Kodi Community Forum
Broken [UK] BT Sport Video - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Broken [UK] BT Sport Video (/showthread.php?tid=325188)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: [UK] BT Sport Video - gb160 - 2018-05-27

Lovely work sir!!
Ill try it out later.

Just out of interest are your addons open source and on github?
Reason i ask is while playing around with my temporary addon for kodi 18, i found a really simple way to add the current and next shows to the plot infolabel.
I understand if you cant be bothered with this sort of thing but id be happy to make a pr if you want.

Just noticed that the addon isnt working for me right now, and i cant login from the BT Website either....i take it theres a problem their end?
Weirdly the ios app is working.

(2018-05-27, 13:10)stammie Wrote: I am really loving this addon and feel a bit guilty that I might be extracting the urine a tad by asking this, but is there any way to include a schedule as the Eurosport addon does or even just a now and next section?
No sweat either way but that would make a great addon almost perfect.
 Ive implemented this feature, and if i can do it then i have no doubt that @Leopold can do it....its surprisingly simple as well.

RE: [UK] BT Sport Video - Leopold - 2018-05-27

(2018-05-27, 13:12)gb160 Wrote: Just out of interest are your addons open source and on github?
Yep https://github.com/LS80/plugin.video.btsportvideo

RE: [UK] BT Sport Video - Leopold - 2018-05-27

(2018-05-27, 13:10)stammie Wrote: I am really loving this addon and feel a bit guilty that I might be extracting the urine a tad by asking this, but is there any way to include a schedule as the Eurosport addon does or even just a now and next section?
Good idea! @gb160 found a nice way to add a now and next.

What i did with the method I showed you, rather than having a separate schedule which would require entering another section, was to add what's currently on each channel to the channel name:

BT Sport 1 - Champions League final (sorry Liverpool fans Wink)
BT Sport 2 - Rugby
...etc

This has the bonus of displaying what's on every channel as soon as you enter the live streams section of the addon.

Then I added the description, next show and next show description as the plot info label....so if you scroll down through the channels, what's on next etc is shown at the side (using estuary, will differ depending on skin)
Also I recommend having 'auto scroll plot' turned in the Kodi settings, as some of the descriptions can be longer than others.

This is up to you to decide the best layout for it, but I found this was the best way to get all the information displayed, without the need for a separate schedule section....just seemed a cleaner approach to take.

RE: [UK] BT Sport Video - Leopold - 2018-05-29

(2018-05-27, 21:49)gb160 Wrote: What i did with the method I showed you, rather than having a separate schedule which would require entering another section, was to add what's currently on each channel to the channel name:

BT Sport 2 - Rugby
...etc

This has the bonus of displaying what's on every channel as soon as you enter the live streams section of the addon.

Then I added the description, next show and next show description as the plot info label....so if you scroll down through the channels, what's on next etc is shown at the side (using estuary, will differ depending on skin)
Also I recommend having 'auto scroll plot' turned in the Kodi settings, as some of the descriptions can be longer than others.

This is up to you to decide the best layout for it, but I found this was the best way to get all the information displayed, without the need for a separate schedule section....just seemed a cleaner approach to take.
Agreed this seems like the best approach. Here's a new version to test which implements something like that.

RE: [UK] BT Sport Video - gb160 - 2018-05-29

The now and next is perfect mate....i'll have a look at your code and see how you implemented it, just for reference more than anything else.

One slight issue, on this version when watching a channel, i'm not getting the channel logo when i have the plot showing...im just getting the default fallback image.

RE: [UK] BT Sport Video - Leopold - 2018-05-29

(2018-05-29, 10:46)gb160 Wrote: The now and next is perfect mate....i'll have a look at your code and see how you implemented it, just for reference more than anything else.
Have a look here.

(2018-05-29, 10:46)gb160 Wrote: One slight issue, on this version when watching a channel, i'm not getting the channel logo when i have the plot showing...im just getting the default fallback image.
Not quite sure what you mean, could you attach a screenshot?

RE: [UK] BT Sport Video - gb160 - 2018-05-29

Sure:

Im not sure if this issue has always been present, as I've only used the last couple of versions since you fixed it for Kodi 18.
In my simple brutal attempt at it, when i set the channel logo/plot info in the menu, when i play the channel it all gets passed to the player as well without any further code.

See below:

As i said, its only a minor thing, good to see you got the times included as well...it was too much for my simple brain lol.
This addon is coming on leaps and bounds buddy!

RE: [UK] BT Sport Video - Leopold - 2018-05-30

After looking at the skin XMLs DialogSeekBar.xml and Variables.xml I can see what I need to change to enable the logo.
This aspect of Kodi/Estuary seems very messy and complicated.

RE: [UK] BT Sport Video - stammie - 2018-05-31

(2018-05-29, 00:14)Leopold Wrote:
(2018-05-27, 21:49)gb160 Wrote: What i did with the method I showed you, rather than having a separate schedule which would require entering another section, was to add what's currently on each channel to the channel name:

BT Sport 2 - Rugby
...etc

Agreed this seems like the best approach. Here's a new version to test which implements something like that. 
Thanks again, I like the now and next implementation, it probably wasn't simple, but it is a nice effective feature.
However I have noticed a small fault over the last few days, intermittently I'm getting an error saying I've reached the maximum number of concurrent streams allowed,
this is across all my devices (Vero 4K, fire TV and Windows 10 HTPC) yet I can go to the website or Windows app and play a channel.
I think I've found a workaround by playing one of the non subscription videos after I've stopped a live channel (not 100% sure yet though).
Is it possible something in the addon is not communicating with BT that a stream has been stopped?

RE: [UK] BT Sport Video - Leopold - 2018-05-31

(2018-05-31, 16:52)stammie Wrote:
(2018-05-29, 00:14)Leopold Wrote:

BT Sport 2 - Rugby
...etc

Thanks again, I like the now and next implementation, it probably wasn't simple, but it is a nice effective feature.
However I have noticed a small fault over the last few days, intermittently I'm getting an error saying I've reached the maximum number of concurrent streams allowed,
this is across all my devices (Vero 4K, fire TV and Windows 10 HTPC) yet I can go to the website or Windows app and play a channel.
I think I've found a workaround by playing one of the non subscription videos after I've stopped a live channel (not 100% sure yet though).
Is it possible something in the addon is not communicating with BT that a stream has been stopped? 
Yes this is something I've been looking into recently. There is another request made by the website when you stop a stream but so far I've not been able to stop the "maximum number of concurrent streams" error by sending this request. I'll probably work it out eventually. I think you get this if you start more than two streams within 30 mins.

RE: [UK] BT Sport Video - stammie - 2018-06-10

(2018-05-31, 17:31)Leopold Wrote:
(2018-05-31, 16:52)stammie Wrote:
(2018-05-29, 00:14)Leopold Wrote: Agreed this seems like the best approach. Here's a new version to test which implements something like that.  
Yes this is something I've been looking into recently. There is another request made by the website when you stop a stream but so far I've not been able to stop the "maximum number of concurrent streams" error by sending this request. I'll probably work it out eventually. I think you get this if you start more than two streams within 30 mins. 
I got this error when I went to put the boxing on last night and I hadn't used BT Sports for two days prior to that.
As I had guests round to watch the fights I just watched it on the website rather than trying to fault find I'm afraid.

RE: [UK] BT Sport Video - gb160 - 2018-06-28

Booooo to BTSports!!
Damn killjoys.