Kodi Community Forum
v17 Broken or bogus Version 2.0.0 of TVDB metadata add-on? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: TV Show Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=305)
+----- Thread: v17 Broken or bogus Version 2.0.0 of TVDB metadata add-on? (/showthread.php?tid=323230)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Broken or bogus Version 2.0.0 of TVDB metadata add-on? - ipottinger - 2017-10-29

Just now ( 2017/10/28 @ 17:00 PDT ) I installed Kodi 17.5 Git:20171023-5bd45ab on a friend's Windows 10 machine via the Window's Store. The installation completed without incident, however, after assigning both a movie directory and a TV show directory in Kodi, it proceeded to recognize every movie available but failed to recognize any TV shows. Repeated checks and reinstalls did not correct the situation.

I remotely connected to my system at home to verify the settings I used. To my surprise, my friend's fresh install listed the TVDB metadata add-on as version 2.0.0, while my home system listed it as version 1.8.5. Update for TVDB on my system offered only 1.8.5; my friend's offered only 2.0.0.

Out of curiosity, I located the metadata.tvdb.com-1.8.5.zip on my system at \Users\...\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\addons\packages\ and downloaded it to my friend's system. After doing a manual "Install from zip file" of version 1.8.5, a video library update successfully found all available TV shows on my friend's system.

Why do the two machines see different versions of the TVDB metadata add-on in the official Kodi repository?
Is the Kodi app in the Window's Store somehow compromised?
Has anyone else reported this?

RE: Broken or bogus Version 2.0.0 of TVDB metadata add-on? - Karellen - 2017-10-29

There is a version 2.0 TMDB scraper. A conversation is here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=315090 which includes links to Github

I am trying to find out if it has been released yet. As soon as I find out I will let you know.

RE: Broken or bogus Version 2.0.0 of TVDB metadata add-on? - Karellen - 2017-10-29

Probably should have checked my own install first...

Yes I have version 2.0 installed.

I would suggest updating your scraper in the next few days. Looking at the dates on Github, it may have just been released in the last few hours and it may take a bit of time for the mirrors to update.

---Edit---
Can be downloaded here... http://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/xbmc/addons/krypton/metadata.tvdb.com/

RE: Broken or bogus Version 2.0.0 of TVDB metadata add-on? - ipottinger - 2017-10-29

(2017-10-29, 03:35)Karellen Wrote: I would suggest updating your scraper in the next few days. Looking at the dates on Github, it may have just been released in the last few hours and it may take a bit of time for the mirrors to update.

Thanks,

I will keep an eye on it and see if it works properly on my system before I re-enable the add-on's auto-update on my friend's system.

Your Repository needs updating, that is why you can only see v1.8.5. When updating an add-on, it only reports back what your currently installed repository is telling it. The repository update should happen automatically, next time Kodi checks for updates. You can force a repository update by going to Add-ons, pulling out the SideBlade and selecting Update Repository.

You will need to eventually update to v2.0 as TVDB are shutting down their API v1.0 in the near future. That is what TVDB v1.8.5 uses. TVDB v2.0 is now updated to use the new TVDB API v2.0

I do recall some discussion about some incompatibility, which I am still waiting for an answer. That incompatibility arose when adding new episodes to an existing TV Show in the Kodi library. You may need to remove the show from the library, and re-scrape with the new API. This is a once only procedure.

As stated I am still waiting for an answer to this, but you can test and see if it works.

RE: Broken or bogus Version 2.0.0 of TVDB metadata add-on? - ipottinger - 2017-10-29

(2017-10-29, 04:40)Karellen Wrote: I do recall some discussion about some incompatibility, which I am still waiting for an answer. That incompatibility arose when adding new episodes to an existing TV Show in the Kodi library. You may need to remove the show from the library, and re-scrape with the new API. This is a once only procedure.

As stated I am still waiting for an answer to this, but you can test and see if it works.

Unfortunately, it does not. Even after removing the entire TV shows directory as a video source, cleaning the database, and adding back the directory, the only episodes to reappear were those added prior to the upgrade from 1.8.5. (1)

In fact, I was suspicious if TVDB2.0.0 worked at all, so I tried starting with a clean slate by deleting Kodi's app data using Windows Settings > Apps & features > Kodi > Advanced options > Reset. I configured Kodi anew, added the TV show source and rescanned.  As I suspected, TVDB2.0.0 failed to recognize *any* episode, old or new. The entire TV Shows section remained empty.

However, a rescan using a manually installed TVDB1.8.5 found *every* episode, old or new.

I think I will stick with TVDB1.8.5 for now.

(1) This is odd since I thought removing the source and cleaning the database would have removed any knowledge of all episodes from Kodi, yet a rescan with the apparently non-functioning TVDB2.0.0 somehow restored that information.

Hopefully you saved the debug log?

(2017-10-29, 08:27)Karellen Wrote: Hopefully you saved the debug log?

Doh!

It's a bit on the late side. Tomorrow, if I can find the time. Later, if not.

No problems. If you have it, would like to take a look and see where the problem lies.

I just tested on my machine. I have 2 existing shows scraped previously with nfo files and scraper v1.8.5. I added another 4 shows with dummy files.

All scraped ok. The existing shows that had been scraped with nfo files originally had new episodes added. The new shows I added all scraped ok.

Unfortunately I had no existing TV Shows previously scraped with v1.8.5 on my test machine, so I could not test that scenario.

It's a mystery indeed.

Do you have Teamview? Would you like to experiment with this machine to find the problem?

I just updated my previous post. Just check for change. Misidentified one of my shows. It had been previously scraped with nfo files.

The log would provide the necessary information at this stage. No, I don't have Teamview unfortunately.

I'll see if I can get to this tomorrow.

free for personal use or as a trial version for business users

RE: Broken or bogus Version 2.0.0 of TVDB metadata add-on? - scudlee - 2017-10-29

This is likely the fault of the backwards-compatibility code I wrote not working, due to me screwing up the URL parsing.

I'm an idiot. This should have been a seamless transition.

I've submitted a fix:
https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scrapers/pull/57

Thank you @scudlee for quickly noticing and fixing the issue.

RE: Broken or bogus Version 2.0.0 of TVDB metadata add-on? - whojoey - 2017-10-30

Hi,

Brand new to the forum but felt I needed to put my 2 cents here. I updated to TVDB 2.0.1 hoping it would resolve the problem I had with 2.0.0 and the problem still exists.
I cleaned my database and refreshed and similarly with @ipottinger the scraper cannot find any TV shows or episodes. My database is empty. However when I change to 1.8.5, it works perfectly. I will try to log it
tomorrow. I don't know why it is running into this problem.

I am using OpenElec 8.0.4 (Krypton) on my Pi 3.  

Thanks for your time!