Kodi Community Forum
Release Google Drive for KODI - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Google Drive for KODI (/showthread.php?tid=324784)

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - Disgrace2029 - 2020-07-15

Has anyone had any luck in getting their music to add to the library from Google Drive using it as a source?

I have added http://localhost:8587/sources ( hope I typed that in right) as a source in File Manager and Media/Music. Neither one has worked the way it does when you add the music as a source from your PC.
When I can access the GoogleDrive folders through either of the sources I can see the files and when I click on one it doesn't play but it cycles through the list.
If I add the music from the PC as a source it will scrape, add and play from the library.

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - I_MacHunt - 2020-07-17

Hi @cguZZMan ,

I am getting the error message "Unknown error: No JSON object could be decoded. Please try again" I'm sure there is probably something simple to fix this but I cannot for the life of me work it out.

I am using Kodi 18.7, Google Drive version 1.3.6, on Nvidia Shield. I also can't work out how to access logs (I really am a bit dim!!), so can't post them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - sarahnhahs - 2020-07-17

(2020-07-17, 12:15)I_MacHunt Wrote: Hi @cguZZMan ,

I am getting the error message "Unknown error: No JSON object could be decoded. Please try again" I'm sure there is probably something simple to fix this but I cannot for the life of me work it out.

I am using Kodi 18.7, Google Drive version 1.3.6, on Nvidia Shield. I also can't work out how to access logs (I really am a bit dim!!), so can't post them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Had the same problem, read the workaround here: https://github.com/cguZZman/plugin.googledrive/issues/76#issuecomment-585847505 Wink

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - Doktor-X - 2020-07-19

no replay for my problem?

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - stonecaper - 2020-07-19

Cannot see my team drives..what am I missing?

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - Rodneyuplonka - 2020-07-21

Can someone help me? I seem to have to manually click into gdrive and export strm when i have everything set to auto scan aswell as export strm on startup? When the library was smaller it did used to pick up directory changes  instantly

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - Yoshifriend - 2020-07-25

Tested on windows 10 and ubuntu 20.04
Kodi 18.7
Your google drive addon v1.3.6
My folder structure on computers.
/home/user/desktop/media /Movies/Saw (2004)/Saw (2004).mkv

My folder structure on google drive.
Google drive/movies

My steps fresh install

I go to my movie folder in your addon a press "export to .strm files.."
Select my destination as /home/user/desktop/kodi
3.i check "update library after export" and "watch for changes in the cloud folder" and press save and run
It creates a folder structure and strm files for each movie eg. home/user/desktop/kodi/Movies/Saw (2004)/Saw (2004).mkv.strm
After that if I add a new movie in a folder on Google drive eg.
Google drive/Movies/Saw 2 (2005)/saw 2.mkv
a folder will be created in the kodi folder in a few seconds eg
home/user/desktop/kodi/Movies/Saw 2 (2005)
But no strm file created inside the Saw 2 (2005) folder
Testing
If I put the saw 2 (2005).mkv file into the movie directory without a subfolder eg.
Google drive/Movies/saw 2 (2005).mkv
It will create a strm file for the movie.
So it looks like it's just not creating strm in subfolders. Is it meant to create a strm in sub folders or have I missed a step?

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - usphil - 2020-07-25

(2020-07-25, 00:53)Yoshifriend Wrote: Tested on windows 10 and ubuntu 20.04
Kodi 18.7
Your google drive addon v1.3.6
My folder structure on computers.
/home/user/desktop/media /Movies/Saw (2004)/Saw (2004).mkv

My folder structure on google drive.
Google drive/movies

My steps fresh install

I go to my movie folder in your addon a press "export to .strm files.."
Select my destination as /home/user/desktop/kodi
3.i check "update library after export" and "watch for changes in the cloud folder" and press save and run
It creates a folder structure and strm files for each movie eg. home/user/desktop/kodi/Movies/Saw (2004)/Saw (2004).mkv.strm
After that if I add a new movie in a folder on Google drive eg.
Google drive/Movies/Saw 2 (2005)/saw 2.mkv
a folder will be created in the kodi folder in a few seconds eg
home/user/desktop/kodi/Movies/Saw 2 (2005)
But no strm file created inside the Saw 2 (2005) folder
Testing
If I put the saw 2 (2005).mkv file into the movie directory without a subfolder eg.
Google drive/Movies/saw 2 (2005).mkv
It will create a strm file for the movie.
So it looks like it's just not creating strm in subfolders. Is it meant to create a strm in sub folders or have I missed a step?
Yes, you are right. it can export to subfolders with the rate 15-20%, so you have to export to the level one folder first then move them to the subfolders later by yourself.
With movies, I put the movie file directly into a folder instead of each folder.
With TV shows, I have to export manual for every show.

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - Yoshifriend - 2020-07-25

usphil ' Wrote: Yes, you are right. it can export to subfolders with the rate 15-20%, so you have to export to the level one folder first then move them to the subfolders later by yourself.
With movies, I put the movie file directly into a folder instead of each folder.
With TV shows, I have to export manual for every show.
Thanks good to know it's not just me but having them in a single folder won't work with radarr and sonarr and then I won't be able to have extras for movies in the folder with the movie so will have to find another way. Dam almost perfect solution

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - Doktor-X - 2020-07-25

(2020-07-19, 15:01)stonecaper Wrote: Image

Cannot see my team drives..what am I missing?

Hi, i manage to fix this problem using rclone to mount shared drive localy on my coreelec box.
Setup is not so plug&play like addon but after initial setup works

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - michaeljc70 - 2020-07-27

First time using this add-on so sorry if I am missing something.  I had a few questions/issues:

1)  Is there a way to use a specific folder rather than the whole drive as a source?

2)  To try and get this working I copied a folder to my Drive (House (2004)) with a file (House S01E01).  I setup a source (http://localhost:8587/source/) and set the content to be TV Shows.  Nothing shows in my library after doing a refresh.

3)  When I go into files and find the video file and try to play it, it doesn't play or give an error.  I very briefly see a play icon at the bottom left of the screen and that is it. 

Thanks

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - wowwoo - 2020-07-27

Hi I wanna use this addon on my kodi headless. I copied addon and addon_data but I can't log in it.
I haven't got gpu I have to use terminal, How can I set acounts.cfg on drive-login.heroku.app?

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - wowwoo - 2020-07-27

Cause I wanna generate STRM by schedule on my cloud Ubuntu server

Thank you

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - cguZZMan - 2020-07-28

Hi all,
There was a change on Google Drive API, where the "teamdrives" api was changed to just "drives". I'm about to fix it but no longer have a teamdrive to test it. Does anybody want to share a teamdrive so I can develop it?

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - markpako - 2020-07-28

(2020-07-28, 04:00)cguZZMan Wrote: Hi all,
There was a change on Google Drive API, where the "teamdrives" api was changed to just "drives". I'm about to fix it but no longer have a teamdrive to test it. Does anybody want to share a teamdrive so I can develop it?

I can help, I have a Teamdrive for testing purposes 😉