Kodi Community Forum
Release Google Drive for KODI - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Google Drive for KODI (/showthread.php?tid=324784)

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - jonsnow30 - 2020-03-05

(2020-03-05, 22:08)xybydy Wrote:
(2020-03-05, 10:43)scofield272 Wrote:
(2020-03-04, 18:21)cguZZMan Wrote: It's an option to download NFO files when exporting to .strm files. Your library will take the metadata in the NFO when adding your videos to your library.
Thanks @xybydy for the feature.

thanks for the update, may i ask what are the benefits of use NFO files instad of just strm. files?  

To make Kodi recognize the movies correctly. Especially on non-english movies, Kodi tends to recognize movies incorrectly or just gives up and don't add it to the library at all. Nfo files prevents this kind of issues. 

Great stuff! thanks for the elaboration

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - clockwerk - 2020-03-06

@cguZZMan 

Why does strm export overwrites every single strm file within an already filled existing folder. Isn't it more efficient to just create new STRM files and leave the old ones alone.

I'm coming from dmdsoftware's addon but he's no longer supporting it. I'm used to it exporting only new strm files. The reason I like this approach is because of Recently Added. If everytime export makes a new file, this feature can't be used as the dates are all being refreshed.

Hope you add this feature in, or is it already possible and you need to add something in your config file or something. Let me know thanks.

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - z3us - 2020-03-06

(2020-03-06, 12:04)clockwerk Wrote: @cguZZMan 

Why does strm export overwrites every single strm file within an already filled existing folder. Isn't it more efficient to just create new STRM files and leave the old ones alone.

I'm coming from dmdsoftware's addon but he's no longer supporting it. I'm used to it exporting only new strm files. The reason I like this approach is because of Recently Added. If everytime export makes a new file, this feature can't be used as the dates are all being refreshed.

Hope you add this feature in, or is it already possible and you need to add something in your config file or something. Let me know thanks.
You can uncheck this option in the settings of the add-on
, (Delete before exporting, or something like that)
But be aware that, if you delete something in the cloud, or change the name of anything, the original will remain in local

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - xybydy - 2020-03-06

(2020-03-06, 13:44)z3us Wrote:

But be aware that, if you delete something in the cloud, or change the name of anything, the original will remain in local

If you check watch folder option, addon tries to keep the folder synched with the cloud (removal, renaming, new files etc.). It is not working 100% accurately due to drive api but it's better than nothing

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - z3us - 2020-03-06

(2020-03-06, 15:01)xybydy Wrote:

If you check watch folder option, addon tries to keep the folder synched with the cloud (removal, renaming, new files etc.). It is not working 100% accurately due to drive api but it's better than nothing

Not working here at all. I tried switching the watch... option on. Then I renamed several movies in drive from movie.mkv to movie2.mkv. 
Result: movie.mkv.strm and movie2.mkv.strm in local

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - clockwerk - 2020-03-07

No,  this doesn't fix the problem. It will still re-write all the files. Just look at the timestamp before and after you do it. EVERY STRM will be re-written. This option just makes it NOT delete.

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - keithcq71 - 2020-03-08

Im getting the following message  on my screen : "The access to this resource has been denied. You might not have enough permissions. Its my Google drive account so no idea why I am seeing this .

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - HalfEmptY - 2020-03-08

Thank you

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - Droidly - 2020-03-08

(2020-03-08, 04:00)keithcq71 Wrote: Im getting the following message  on my screen : "The access to this resource has been denied. You might not have enough permissions. Its my Google drive account so no idea why I am seeing this .

Same here but for me it started yesterday evening with new items refusing to update but no error as above "The access to this resource has been denied. You might not have enough permissions." Then about 20 minutes ago I started getting this error.

Thanks for the add-on, I hope you are able to resolve this without too much trouble.

Droidly

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - cguZZMan - 2020-03-09

That error possible means google is blocking you. You can make a test to see if you have a ban (context menu). But really, why you guys keep posting issues without posting your debug log file?

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - Droidly - 2020-03-09

(2020-03-09, 16:44)cguZZMan Wrote: That error possible means google is blocking you. You can make a test to see if you have a ban (context menu). But really, why you guys keep posting issues without posting your debug log file?
Hi Carlos,

Sorry I did not post a debug and honestly I don't think I was blocked by google because I was still able to access all files and download or watch via VLC. I will return with debug logs if the issue is still present but at the moment I uninstalled kodi.

Again, sorry for any troubles.

Droidly

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - z3us - 2020-03-10

edited

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - keithcq71 - 2020-03-10

I checked  and I am not being banned. I dont share links at all .

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - cguZZMan - 2020-03-10

(2020-03-10, 15:16)keithcq71 Wrote: I checked  and I am not being banned. I dont share links at all .

yet, no debug log file

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - azs0025 - 2020-03-11

Watch for changes not found Kodi 18.6, duplic movies, no create strm correct, Movie.mkv alias movie.mkv.strm