with kodi and Android Auto), and I would like to change the function of "Navigation" button to start a bash script that is in /home/pi/xy.sh
basicly what this script would do is pausing any media playing in kodi, then minimize it and start AndroidAuto (android auto is part of OpenAuto pro OS).

I tried every possible way that I found here on this thread but it just wont work. I did a simple script that turns off backlight and it works if I execute it from terminall. but just wont do nothing if using customcommand for navigation button

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - idorel77 - 2019-06-30

(2019-06-18, 22:04)skrimo Wrote:
(2019-06-18, 21:05)skrimo Wrote: Hi there.

but I do need some help.

I tried every possible way that I found here on this thread but it just wont work. I did a simple script that turns off backlight and it works if I execute it from terminall. but just wont do nothing if using customcommand for navigation button   

Hi ,
post here what you did.
Maybe you white something wrong.
First - Try to save the scripts inside the skin. If you don't have a scripts folder , create one in the root of the skin. Like here: https://github.com/idorel77/skin.CarPC-touch_carbon_1280x800
Make shore you write correct path and command.  ​​​​​​ 
You should have something like:
:
RunScript("special://skin/scripts/your_file_name.py")

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - JackTirol - 2019-06-30

@idorel77
He talks about a shell script, not python. A shell script should be called by System.Exec from inside Kodi:
xml:
System.Exec(/home/pi/xy.sh)

Unfortunately Kodi has a bug (don't know if it's fixed yet) so that this probably doesn't work. A workaround is to call the script from within a python script like this:
python:

#!/usr/bin/python
import sys, os
os.system("sudo /home/pi/xy.sh")
and call it as you suggested with
xml:
RunScript("path/to/script/myscript.py")

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - chrisfromwa - 2019-07-05

Hello,
I'm new to Kodi,  and trying to add this skin but running into issues.

I have a raspberry PI running OpenAuto Pro. 
When Kodi starts,  it says it's running Version 18 - Leia Beta

I'm trying to install the version 18 of the skin
https://github.com/idorel77/CarPc-Carbon-K18

but when I try and install it from zip,  it gives the error
The version xbmc.gui version 5.14.0 could not be satisfied.

Anyone know how I can get this to work?

Thanks

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - idorel77 - 2019-07-06

(2019-07-05, 18:10)chrisfromwa Wrote: Hello,
I'm new to Kodi,  and trying to add this skin but running into issues.

I have a raspberry PI running OpenAuto Pro. 
When Kodi starts,  it says it's running Version 18 - Leia Beta

I'm trying to install the version 18 of the skin
https://github.com/idorel77/CarPc-Carbon-K18

but when I try and install it from zip,  it gives the error
The version xbmc.gui version 5.14.0 could not be satisfied.

Anyone know how I can get this to work?

Thanks
Hi,
Because Leia beta use other xbmc.gui vers. Search on kodi forum what is correct xbmc.gui version for Leia beta, than download the zip skin , unzip , edit file addon.xml , write the correct vers,
zip the folder skin and install as zip file.

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - chrisfromwa - 2019-07-11

(2017-08-30, 21:58)DarkerStars Wrote: Good Job Idorel. Looks like I got some work to do now.

I'll get at you with any ideas or thoughts that I don't know how to achieve.

However there is one, Is your knowledge only extensive towards Skin? Or do you know a decent amount about the Kodi System? The Reason I ask is, the Kodi Volume, I believe I am the one that originally asked you for Volume way back on the older skin a long time ago. However it doesn't work correctly. I say this because Kodi has its own volume. Changing this doesn't mess with Android Volume. And you must have Android Volume MAX to enjoy the Volume in Kodi. And if you happen to use an android app, say Navigation or something else, you will end up turning the volume down (I made soft key buttons for Android 5/TouchWiz to control the volume in android) but switching between these two volume's are annoying. If we could somehow get the Volume buttons to control Android's volume instead of Kodi's, we'd be set. And our ear drums will thank us for not having something blast off at us just by switching to an app that has volume maxed out.

