Kodi Community Forum
v18 Mixed playlist crashes Kodi musicplaylist - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Music Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=263)
+--- Thread: v18 Mixed playlist crashes Kodi musicplaylist (/showthread.php?tid=321919)

Mixed playlist crashes Kodi musicplaylist - scott967 - 2017-09-24

I have a repeatable crash with Kodi 18 nightlies win32 build on win 7 x64.

Background: Kodi supports a "mixed" smartplaylist which will contain all songs and music videos which meet the ruleset. A mixed smartplaylist can be loaded in either the music or videos window. When opened in the videos window, sending <i> (info) on a musicvideo opens the movieinformation dialog, and on a song does nothing.

When opened in a music window, sending <i> on a musicvideo opens the movieinformation dialog and on a song opens the songinformation dialog.

The problem is when the playlist is played, all the items are added to the musicplaylist. In Kodi 17, in the musicplaylist window sending <i> on either a musicvideo or song opens the songinformation dialog. I'm not sure if that was intended, but it does work (though skins need to be aware that ListItem.DBType(musicvideo) is a possibility).

In Kodi 18 (checked nightlies through 0923) in the musicplaylist window sending <i> on a song still opens the songinformation dialog, but sending <i> on a musicvideo causes an immediate crash.

scott s.

RE: Mixed playlist crashes Kodi musicplaylist - DaveBlake - 2018-03-03

Finally created a fake music video to test this Scott.
Can you confirm that it is an issue only for <i> and not using the context menu > Information?

My reworking of the info dialogs may have solved the crash, I will have a test build up later this month for you to try.

RE: Mixed playlist crashes Kodi musicplaylist - scott967 - 2018-03-04

(2018-03-03, 19:53)DaveBlake Wrote: Finally created a fake music video to test this Scott.
Can you confirm that it is an issue only for <i> and not using the context menu > Information?

My reworking of the info dialogs may have solved the crash, I will have a test build up later this month for you to try.
 Yes.  Navigate in the music window to the music videos node and down to titles.  Queue up some music videos then open the music playlist window.  If you open the context menu on a container item, then select information, it opens movie information dialog (DialogVideoInfo.xml).  If instead you use the <i> key to send action(info) it crashes.  In Krypton it would open the song information dialog (DialogMusicInfo.xml).  So in my skin I had code in song info to handle displaying listitem labels / art for music video as well as songs (Estuary never handled this case).  here's a log https://pastebin.com/7kRBcgaY.  In this case I went into music window, queued some music videos, tabbed out of full screen video back to music window, stopped playback, opened the music playlist window and opened context menu / information on one of the items to get movie info window, closed that then tried <i> with last logged event
Code:
 DEBUG: CInputManager::HandleKey: i (0xf049) pressed, action is Info
before the crash.

scott s.

RE: Mixed playlist crashes Kodi musicplaylist - DaveBlake - 2018-03-19

So far actions (that happes when pressing <i>) are processed completely differently to context menu button clicks, and can have different results on a mixed playlist,  but the feeling is that ideally these should result in the display of the same info dialog.

That would mean <i> on a music video in the current playlist (of music or video kind) would result in the video dialog, just like the context menu button does. However are there music video users out that have taken advantage of the happy accident / historic design  (?) that means if you have added the music video file to the music database as a song then the song info dialog could be shown?

RE: Mixed playlist crashes Kodi musicplaylist - scott967 - 2018-03-20

(2018-03-19, 16:20)DaveBlake Wrote: So far actions (that happes when pressing <i>) are processed completely differently to context menu button clicks, and can have different results on a mixed playlist,  but the feeling is that ideally these should result in the display of the same info dialog.

That would mean <i> on a music video in the current playlist (of music or video kind) would result in the video dialog, just like the context menu button does. However are there music video users out that have taken advantage of the happy accident / historic design  (?) that means if you have added the music video file to the music database as a song then the song info dialog could be shown?

Yes, that would be the case.  Now that the video scanner can read tags in mp4 files (at least) it reduces some of the incentive to treat mp4 files as music files.  In some ways using the video library is better (you get thumbnails from frame grabs, and video/audio stream details in the library for example).  Of course you don't get the info from artist or album info with video library node.  There is a long-standing bug on music video art in that container views for videodb://musicvideos/albums/ or you drill down from artist such as videodb://musicvideos/artists/7/ you should be able to show ListItem.Art(poster) or ListItem.Icon to get the album thumb from the music library (if it exists), likewise you can get musicinfo for MV artists but not MV albums in the music library view nodes.

Something else, if you navigate music -> music videos -> titles to show music videos, using the info action opens the videoinfo window.  But if you navigate music -> music videos -> artists -> albums for artist -> titles for album or music -> music videos -> albums -> titles for album using the info action does nothing.   The context menu information option does open video info.

scott s.