Kodi Community Forum
Release Madnox (Leia) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Madnox (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=314)
+----- Thread: Release Madnox (Leia) (/showthread.php?tid=325359)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Madnox (Leia) - icesurf3r - 2021-11-07

Hi Everyone,

For my sins I am still using Madnox - Isengard. It is an older version but still does everything I need it to. However, lately I have been thinking of upgrading and have been experimenting with Madnox for Leia and I have a few questions regarding the set-up of the movie section (Looking to keep it as close to the Madnox - Isengard version as I can so the kids don't get to confused) - so here goes:
  1. Is there a location where I can upload my own movie genre icons - so Madnox will use them instead of the defaults? (if there is, do I need to enable a setting anywhere?
  2. In Isengard I was able to display random movie fanart when on the movie section of the main menu, but have a single image for each genre type Action, Adventure etc once movies had been selected. Is this possible with Madnox-Leia (or is it a request?) All I can seem to do is have random background images from the genre, or a single static image for all genres. (hope that makes sense)
  3. When in the movie genre selection, the icons have the name of the genre already on them. Is there a way to remove the text from below the icon that repeatrs the genre? In Isengard this was acheived by making an edit to one of the xml files, but I can't remember what the edit was, or which file to edit.
  4. Is there an option that allows the synopsis of movies in a collection to be displayed when on the movieset "case/icon"? Believe in Madnox-Isengard this was taken care of by extended info script, but can't seem to get it to work in Madnox-Leia
  5. Finally, As I use ember media manager to scrape all my movieis there an add-on that can update all the Logos, discart, clear art etc from the movie folder? Sure there was something called madcow or similar - but haven't been able to find it in a search. - Found Artwork Beef
Apologies for all the questions, but thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

RE: Madnox (Leia) - gibxxi - 2021-11-14

(2021-11-07, 16:25)icesurf3r Wrote: Hi Everyone,

For my sins I am still using Madnox - Isengard. It is an older version but still does everything I need it to. However, lately I have been thinking of upgrading and have been experimenting with Madnox for Leia and I have a few questions regarding the set-up of the movie section (Looking to keep it as close to the Madnox - Isengard version as I can so the kids don't get to confused) - so here goes:
  1. Is there a location where I can upload my own movie genre icons - so Madnox will use them instead of the defaults? (if there is, do I need to enable a setting anywhere?
  2. In Isengard I was able to display random movie fanart when on the movie section of the main menu, but have a single image for each genre type Action, Adventure etc once movies had been selected. Is this possible with Madnox-Leia (or is it a request?) All I can seem to do is have random background images from the genre, or a single static image for all genres. (hope that makes sense)
  3. When in the movie genre selection, the icons have the name of the genre already on them. Is there a way to remove the text from below the icon that repeatrs the genre? In Isengard this was acheived by making an edit to one of the xml files, but I can't remember what the edit was, or which file to edit.
  4. Is there an option that allows the synopsis of movies in a collection to be displayed when on the movieset "case/icon"? Believe in Madnox-Isengard this was taken care of by extended info script, but can't seem to get it to work in Madnox-Leia
  5. Finally, As I use ember media manager to scrape all my movieis there an add-on that can update all the Logos, discart, clear art etc from the movie folder? Sure there was something called madcow or similar - but haven't been able to find it in a search. - Found Artwork Beef
Apologies for all the questions, but thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

The view options section is hidden in a 'sideblade-menu' that in order to access you need to press the <up-arrow> or <left-arrow> (depending on which view you are in at the time) to show. There's no indicator that this sideblade is present, so can be easily overlooked. The synopsis dropdown panel can be configured from this sideblade menu and is located under the label "View Options".

As for questions 1, 2, and 3. I know that Mr.V wasn't aiming for the level of complexity seen in other (earlier) versions of Nox. He wanted a fully-featured, but simpler approach in Madnox. Your best bet is to install the skin, as you have done, and have a play and see what you can come up with. Remember, this skin isn't finished. It's usable, but not fully complete. Mr. V had a number of outstanding issues he wanted to address, and then look at adding some features once the core was working as he wanted it to. Alas, we haven't got to that point yet. But I would recommend having a fallback skin (aside from Estuary) that you can use if something gets screwed up.

I'd also advise going straight to Matrix, and skip Leia. For me Leia was a cursed build, nothing but problems. The fact it got 9 (nine!) point releases ought to tell you all you need to know about that. That's the most number of point releases in any version of Kodi/Xbmc i've ever used. Also, Artwork beef's core functionality has been absorbed into the core code in Matrix, so having to spend time learning how Artwork Beef works, and later upgrading to Matrix and having to go through that all again with Artwork Dump (that replaces Artwork Beef, from Matrix, upwards) is likely to cost you even more time.

Dan / Gib.

RE: Madnox (Leia) - icesurf3r - 2021-11-26

Thanks Dan 

I have found a solution, so here it is for anyone else that's interested.
Download Kodi Texture tool from https://kodi.wiki/view/TextureTool

To Update Exisiting Filmstrips
  1. Run the program
  2. Click Select input
  3. Navigate to add-ons/resource.images.moviegenreicons.filmstrip-hd.colour/resources
  4. Select Output Directory/ folder
  5. Click Start
  6. Add your additional movie genre icons to the output directory/ folder
  7. Click Select Input Folder
  8. Navigate to the direcorty/ folder
  9. Select output file
  10. Click start
  11. copy/move textures.xbt from outout directory/ folder to add-ons/resource.images.moviegenreicons.filmstrip-hd.colour/resources (either overwrite the old file or rename it to keep a backup)
To add complete new set
  1. Run the program
  2. Click Select Input Folder
  3. Navigate to the folder containing your custom movie genre icons
  4. Select Output file
  5. Clcik Start
  6. copy/move textures.xbt from outout directory/ folder to add-ons/resource.images.moviegenreicons.filmstrip-hd.colour/resources (either overwrite the old file or rename it to keep a backup)
Should work for Kodi Matrix too.

RE: Madnox (Leia) - Karellen - 2024-01-27

Moderator Notice

Thread Closed

This version of Madnox is unsupported, and has been so for many years.

Please refer to the new Matrix and Nexus fork located in this thread... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=376079

@Mike_Doc and @Mr. V feel free to PM me if you have any questions