Kodi Community Forum
Release Google Drive for KODI - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Google Drive for KODI (/showthread.php?tid=324784)

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - cguZZMan - 2020-02-21

(2020-02-20, 22:35)Aquatic Wrote: Hi cguZZman. I'm a little confused. When I learned of the problems, I followed the instructions in one of the posts a few pages back. I completely uninstalled the old version of Google Drive, added your repo and installed it directly from there, version 1.3.3

Do I need to have 2 versions of your Add-on, 1.2.0 and 1.3.3, to makes it work as smoothly as before? I thought it's only possible to install one version at a time?

One version is for the Google Drive addon (1.3.3). This addon has a dependency on the Cloud Drive Common addon, which its latest version is 1.2.10.
These are two different addons which work together.

(2020-02-21, 16:49)rmalchi Wrote: cguZZman, I've updated to the latest 1.3.3 and verified common drive is 1.2.10 but can only play video files directly from the Google drive addon, when trying to play from library where Google drive is a source, I can see the files/ movies but when selecting to play starting to play for a mili second and then connection breaks and nothing is playing. Only happens since last update. I've tested and have the same issue on two seperate Android Tv mi boxes with Kodi 18.5. any ideas? Thanks in advance
As mentioned before, source mode will not work anymore due to the changes from google to the Drive API. I have an idea that I need to test before making the final decision to remove it definitely. But I recommend you to move your library to strm files.

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - moriarti - 2020-02-21

(2020-02-21, 17:34)cguZZMan Wrote: As mentioned before, source mode will not work anymore due to the changes from google to the Drive API. I have an idea that I need to test before making the final decision to remove it definitely. But I recommend you to move your library to strm files. 
Glad to read that you didn't give up, please know that we appreciate the great job you already did.

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - Aquatic - 2020-02-22

(2020-02-21, 17:34)cguZZMan Wrote:
(2020-02-20, 22:35)Aquatic Wrote: Hi cguZZman. I'm a little confused. When I learned of the problems, I followed the instructions in one of the posts a few pages back. I completely uninstalled the old version of Google Drive, added your repo and installed it directly from there, version 1.3.3

Do I need to have 2 versions of your Add-on, 1.2.0 and 1.3.3, to makes it work as smoothly as before? I thought it's only possible to install one version at a time?

One version is for the Google Drive addon (1.3.3). This addon has a dependency on the Cloud Drive Common addon, which its latest version is 1.2.10.

Thank you for your reply. I will try that.

And I will echo what the dude above me said. Thank you very much for your efforts and trying to make this amazing Add-On work even better.

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - rmalchi - 2020-02-22

(2020-02-21, 16:49)rmalchi Wrote: cguZZman, I've updated to the latest 1.3.3 and verified common drive is 1.2.10 but can only play video files directly from the Google drive addon, when trying to play from library where Google drive is a source, I can see the files/ movies but when selecting to play starting to play for a mili second and then connection breaks and nothing is playing. Only happens since last update. I've tested and have the same issue on two seperate Android Tv mi boxes with Kodi 18.5. any ideas? Thanks in advance
As mentioned before, source mode will not work anymore due to the changes from google to the Drive API. I have an idea that I need to test before making the final decision to remove it definitely. But I recommend you to move your library to strm files. 
Ahh that's a shame, cause I have several users who I've shared my gdrive movies folder with and it was a great system for them non tech users just updating the movies library on startup and getting all my latest movies. Anybody knows of an alternative cloud storage that works well as a source for kodi?

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - z3us - 2020-02-22

(2020-02-22, 01:24)Aquatic Wrote:

Thank you for your reply. I will try that.

And I will echo what the dude above me said. Thank you very much for your efforts and trying to make this amazing Add-On work even better.
(2020-02-22, 01:55)rmalchi Wrote:

Ahh that's a shame, cause I have several users who I've shared my gdrive movies folder with and it was a great system for them non tech users just updating the movies library on startup and getting all my latest movies. Anybody knows of an alternative cloud storage that works well as a source for kodi?
Why can't you use strm files?

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - rmalchi - 2020-02-22

Anybody knows of any instructions how to use those strm files?

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - gilsonsjc - 2020-02-22

(2020-02-22, 03:43)rmalchi Wrote: Anybody knows of any instructions how to use those strm files?

Hey, take a look at this comment: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=324784&pid=2923331#pid2923331 

You will find an album of photos of the set up I have here to have the .strm method working. If you set this correctly it will work as if you were using the addon as source (just like you did before).

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - DarrenHill - 2020-02-22

(2020-02-22, 01:55)rmalchi Wrote: Ahh that's a shame, cause I have several users who I've shared my gdrive movies folder with and it was a great system for them non tech users just updating the movies library on startup and getting all my latest movies. Anybody knows of an alternative cloud storage that works well as a source for kodi?

You're getting dangerously close to having issues with our piracy policy (wiki) with questions like that...

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - blacktree - 2020-02-22

(2020-02-20, 15:29)blacktree Wrote: Hello, new to this addon (and a little bit to Kodi). I have installed the addon and succesed logged in to my Google Drive account. But how do i get to the video's in my Google drive. How do i add a source folder where my video's are?

Kind regards,

Bert
Never mind, fixed it. But, as many here, can not play any video from Google Drive.

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - treatyoself - 2020-02-22

Has the update been pushed on the Kodi repository?

Gdrive error - teamrocket - 2020-02-22

Dear Cguzzman,

Thank you for the amazing gdrive addon Smile Super work
However I received an error :

Unknown Error: Exyra Data :line 23 column 2 - line 3 column 3 (char 2158-2159) Please try again. What happened? Previously it worked fine...

RE: Gdrive error - teamrocket - 2020-02-23

(2020-02-22, 18:04)teamrocket Wrote: Dear Cguzzman,

Thank you for the amazing gdrive addon Smile Super work
However I received an error :

Unknown Error: Exyra Data :line 23 column 2 - line 3 column 3 (char 2158-2159) Please try again. What happened? Previously it worked fine...

NVM I uninstall delete related settings, then do a reinstall and it worked again. No idea why it generates that error though I didn't change any setting prior to the error.

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - rmalchi - 2020-02-23

(2020-02-22, 03:54)gilsonsjc Wrote:
(2020-02-22, 03:43)rmalchi Wrote: Anybody knows of any instructions how to use those strm files?

Hey, take a look at this comment: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=324784&pid=2923331#pid2923331 

You will find an album of photos of the set up I have here to have the .strm method working. If you set this correctly it will work as if you were using the addon as source (just like you did before).

Thanks mate ill check it out.

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - rmalchi - 2020-02-23

(2020-02-23, 03:43)rmalchi Wrote:
(2020-02-22, 03:54)gilsonsjc Wrote:

Thanks mate ill check it out.  

Gilsonsjc, thanks for that!! I managed to get the strm files on my local drive and it all updates the Movies library and playing fine.

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - onoakino - 2020-02-28

I managed to export my movies as .strm files on my local drive (kodi library). Movies play but the subtitle won't even though the subtitle is inside the same gdrive movie folder and has exactly the same name as the movie. On KODI, would appear that the subtitle is loaded (see pic), but it doesn't appear on the screen. If I download the subtitle and place it inside my kodi library that I created, I can browse the subtile and I can select it from the subtitle menu. However, it still doesn't appear along with the movie. Any idea what I'm missing here?

I'm on the latest version of the add on 1.3.3 with the latest common 1.2.10.