Kodi Community Forum
Release Google Drive for KODI - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Google Drive for KODI (/showthread.php?tid=324784)

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - asp_ - 2019-05-08

(2018-11-17, 06:56)cguZZMan Wrote: It's in the context menu.

Hello @cguZZMan,

I have just installed your add-on. I'm having trouble with the search feature using the context menu: the search result is always zero, even if I insert a string that is surely part of the file names inside the folder I'm searching.

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - stevensgl - 2019-05-14

Hi folks,
Something really strange happen last night with my google video streams on Kodi.
I have the same set up on 3 devices at home and they all stopped working at the same time.
Previous to this, it worked flawlessly!

When i boot up kodi 18.2 it scans for new content but when i try to play, it simply doesn't.

I went to my Google drive and everything seems to be perfectly fine there.  any ideas on what the problem could be?
Thanks

ps. I checked the logs and it showed an error in cvideoplayer or something.

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - stevensgl - 2019-05-14

Hi Again,

I think Google plugin or Google  has blocked my google drive account from playing videos.  Huh
When trying another google drive account and it works fine.

Has this happen to anyone else?
Is there a solution to this?

Thx!

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - stevensgl - 2019-05-15

(2019-05-14, 23:21)stevensgl Wrote: Hi Again,

I think Google plugin or Google  has blocked my google drive account from playing videos.  Huh
When trying another google drive account and it works fine.

Has this happen to anyone else?
Is there a solution to this?

Thx!

forget it, i resolved it

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - McKentin - 2019-05-16

Hey cguZZMan,

Awesome plugin, this make me consider moving back to kodi from plex.  Only reason I am using Plex is because op my Gsuite mounted with Rclone VFS and before that a plexdrive script in the past to prevent the API bans. How is this plugin holding up with those api bans? I have a rather large online library 25/30TB in the Cloud, I don't want to hit those api bans.

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - vab.patel - 2019-05-17

(2019-05-16, 13:56)McKentin Wrote: Hey cguZZMan,

Awesome plugin, this make me consider moving back to kodi from plex.  Only reason I am using Plex is because op my Gsuite mounted with Rclone VFS and before that a plexdrive script in the past to prevent the API bans. How is this plugin holding up with those api bans? I have a rather large online library 25/30TB in the Cloud, I don't want to hit those api bans.

No issue at all. Use the automatic stream creation of this google drive add-on with Look for the changes in the cloud setting checked on. With these the stream creation, library update and fetching metadata is more like in realtime (way faster than plex). Also you don't need to keep a server running.

I also like the performance of kodi better than plex.

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - McKentin - 2019-05-17

(2019-05-17, 00:01)vab.patel Wrote:

No issue at all. Use the automatic stream creation of this google drive add-on with Look for the changes in the cloud setting checked on. With these the stream creation, library update and fetching metadata is more like in realtime (way faster than plex). Also you don't need to keep a server running.

Thank you, if def is. I really hate Plex.. but it was the only option to go with. Kodiplex plugin is even worse. Anyways still a little bit on the fence about the possible api bans.  C

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - vab.patel - 2019-05-17

(2019-05-17, 08:24)McKentin Wrote:
(2019-05-17, 00:01)vab.patel Wrote:

Thank you, if def is. I really hate Plex.. but it was the only option to go with. Kodiplex plugin is even worse. Anyways still a little bit on the fence about the possible api bans.  C 
I have slightly more content than you and have never faced API bans. I am not sure if there is any way to find out about how many API calls are made per second or minute by this addon. Maybe the author of this addon can comment.

One thing I love about Kodi is its ability to play anything you throw at it. I have some personal 4K media with upto 70 Mbps recorded with my Galaxy S9 (believe these are h264 as I have kept the HEVC setting off) and my android TV client just plays it without breaking a sweat.

you could combine it with Trakt - tweak the setting to keep the resume points synced with the library - and you have got a home-brewed, poor man's version of SQL, which is totally enough for me. Even Kodi's backup/restore the "database" setting works like a charm if you wanted to clone your setup on another Kodi.

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - McKentin - 2019-05-18

(2019-05-17, 19:10)vab.patel Wrote:
(2019-05-17, 08:24)McKentin Wrote:
(2019-05-17, 00:01)vab.patel Wrote: No issue at all. Use the automatic stream creation of this google drive add-on with Look for the changes in the cloud setting checked on. With these the stream creation, library update and fetching metadata is more like in realtime (way faster than plex). Also you don't need to keep a server running.

I have slightly more content than you and have never faced API bans. I am not sure if there is any way to find out about how many API calls are made per second or minute by this addon. Maybe the author of this addon can comment.

One thing I love about Kodi is its ability to play anything you throw at it. I have some personal 4K media with upto 70 Mbps recorded with my Galaxy S9 (believe these are h264 as I have kept the HEVC setting off) and my android TV client just plays it without breaking a sweat.

you could combine it with Trakt - tweak the setting to keep the resume points synced with the library - and you have got a home-brewed, poor man's version of SQL, which is totally enough for me. Even Kodi's backup/restore the "database" setting works like a charm if you wanted to clone your setup on another Kodi.

This is a awnser I can work with, thanks for elaborating on the api calls. Do you use discord or anything ? Perhaps easier to communicate. I have a few small questions to ask.

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - AlexBian74 - 2019-05-22

@cguZZMan 
Great plugin, very good job!

I have had issues on my Raspberry due to my negligence in forwarding a port for ssh testing I was doing and I could have been owned, so now I have reinstalled the system (OSMC) and resumed previous .kodi settings from BackUp.
I am just wondering if any malicious script could have stolen access to my GoogleDrive using personal data stored in your plugin...

Thanks for any suggestion!
Cheers!

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - User 228328 - 2019-05-23

Hi,

Is there a way to delete files while using Gdrive for KODI?

How?

Thanks!

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - Disgrace2029 - 2019-05-25

(2019-04-02, 00:21)cguZZMan Wrote:
(2019-03-30, 16:42)Disgrace2029 Wrote:  know this is not a Google Drive issue. I have 2 different media boxes (Shield and X96max). One can play the Original file but the other cannot. On the box I cannot play the Original file it's able to play the next format. The problem with that is its the Directors talking. Has anyone had a problem with like this with two different media boxes? It doesn't have to be the same boxes I have. If so what did you do to fix it or can it be fixed?
@Disgrace2029 Did you try playing the file locally? Did your box supported it?

I think I reloaded the box and Kodi on it with your addon and it all works now.

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - stevensgl - 2019-05-31

Bad news for google drive addon?

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/05/30/google-will-crack-down-on-app-access-to-drive-files-in-the-name-of-user-privacy/

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - clopezi - 2019-05-31

Hi @cguZZMan!

Yesterday i take notice about the plugin dosn't read ASS subtitles

It's a bug or it's intended?

Thank you!

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - nijode999 - 2019-06-10

Hello,

I am connecting Kodi and the google drive addon from the official repo. I like to have it loaded in a library. So I exported everything to srtm. Now I want to have a function that something new is added it automatically export that as srtm as well.

So i checked automatic srtm export on kodi start up. But now it goes trough every folder instead of only the new one. How can I fix that it will only scan the new folders added to gdrive and not every folder?