Kodi Community Forum
Release Google Drive for KODI - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Google Drive for KODI (/showthread.php?tid=324784)

RE: Google Drive for KODI - Joao100 - 2023-01-12

Hello, I have kodi 19.5 and I'm trying to install google drive, but it gives me an error, which is "failed to install a dependency". Can you help me with this problem please?Thanks

(2023-01-12, 17:20)Joao100 Wrote: Hello, I have kodi 19.5 and I'm trying to install google drive 1.4.11, but it gives me an error, which is "failed to install a dependency". Can you help me with this problem please?Thanks

RE: Google Drive for KODI - User 476552 - 2023-01-12

@Joao100 This forum isn't a live chat, answers can take hours or days sometimes. This in particular is a 3rd party developer so it's leaning more towards the latter. Patience.

(2023-01-12, 17:38)nymdbwdp Wrote: @Joao100 This forum isn't a live chat, answers can take hours or days sometimes. This in particular is a 3rd party developer so it's leaning more towards the latter. Patience.
Sorry for duplicating the post, because I couldn't find how to edit the post above, to put the version of the gdrive addon that is giving me problems. I'll be patient.Thanks.

RE: Google Drive for KODI - Joao100 - 2023-01-13

Hello, I have kodi 19.5 and I'm trying to install google drive 1.4.11, but it gives me an error, which is "failed to install a dependency". Can you help me with this problem please?Thanks

RE: Google Drive for KODI - Dangelus - 2023-01-13

@Joao100 Despite saying you would be patient it seems you are not being. DO NOT keep posting the same question in this thread or anywhere else. WAIT for a response. If you carry on doing this there will be consequences.

In the mean time I can probably tell you why nobody has responded (apart from the fact that is has been less than 24 hours since you first asked!). You have provided ZERO useful information for anyone to help you. The best thing you can do is replicate the problem whilst capturing the process in a Debug Log (instructions are in the link) then post a link to the log in this thread.

(2023-01-13, 14:19)Dangelus Wrote: @Joao100 Despite saying you would be patient it seems you are not being. DO NOT keep posting the same question in this thread or anywhere else. WAIT for a response. If you carry on doing this there will be consequences.

In the mean time I can probably tell you why nobody has responded (apart from the fact that is has been less than 24 hours since you first asked!). You have provided ZERO useful information for anyone to help you. The best thing you can do is replicate the problem whilst capturing the process in a Debug Log (instructions are in the link) then post a link to the log in this thread.
Again sorry for submitting a post again, but I don't understand how to solve the error I described above, and I just want to install gdrive version 1.4.11, which is in the cguZZMan repository, on kodi and still nobody has helped me. One more thing, I don't understand anything from the debug log. Please help me to solve the problem as soon as possible.Thanks.

RE: Google Drive for KODI - Klojum - 2023-01-13

@Joao100

You not understanding a problem is something that will not go away if you keep just posting the same questions.

Also actually read and follow the debug log (wiki) link that was given to you. We cannot hold your hand during every step, you will need to do some of the work on your own. You may not understand the log file itself, but here we do not have a crystal ball, so we cannot see what is going on on YOUR computer. If you can upload the log file as is described in the link and you provide us the URL to that log file, then we can take the next step(s).

(2023-01-13, 16:14)Klojum Wrote: @Joao100

You not understanding a problem is something that will not go away if you keep just posting the same questions.

Also actually read and follow the debug log (wiki) link that was given to you. We cannot hold your hand during every step, you will need to do some of the work on your own. You may not understand the log file itself, but here we do not have a crystal ball, so we cannot see what is going on on YOUR computer. If you can upload the log file as is described in the link and you provide us the URL to that log file, then we can take the next step(s).
But haven't there been more people having problems in google drive addon version 1.4.11? If not, then please tell me which repository has the google drive addon working well, to put in my kodi that I have installed on my android tv box?Thanks.

RE: Google Drive for KODI - Klojum - 2023-01-13

(2023-01-13, 19:07)Joao100 Wrote: But ...

It's very tiring when you only hear what you want to hear, and are not open for alternative ways of support.
And for the record, I really have no idea which other (if any) repository has your precious Google Drive.

RE: Google Drive for KODI - jhayc - 2023-01-17

Hello. I've been using Kodi (19.3) and the Google Drive Plug-in rather seamlessly for the past couple of years.  My problems started when I upgraded to Kodi 20.0.

At first, the Google Drive plug-in won't let me add an account (the "getargspec" error, which I was able to solve using the tips given here).

However, after being able to add an account, the Google Drive Plug-in now behaves differently from before.  You see, I have a flat folder setup where multiple movies are in a single folder. Previously, in Kodi 19.3, the Google Drive Plug-in was able to export .strm of movies in a flat folder. Now, after the update to Kodi 20.0, the Google Drive plug-in doesn't export the individual movies. In fact, when I use a file manager, the folder to where the strms are placed is empty (for flat folders).

I would appreciate any help to resolve this issue. Putting each movie in a new folder of its own is out of the question for me.  Thank you.

RE: Google Drive for KODI - Ydoubleun - 2023-01-17

(2023-01-17, 01:09)jhayc Wrote: At first, the Google Drive plug-in won't let me add an account (the "getargspec" error, which I was able to solve using the tips given here).

Hello. how did you solve this? can you share me a link or somehting?
i still cnat add my google account to Gdrive addon.

thansk

RE: Google Drive for KODI - jhayc - 2023-01-17

https://github.com/cguZZman/plugin.googledrive/issues/302

RE: Google Drive for KODI - Joao100 - 2023-01-17

(2023-01-17, 09:47)jhayc Wrote: https://github.com/cguZZman/plugin.googledrive/issues/302
I didn't understand what to do with the link,

RE: Google Drive for KODI - usphil - 2023-01-18

(2023-01-17, 12:39)Joao100 Wrote:
(2023-01-17, 09:47)jhayc Wrote: https://github.com/cguZZman/plugin.googledrive/issues/302
I didn't understand what to do with the link,
Do you know this path? from your Android TV box:
Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi

If you know how to get to this folder, I can guide you on

If not, you should wait for the Google Drive update for Kodi 20.

BTW, thanks to jhayc for the link