If you know of a way.... That would be awesome. I'm gonna get to working on the skin now.

@DarkerStars 
Were you ever able to figure this issue out?

I'm running into the same issue,  I using the OpenAuto app on a raspberry pi and I have to have that volume set to max and then turn it down in Kodi.
But if I go back to OpenAuto,  I have to make sure to turn it down otherwise I'm going to have a surprise when I use another program.

Really hope someone knows a way to make the Kodi volume work with the system volume.

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - idorel77 - 2019-07-11

(2019-07-11, 04:07)chrisfromwa Wrote:
(2017-08-30, 21:58)DarkerStars Wrote: Good Job Idorel. Looks like I got some work to do now.

However there is one, Is your knowledge only extensive towards Skin? Or do you know a decent amount about the Kodi System? The Reason I ask is, the Kodi Volume, I believe I am the one that originally asked you for Volume way back on the older skin a long time ago. However it doesn't work correctly. I say this because Kodi has its own volume. Changing this doesn't mess with Android Volume. And you must have Android Volume MAX to enjoy the Volume in Kodi. And if you happen to use an android app, say Navigation or something else, you will end up turning the volume down (I made soft key buttons for Android 5/TouchWiz to control the volume in android) but switching between these two volume's are annoying. If we could somehow get the Volume buttons to control Android's volume instead of Kodi's, we'd be set. And our ear drums will thank us for not having something blast off at us just by switching to an app that has volume maxed out.

If you know of a way.... That would be awesome. I'm gonna get to working on the skin now.

@DarkerStars 

I'm running into the same issue,  I using the OpenAuto app on a raspberry pi and I have to have that volume set to max and then turn it down in Kodi.
But if I go back to OpenAuto,  I have to make sure to turn it down otherwise I'm going to have a surprise when I use another program.

Really hope someone knows a way to make the Kodi volume work with the system volume. 
I'm not shore but somebody on this forum used a script for volume control.
Or you can use rotary encoder: https://youtu.be/Oejz4rS-nzQ

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - chrisfromwa - 2019-07-12

(2019-07-11, 05:16)idorel77 Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 04:07)chrisfromwa Wrote:

@DarkerStars 

I've been seeing references to a script but I can't actually find it. 
Does anyone know of a script I could use,  to make the system and kodi volume be in sync,  or at least make it so when I exit Kodi the volume isn't at 100% for other applications.

My system is totally touch screen,  so can't use a rotary encoder.

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - idorel77 - 2019-07-15

(2019-07-12, 19:37)chrisfromwa Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 05:16)idorel77 Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 04:07)chrisfromwa Wrote: @DarkerStars 

I've been seeing references to a script but I can't actually find it. 
Does anyone know of a script I could use,  to make the system and kodi volume be in sync,  or at least make it so when I exit Kodi the volume isn't at 100% for other applications.

My system is totally touch screen,  so can't use a rotary encoder. 

I have also touchscreen , the encoder is connecting to a usb. Or you can use your pi pins. Search little bit.

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - Syco54645 - 2019-07-20

Any way that you can make the "Current Play List" a different view? Would love to just have your standard list view here.

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - idorel77 - 2019-07-20

(2019-07-20, 03:14)Syco54645 Wrote: Any way that you can make the "Current Play List" a different view? Would love to just have your standard list view here.

I will try to add list view.

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - Syco54645 - 2019-07-21

(2019-07-20, 09:10)idorel77 Wrote:
(2019-07-20, 03:14)Syco54645 Wrote: Any way that you can make the "Current Play List" a different view? Would love to just have your standard list view here.

I will try to add list view. 
Thanks! I am actually using this skin as a jukebox for my game room. it is working VERY well so far and people love it. the only other request that i have right now is the ability to hide the day/night switcher as it really isnt useful to my situation but understand if that is out of your goals here.

also how do i launch the youtube plugin? i cannot find the correct syntax for this.