Kodi Community Forum
Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=327562)

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - DonBrutto - 2018-05-12

(2018-05-11, 17:27)louisefindlay23 Wrote: In your Alexa app, go to Music / Books / Video and then set your default video skill to Kodi Video.
Thanks for the help! I'm at the screen but I have no idea how to go about setting kodi video as the default. There does not seem to be an option to change anything.

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - anthamm93 - 2018-05-12

Hi @tkislan I sent you a PM on reddit and can't wait to try it out. Thanks for allowing this to be used by others.

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - thura10 - 2018-05-14

Nice one mate. Does this need port forwarding like the other one or does this work locally?
Also, does this need echo or will it work with the fire tv voice remote

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - tkislan - 2018-05-14

(2018-05-14, 01:38)thura10 Wrote: Nice one mate. Does this need port forwarding like the other one or does this work locally?
Also, does this need echo or will it work with the fire tv voice remote
No, there is no need for port forwarding, so your device is not accessible from outside of your network. Connection is made from the addon to the server.

Not sure, if it will work with the fire tv voice remote. I just know, that people are having trouble running it on firetv, because Amazon always tries to play content from their library by default.

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - louisefindlay23 - 2018-05-14

@DonBrutto Have you gone into Kodi Video and manage and link your devices and set which Alexa devices controls your Kodi device?

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - guardianin - 2018-05-17

Hi @tkislan I PM'd you my email address on Reddit. Kindly add me for your addon, would love to try it out!

Thanks for adding me @tkislan but I cannot get it to work! I've performed all the steps listed. When I finally get to device discovery after account linking, it just shows me the Alexa webpage with a black screen. Also, Video is not showing up under Music Video & Books. I have changed the language to Eng UK.

Clicking on Manage in TV & Video in advanced settings of your addon also leads me to the same black screen.

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - tkislan - 2018-05-17

(2018-05-17, 10:32)guardianin Wrote: Thanks for adding me @tkislan but I cannot get it to work! I've performed all the steps listed. When I finally get to device discovery after account linking, it just shows me the Alexa webpage with a black screen. Also, Video is not showing up under Music Video & Books. I have changed the language to Eng UK.

Clicking on Manage in TV & Video in advanced settings of your addon also leads me to the same black screen.
What do you mean by language? You actually have to change your Content country, which is not always what you want, but works for me.

These are the only settings for Location that I can see, and I've changed all of them to the UK. But still no luck.  Sad

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - Spudzspot - 2018-05-17

(2018-05-17, 10:32)guardianin Wrote: Thanks for adding me @tkislan but I cannot get it to work! I've performed all the steps listed. When I finally get to device discovery after account linking, it just shows me the Alexa webpage with a black screen. Also, Video is not showing up under Music Video & Books. I have changed the language to Eng UK.

The same thing is happening with me.  My Kodi says connected but Alexa goes to a black page in the device discovery.

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - Robl1966 - 2018-05-18

Am I correct to think that this skill only controls your own library and not other "things"?

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - tkislan - 2018-05-18

(2018-05-18, 09:50)Robl1966 Wrote: Am I correct to think that this skill only controls your own library and not other "things"?
Correct. Although it should be possible to extend it, but I don't have that much free time now anymore.

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - ashraf.anuar88 - 2018-05-22

Just wana thank @tkislan for this awesome alexa skill and for adding me into the beta test. Installation and setup was seamless and although i havent extensively tested the skill, the basic functions work really well like asking alexa to play a movie, pause, stop etc, which is pretty much all i need actually. Once again, thanks!

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - josh4trunks - 2018-05-22

So this addon work well for me after a bootup / reboot. But I always seem to get "Cannot connect to Kodi Video" when i try to use this after waking my kodi computer from suspend. Is this a known issue? I can try providing a log if that would help debug my issue.

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - tkislan - 2018-05-23

(2018-05-22, 23:56)josh4trunks Wrote: So this addon work well for me after a bootup / reboot. But I always seem to get "Cannot connect to Kodi Video" when i try to use this after waking my kodi computer from suspend. Is this a known issue? I can try providing a log if that would help debug my issue.
I've never tested it with suspending, but the Addon tries to reconnect every 20 seconds after it disconnects.
Debug logs would definitely help here.