Kodi Community Forum
Release Google Drive for KODI - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Google Drive for KODI (/showthread.php?tid=324784)

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - DarrenHill - 2020-09-18

@maxess your other thread has been merged into this main GDrive addon support thread.

RE: Gdrive: Error - FXB78 - 2020-09-18

(2020-09-18, 22:42)maxess Wrote:
(2020-09-18, 22:30)FXB78 Wrote: Looks like some error with line 24 column 9 & line 35 column 2 (char 1911 - 2182), possibly in google drive, I don't know. A Debug Log file would likely give us the information we need.

Hey thanks, i'm not sure if this is right but this is what its created: hastebin

Any ideas?
Yep, the google drive plugin is showing an error with "Extra data: line 24 column 9 - line 35 column 2 (char 1911 - 2182)", I know nothing about how the addon works but it appears to be some invalid data, possibly in a spreadsheet. I'm sure the developer will be able to give you some proper info on the error Smile

RE: Gdrive: Error - maxess - 2020-09-19

(2020-09-18, 23:08)FXB78 Wrote:
(2020-09-18, 22:42)maxess Wrote:
(2020-09-18, 22:30)FXB78 Wrote: Looks like some error with line 24 column 9 & line 35 column 2 (char 1911 - 2182), possibly in google drive, I don't know. A Debug Log file would likely give us the information we need.

Hey thanks, i'm not sure if this is right but this is what its created: hastebin

Any ideas?
Yep, the google drive plugin is showing an error with "Extra data: line 24 column 9 - line 35 column 2 (char 1911 - 2182)", I know nothing about how the addon works but it appears to be some invalid data, possibly in a spreadsheet. I'm sure the developer will be able to give you some proper info on the error Smile

right.. lol

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - nadr21a21 - 2020-09-19

(2020-03-12, 21:53)Zeptohack Wrote: I can't get any google drive to connect with kodi.

only get this:
OOGLE Drive
Retrieving drive information

and the blue processbar never comes over 50%

what to do Huh
Hi . I have the same problem, is there a solution please

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - nadr21a21 - 2020-09-19

Hello. I cannot contact my account there is a message stuck

Retrieving drive information
What do I do please she's not moving 50%

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - maxess - 2020-09-19

(2020-09-18, 23:01)DarrenHill Wrote: @maxess your other thread has been merged into this main GDrive addon support thread.

You do realise that this is a redundant thread don't you? Its not practical to have 100's of issues all under 1 thread because you can't find anything and no one really pays attention to these anymore. look through the messages and notice a trend here and then moderate accordingly because this is useless mate.. Its a mess. When 10 more people message your initial question is lost. So i ask you, why do you feel this thread is a good idea? just curious...

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - DarrenHill - 2020-09-19

So that the author of the addon (and other interested supporting parties) can keep track of everything and know when there's a question to answer.

Many of them have the threads set up so that they get notifications of new posts. If all sorts of random threads get opened up then it's easy to miss when attention and action is needed.

Equally it makes the place tidier, and it's easier to find questions and answers for a given topic, to save the same question getting asked multiple times.

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - maxess - 2020-09-19

(2020-09-19, 12:04)DarrenHill Wrote: So that the author of the addon (and other interested supporting parties) can keep track of everything and know when there's a question to answer.

Many of them have the threads set up so that they get notifications of new posts. If all sorts of random threads get opened up then it's easy to miss when attention and action is needed.

Equally it makes the place tidier, and it's easier to find questions and answers for a given topic, to save the same question getting asked multiple times.

But can you not see he's not active here? I find it less uniform because if someone from the outside wants to find a solution you'll notice the same question being asked multiple times and most of these questions are being asked by brand new members which tells you they've had to ask the question because they've missed the solution is a sea of comments. surely if it were tidier then every addon would have their own separate thread but thats not the case as you can see..

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - DarrenHill - 2020-09-19

Also the amount of traffic we get here (some sections more than others), if every individual issue had its own thread then very quickly even quite new ones would end up down in page 2, 3, 4 or beyond and no-one would look at them.

There is certainly no ideal solution, and there are valid points in what you say. But it's how this place is operated as the team believe it's the least-worst solution.

(2020-09-19, 12:24)DarrenHill Wrote: Also the amount of traffic we get here (some sections more than others), if every individual issue had its own thread then very quickly even quite new ones would end up down in page 2, 3, 4 or beyond and no-one would look at them.

