Kodi Community Forum
Citris (Alpha for Krypton) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: Citris (Alpha for Krypton) (/showthread.php?tid=325378)

Pages: 1 2 3

Citris (Alpha for Krypton) - Rufoo - 2017-12-12

Citris (Alpha) Info:
Citris is a fusion and modernisation of Cirrus Extended and SexyCirrus. This is an alpha build which is available for consumption as a preview as the project moves towards beta. As such, bugs are to be expected and there are elements of Cirrus which are still present and due to be overhauled. However, this will serve as a technical preview of what is upcoming. Currently, the skin supports the Advanced Emulator Launcher and Advanced MAME Launcher projects from Wintermute0110.

What's in the Box?:
The current Citris Alpha mainly showcases the gaming capabilities of what to expect in the skin thus far, media has been overhauled as well. Views are designed to be massively tailored to the users preference, unlike the former views from Cirrus and SexyCirrus, the user can designate a box shape of their choosing to each view from a large selection ranging from Posters / DVD Covers all the way through to Steam Banners or PSP Slim Cases. As such, many of the old views from Cirrus / SexyCirrus have been rebuilt for this project.

Roadmap from Alpha to Beta:
  • Replace alpha version List view with superior version.
  • Complete Home Screen overhaul.
  • Complete removal / replacement of Cirrus icons & assets.
  • Replacement of Cirrus' orange backgrounds with new ones.
  • Additional view series (Varia and others).
  • Additional layout styles for all view series (with a focus on old-school gaming).
  • Colour Themes.
  • Further visual enhancements.
  • Removal of redundant XMLs and other elements.
  • Full support for Kodi 18 and RetroPlayer additions.

RE: Citris (Alpha for Krypton) - Rufoo - 2017-12-12

SCREENSHOTS / VIEW SHOWCASE
Citris aims to unshackle the user from previous restrictions found in Cirrus / SexyCirrus. No longer are views locked as 'Fanart Wide' or 'Advance Poster' but instead are numeric. Simply choose the view type desired and specify the appropriate icon shape and the layout type that works for you from the flyout menu and you're good to go! Mix and match!

Core Series:
The Core Series is a combination of the 'Fanart' views from Cirrus' and the Advance Series views from SexyCirrus with some radical improvements.
ImageImageImage

Reserved 2

Reserved 3

RE: Citris (Alpha for Krypton) - stacksptdtdm - 2017-12-12

Thanks, about to give this a try

RE: Citris (Alpha for Krypton) - Marcus_Brown - 2017-12-12

Thanks for never giving up on this.  Going to try this out tonight!

RE: Citris (Alpha for Krypton) - Rufoo - 2017-12-13

(2017-12-12, 13:15)stacksptdtdm Wrote: Thanks, about to give this a try

(2017-12-12, 20:45)Marcus_Brown Wrote: Thanks for never giving up on this.  Going to try this out tonight!
 You're welcome. Appreciate the support. Keep an eye on this as further alphas are released on the way to the Beta before a true 1.0 version goes live! Please feel free to report any bugs, feedback, or things you would like particular concentration to be focused on.

RE: Citris (Alpha for Krypton) - rdyott - 2017-12-13

Hallelujah it’s a Christmas miracle!!

Thanks mate. You know I’ve been eagerly awaiting this.
Time to tinker & test the theme and report any bugs I find!
❤️❤️

RE: Citris (Alpha for Krypton) - rdyott - 2017-12-13

quick things after some basic fiddling...

Seems top Right is cut off on my screen. Im currently using a 1920x1080 resolution.
the menu stays in the middle. regardless of the options selected. no vertical or lower horizontal options. 

( i completely understand its an alpha )  just posting what i find.

Where do you want bug posts? here or do you have a github set up?

RE: Citris (Alpha for Krypton) - chrisism - 2017-12-14

(2017-12-13, 20:43)rdyott Wrote: quick things after some basic fiddling...

Seems top Right is cut off on my screen. Im currently using a 1920x1080 resolution.
the menu stays in the middle. regardless of the options selected. no vertical or lower horizontal options. 

( i completely understand its an alpha )  just posting what i find.

Where do you want bug posts? here or do you have a github set up?
Github is not up yet. Maybe keep a list of all the bugs for now, but then again a lot of the issues are known or obvious. At the moment it's more a preview of where this skin is going to. So are we happy with the view, main looks and feels?

RE: Citris (Alpha for Krypton) - rdyott - 2017-12-14

For the most part yes. Waiting to see it be more fleshed out. I understand it’s an alpha. There are some suggestions I have. I only had a little bit of time to mess with it before I had to go into work.
But I’ll compile lists of bugs and suggestions over time.

RE: Citris (Alpha for Krypton) - Aaiemron - 2017-12-17

I'm very happy with the view so far.  If this is just the alpha,  then I can't imagine what the future updates will bring. It looks very promising.  Great work.

RE: Citris (Alpha for Krypton) - Rufoo - 2017-12-18

(2017-12-14, 16:20)rdyott Wrote: For the most part yes. Waiting to see it be more fleshed out. I understand it’s an alpha. There are some suggestions I have. I only had a little bit of time to mess with it before I had to go into work.
But I’ll compile lists of bugs and suggestions over time.
Feel free to do so, bud. Even if something is glaringly obvious feel free to point it out. Things like the Home Screen have only just be started on hence the upper cut off issues but that'll be resolved in Alpha 2 which I will provide around NYE period. There are a LOT of things trimmed so people, like yourself, could have a play with the current alpha while I refine and add all the other goodies back in. Smile
(2017-12-17, 11:16)Aaiemron Wrote: I'm very happy with the view so far.  If this is just the alpha,  then I can't imagine what the future updates will bring. It looks very promising.  Great work.
Thank you for playing! I'm glad you're enjoying so far. Alpha 2 will come shortly with even more stuff, more views, more options, and just generally more everything. If you have anything you'd like to suggest or things you wish to report then feel free to do so. Smile

RE: Citris (Alpha for Krypton) - rdyott - 2017-12-18

In KEIBERTZ view. > Layout >BIG LOGO
Where would i set a logo image?  For AEL?  Systems.
I have an older copy of AEL (it works, im afraid to update lol)

I previously used Titan View in Sexy Cirrus, but Ived notice that Citris has no real good view for systems.

What View do you use for your systems?  after going from GAMES to the system launcher page?

a moke up example of what im talking about:
https://imgur.com/BJkzbzn

RE: Citris (Alpha for Krypton) - Rufoo - 2017-12-19

(2017-12-18, 18:14)rdyott Wrote: In KEIBERTZ view. > Layout >BIG LOGO
Where would i set a logo image?  For AEL?  Systems.
I have an older copy of AEL (it works, im afraid to update lol)

I previously used Titan View in Sexy Cirrus, but Ived notice that Citris has no real good view for systems.

What View do you use for your systems?  after going from GAMES to the system launcher page?

a moke up example of what im talking about:
https://imgur.com/BJkzbzn
 Sorry, bud. Not quite understanding. What's the trouble with Keibertz > Big Logo? Could you rephrase?

As for views for systems, I use ones which are not yet released but will surface in alpha2. Wink