Kodi Community Forum
Kodi Forum : Report forum issues here - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Website and Forum Issues or Suggestions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Kodi Forum : Report forum issues here (/showthread.php?tid=322133)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: New forum, new forum skin : POST YOUR BUGS HERE - bilgepump - 2017-10-23

(2017-10-23, 10:49)DaveBlake Wrote: I know one other user said they had the same.
Me, mine's like that.  I don't know how you can change the width, mine's a widescreen anyway, there's plenty of room up there, but the "welcome" starts quite close to the right edge.

RE: New forum, new forum skin : POST YOUR BUGS HERE - ronie - 2017-10-23

(2017-10-23, 11:53)bilgepump Wrote:
(2017-10-23, 10:49)DaveBlake Wrote: I know one other user said they had the same.
Me, mine's like that.  I don't know how you can change the width, mine's a widescreen anyway, there's plenty of room up there, but the "welcome" starts quite close to the right edge.

mind posting a screenshot as well?

(2017-10-23, 10:20)Karellen Wrote: @ronie,

Last Post links now take you to the top of the last page. All links I have tested now take you to the top of the page. Could it be related to this fix?

---edit---
I just posted this and I was thrown back to the top of the page

post linking should now be back to how it was (incorrect offset) if you use internet explorer or edge browser.
i can't find any working solution for those browsers.

it should still work properly for firefox/chrome.

(2017-10-23, 10:49)DaveBlake Wrote: Could the length of user name be manking a difference?

thanx for the hint :-)

could you check if it behaves better now?

RE: New forum, new forum skin : POST YOUR BUGS HERE - bilgepump - 2017-10-23

(2017-10-23, 14:07)ronie Wrote: mind posting a screenshot as well?

It looks exactly like Daveblake's picture, underneath where he says "At from 980 to 790 the odd bits for the username drop down happen"

RE: New forum, new forum skin : POST YOUR BUGS HERE - DaveBlake - 2017-10-23

(2017-10-23, 15:35)ronie Wrote:
(2017-10-23, 10:49)DaveBlake Wrote: Could the length of user name be making a difference?
thanx for the hint :-)
could you check if it behaves better now?
Yes better - user name now in dark green box same as you were seeing Smile
One glitch more nailed @ronie!

But still getting some of the header hiding the top of the page at certain widths, like it does on the 757 width image. Also not sure why name is only in a dark green box at some widths (otherwise it is against black like on 1047). The header gets deeper, but top of page doesn't allow for it. Something to do with the Facebook etc. icons being missing (not that I care about that)?

To save space I would ommit the "Welcome" or put it above the name - rather have more useful links on the header than the word "welcome".

RE: New forum, new forum skin : POST YOUR BUGS HERE - Milhouse - 2017-10-23

The old forum would automatically expand PR#### into a github link, eg. PR12936. I've noticed this is no longer happening. I'm not really asking for it back, as it had unfortunate consequences when referring to a non-Kodi PR (easily worked around), but when it did work it was quite useful so maybe it's something others would like to see reinstated at some point.

RE: New forum, new forum skin : POST YOUR BUGS HERE - Karellen - 2017-10-23

Request to remove the ability to change the font size. For some reason some users are posting with the xx-small font.

Alternatively, remove font sizes below normal. Leave only normal and larger font sizes.

RE: New forum, new forum skin : POST YOUR BUGS HERE - DarrenHill - 2017-10-23

Do we need any font size except normal?

Maybe for the visually impaired. But I expect they would have appropriate software installed to enable magnification of text.

RE: New forum, new forum skin : POST YOUR BUGS HERE - DarrenHill - 2017-10-23

Most devices and browsers have accessibility tools and/or zoom functions as standard...

(2017-10-23, 21:12)Karellen Wrote: Request to remove the ability to change the font size. For some reason some users are posting with the xx-small font.

perhaps try to find out why?
imo we can't remove every option from thousands of users just because one or two can't handle it.

other than that, varying font sizes can be quite helpful when formatting large chunks of text.

RE: New forum, new forum skin : POST YOUR BUGS HERE - ponkotsu - 2017-10-23

Titles of threads with unread posts show in a smaller font than titles with no unread posts, in forum view.

Using Safari 11.0, macOS 10.12.6

(2017-10-23, 21:44)runningnaked Wrote: Titles of threads with unread posts show in a smaller font than titles with no unread posts, in forum view.

Using Safari 11.0, macOS 10.12.6

yup, i messed up somewhere... already fixed it a few minutes ago, though it takes a while before the cache is refreshed

(2017-10-23, 21:42)ronie Wrote:
(2017-10-23, 21:12)Karellen Wrote: Request to remove the ability to change the font size. For some reason some users are posting with the xx-small font.

perhaps try to find out why?
imo we can't remove every option from thousands of users just because one or two can't handle it.

other than that, varying font sizes can be quite helpful when formatting large chunks of text.

xxxxx

I have been trying to find out why so many users are mixing their replies inside quotes but am yet to receive an answer. I have replicated the issue in this post. I expect it will be the same with this font issue. My last attempt ended in disaster yesterday with the member being banned.

Do we need Small, X-Small and XX-Small? Where could we possibly use those?