There is certainly no ideal solution, and there are valid points in what you say. But it's how this place is operated as the team believe it's the least-worst solution.

When i was moderating probably over 10 years ago now, we made use of sticky's. or FAQ's. For common questions anyway. I understand some questions can be a little tedious to commit to when its been asked so many times but realistically who's picking up on these questions other than 'newbie' users? Do you know of any other forums other than reddit where i could possibly get a response? ideally where log files are encouraged?  Even if there was a read through which can explain how to understand a log file and its errors because posting a log which is shy of 3000 lines is unrealistic that anyones gonna give time to as no ones getting paid. 

We need to reform these forums a little bit, maybe have a section strictly for error codes, even if you're not getting an elaborate response, pointing someone in the right direction can sometimes help a situation. I wouldn't respond to someone who thinks i'm going to read through 3000 lines so why should i expect it :/

Unfortunately I don't know of any that I could recommend.

@cguZZMan does still visit these forums - he last logged in a couple of weeks ago. So maybe give it a little time and either he or someone else who actively uses the addon might be able to assist. It must be remembered that everyone here is a volunteer, so responses can often take more time than in some other situations.

(2020-09-19, 14:02)DarrenHill Wrote: Unfortunately I don't know of any that I could recommend.

@cguZZMan does still visit these forums - he last logged in a couple of weeks ago. So maybe give it a little time and either he or someone else who actively uses the addon might be able to assist. It must be remembered that everyone here is a volunteer, so responses can often take more time than in some other situations.

So basically we can't even be self sufficient we have to wait for a guy who visits the forums once in a blue moon and maybe this person will pick up on a couple of easy to answer questions but more than likely he wont (speaking from experience) as i've already posted another question here which was overlooked. 
Basically gdrive addon users are being shoved to the side. Yay for us.

Can i ask, do you need to be a dev to understand these log files or is it something we can learn from somewhere?

You certainly can be self sufficient, and anyone who has enough knowledge to read the code can maybe help with the issue. This is a community forum, often the people helping are just other users. Indeed that's how almost all of the team started out. But as everyone involved in this project is a volunteer, there's often "real life" stuff which limits time available for support here. That is as much true for the addon developers as anyone else. We cannot force anyone to do anything, nor would we wish to.

Anyway the log files often give some good inputs as to what is going wrong. The addons are written in Python for the most part, so with the log information and some knowledge of that (either personal or from the web) then some understanding can often be gained. Whether it's enough to get things working or not though is very much case dependent.

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - TheGame1986 - 2020-09-20

@maxess you're issue is very simple. Your accounts.cfg file has been corrupted, this happens to me on occasion. Easy fix. Either delete the file and sign back in or edit the file in a text editor.

The end of the file should look like this:
Code:
        ],
        "id": "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx", 
        "name": "User name"
    }
}

But instead it will have this last bit repeted, most likely like this:
Code:
        ],
}
}],
}
}

So just remove the duplicate text. Very simple. The file will be found in \userdata\addon_data\plugin.googledrive.

Also for what it is worth I would never have seen your your post had @DarrenHill not merged it here, as I only bookmark and check the forum / Github pages of the add-ons I use. I never, ever, browse the forums outside of those handful of threads.

RE: Google Drive for KODI - (available in the Kodi Add-on repository) - maxess - 2020-09-23

(2020-09-20, 19:28)TheGame1986 Wrote: @maxess you're issue is very simple. Your accounts.cfg file has been corrupted, this happens to me on occasion. Easy fix. Either delete the file and sign back in or edit the file in a text editor.

The end of the file should look like this:
Code:
        ],
    }
}

But instead it will have this last bit repeted, most likely like this:
Code:
        ],
}
}],
}
}

So just remove the duplicate text. Very simple. The file will be found in \userdata\addon_data\plugin.googledrive.

Also for what it is worth I would never have seen your your post had @DarrenHill not merged it here, as I only bookmark and check the forum / Github pages of the add-ons I use. I never, ever, browse the forums outside of those handful of threads.
Hi mate, thank you for this, i did use an older setup i had backed up but i'll keep this in mind for if the error does ever pop up again. Would this be a fix for the 'JSON' error or the 'Extra data' error? or both?