Kodi Community Forum
v17 No PVR client list in my add-ons - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+--- Thread: v17 No PVR client list in my add-ons (/showthread.php?tid=321395)

Pages: 1 2

No PVR client list in my add-ons - Sheryl Mann - 2017-09-12

Hi. I have Kodi 17.1 and there is no PVR client list. When I go to my add-ons there is no PVR client option to select to then go onto next page of PVR Client lists to choose from. Also when I go to Settings-PVR & Live TV there is no option to "enable" which is the first line in all set up tutorials I have watched, My first line is - Disable "Connection lost warnings" under Manager. I have not seen any helpful video that their Kodi even at initial installation does not have PVR Client in "My Add-ons". Hopefully someone can help me.
Thank you.

RE: No PVR client list in my add-ons - Klojum - 2017-09-12

Can we have a debug log for starters?

RE: No PVR client list in my add-ons - rpcameron - 2017-09-12

Remember if you're on Linux, that PVR clients are not part of the base package, but must be installed separately. Either install them from your OS/distro's repositories, or compile them from scratch. If you're using a different OS, try uninstalling Kodi and reinstalling from the official sources listed on kodi.tv.

If you acquired your device with Kodi preinstalled, any help you get may be limited and you should instead seek help from wherever you purchased your device.

RE: No PVR client list in my add-ons - vester11 - 2017-09-14

HI

I had same problem. Yesterday I install kodi 17.4 on ubuntu 14.04 and can`t find prv clients in my-addons. So I install via terminal. Today came my android box H96 PRO+ (android tv 7.1) and to same problem. But i don`t now how I can install separately PVR IPTV Simple Client on android. Any One can help? ( sorry for my english)

Find solution. on my box was installed kodi 17.3. just uninstall and install last version from play store ( kodi 17.4)

RE: No PVR client list in my add-ons - DarrenHill - 2017-09-15

On Android you shouldn't need to - you should find them in the add-ons manager under Add-ons/My add-ons/PVR clients.

Initially they are all installed but disabled, you should just need to enable whichever one you need.

RE: No PVR client list in my add-ons - ecocharlie13 - 2017-11-03

(2017-09-15, 14:35)DarrenHill Wrote: On Android you shouldn't need to - you should find them in the add-ons manager under Add-ons/My add-ons/PVR clients.

Initially they are all installed but disabled, you should just need to enable whichever one you need.

Im experiencing the same issue. 

Add-ons/My add-ons/PVR clients  -> this submenu does not show

there is no way i can add a pvr client...

Add-ons/ PVR client = EMPTY and only shows [..] as option to go back on directory, and it should show a list of PVR's

RE: No PVR client list in my add-ons - rpcameron - 2017-11-03

(2017-11-03, 13:14)ecocharlie13 Wrote:
(2017-09-15, 14:35)DarrenHill Wrote: On Android you shouldn't need to - you should find them in the add-ons manager under Add-ons/My add-ons/PVR clients.

Add-ons/ PVR client = EMPTY and only shows [..] as option to go back on directory, and it should show a list of PVR's
If you're on Android and you don't have PVR clients installed, you most likely do not have an official distribution of Kodi. (Did you perhaps buy a "fully loaded" device filled with addons and links to less-than-fully-legal content?) Download an official release and re-install. Same goes for Windows or Mac.

If you're on Linux, you need to either build them from source or get them from your OS's repositories.

RE: No PVR client list in my add-ons - bijugt - 2018-05-29

In Linux, you can try sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-iptvsimple  from console there to install Simple PVR Client
here the complete list..

PACKAGE NAME                     DETAILS
kodi-pvr-argustv                         ARGUS-TV
kodi-pvr-demo                            Kodi PVR demo add-on
kodi-pvr-dvbviewer                     DVBViewer
kodi-pvr-iptvsimple                     IPTV Simple Client
kodi-pvr-mediaportal-tvserver    MediaPortal
kodi-pvr-mythtv                          MythTV PVR
kodi-pvr-nextpvr                        NextPVR
kodi-pvr-njoy                             Njoy
kodi-pvr-hts                              Tvheadend PVR
kodi-pvr-vdr-vnsi                      VDR
kodi-pvr-vuplus                        VUPlus
kodi-pvr-dvblink    
kodi-pvr-filmon    
kodi-pvr-hdhomerun    
kodi-pvr-pctv    
kodi-pvr-stalker    
kodi-pvr-vbox    
kodi-pvr-wmc

sudo apt-get install PACKAGE NAME ( Eg: sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-nextpvr )
Hope this will help

RE: No PVR client list in my add-ons - greenroyd - 2019-07-17

(2017-09-12, 09:10)Sheryl Mann Wrote: Hi. I have Kodi 17.1 and there is no PVR client list. When I go to my add-ons there is no PVR client option to select to then go onto next page of PVR Client lists to choose from. Also when I go to Settings-PVR & Live TV there is no option to "enable" which is the first line in all set up tutorials I have watched, My first line is - Disable "Connection lost warnings" under Manager. I have not seen any helpful video that their Kodi even at initial installation does not have PVR Client in "My Add-ons". Hopefully someone can help me.
Thank you.

RE: No PVR client list in my add-ons - ontap - 2019-07-17

(2019-07-17, 16:54)greenroyd Wrote:
(2017-09-12, 09:10)Sheryl Mann Wrote: Hi. I have Kodi 17.1 and there is no PVR client list. When I go to my add-ons there is no PVR client option to select to then go onto next page of PVR Client lists to choose from. Also when I go to Settings-PVR & Live TV there is no option to "enable" which is the first line in all set up tutorials I have watched, My first line is - Disable "Connection lost warnings" under Manager. I have not seen any helpful video that their Kodi even at initial installation does not have PVR Client in "My Add-ons". Hopefully someone can help me.
Thank you.

upgrade tp 18.3 , 17.1 is an old version now.

RE: No PVR client list in my add-ons - razametal - 2019-09-05

I' m experiencing the same issue.

Runing Kodi 18.4 Git:20190831-3ade758ceb installed from Google Play Store on Android 7.12. Add-ons/My add-ons/ the submenu PVR Clients does not appear listed as an option. The option disapears after I've copied from another device with the same kodi version the complete /Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi directory to this one. On the other (source) device the PVR addon is working and more PVR addons are listed and avaliable for installing it.

What can I do to restore the PVR add-on ?

RE: No PVR client list in my add-ons - petitbuzuc - 2019-09-22

I have the same problem.
I use Kodi 18.2 Git:20190428-a94ccc8ba5
On a raspberry, on raspbian GNU/Linux (strech) (kernel :Linux 4.19.66-v7+).

I did an 'sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-iptvsimple' but Add-ons/ PVR client =is still EMPTY .

How can I do ?
Many thanks

RE: No PVR client list in my add-ons - petitbuzuc - 2019-09-25

Hy.
My problem is solved for raspbian 9 / ip tv simple client :

First i try to install another pvr client : i hoped this could make visible the pvr on Kodi : still Add-ons/ PVR client = EMPTY ...

I decided to read your link (https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=250796).
And , even if I use Raspbian 9 , ans not Rasbian 10, I try this code :

sudo su
echo "deb http://pipplware.pplware.pt/pipplware/dists/buster/main/binary /" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pipplware.list
wget -q -O- http://pipplware.pplware.pt/pipplware/key.asc | apt-key add -
exit
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -y

And i see the pvr installed !!! So my problem is solved !!

I hope this will be useful for other guys !

RE: No PVR client list in my add-ons - burcs - 2019-11-19

Ideally, yes. Except there's no "PVR clients" entry in "My add-ons" in order to enable any.

I just installed Leia on a Windows machine but I'm assuming it's the same issue. If you hover over "TV" on the home screen and click on "Enter add-on browser"...

You can at least get to the "add-ons/PVR clients" menu but it's blank.

There's no list of disabled PVR clients in order to enable one. Looking at the addresses in the upper left it seems it's changed from

Add-ons/My add-ons/PVR clients to
Add-ons/PVR clients

But there's nowhere on the "Add-ons" menu for PVR clients, either.

After searching "PVR" the list came up, and after enabling a PVR client it adds "PVR clients" to the "Add-ons/My Add-ons" menu (first screenshot). My guess is, based on the addresses in the screenshots, the "Enter Add-on browser" button on the TV home screen is pointing to the wrong place. With a secondary issue of there not being a "PVR clients" entry on the "Add-ons/My Add-ons" menu (until after you enable a PVR client).

RE: No PVR client list in my add-ons - phunkyfish - 2019-11-19

Can you try installing installing from the kodi repository?

Android and windows should have binary addon repos now.

EDIT: this really should be new tread as the subject is v17.