Kodi Community Forum
Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=327562)

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - hslansky - 2018-10-06

(2018-10-01, 13:18)hslansky Wrote:
(2018-10-01, 08:14)tkislan Wrote: @hslansky Could you please try this new version of the addon?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6m5e9hunsihbi3/plugin.video.kodiconnect-0.1.22.zip?dl=1

Away on business till Friday so I won’t be able to test till then.   
I just installed the latest beta skill, since the previous one expired, as well the 0.1.22 version of kodiconnect and so far the connect/disconnect issue seems to be resolved.  I will keep an eye on it over the next few days and let you now my findings.

BTW, when did the skill name change from "Kodi" to "Unofficial Kodi"?  Until today my skill name was Kodi.

Thanks for all the work on this great skill!! It is a wonderful addition to Kodi.

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - chakratos - 2018-10-06

Hello, the skill just dissapeared from my account.
Could you please add me again?

E-Mail: [email protected]

Thank you very much

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - ebonzl - 2018-10-06

Hi Tkislan,

Many thanks for adding me - works as well as expected. When I say that, I mean the add-on works absolutely fine, Alexa's understanding of what I want has good days and bad days as with all skills  Smile

It stays connected when I am running Kodi no problem. I do get the problem where I cannot link to specific devices, it just fails and says no devices - exactly as other have mentioned. However it just seems to work anyway, luckily I only have one instance of Kodi and do not need to tie it to individual echo devices.

Great software, so much easier to implement than the hosted version.

Kind regards,

Ian.

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - tratzum - 2018-10-07

Tkislan,

Thank you for adding me and giving me the change to try this out. It is surprisingly easy to control KODI.
Recently I have noticed that the Alexa skill will not enable showing (There was a problem enabling the skill. Please try again later.) error.
The addon in KODI randomly connects and disconnects.

Thanks again.

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - Macpatto - 2018-10-08

Hey Bud!!.. Your skill disappeared from my skills alexa account..  Anything that should be aware of? Did you finish the skill for good?
It worked good when I had it two weeks ago.
Thanks in advance.

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - Macpatto - 2018-10-08

@tkislan  Hey Bud!!.. Your skill disappeared from my skills alexa account..  Anything that should be aware of? Did you finish the skill for good?
It worked good when I had it two weeks ago.
Thanks in advance.

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - michaelsage - 2018-10-08

Thank you for letting me join the beta! I have set it up on two of my kodi devices and while it worked the first couple of goes it doesn't appear to work any more Alexa simple says "I was unable to find any devices with the name ****". When I look in the Alexa app on my phone it shows no linked devices. I am at home on Wednesday so I will have a proper read of the thread and do some testing then. Thanks for all your work. Smile

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - youaremyhell - 2018-10-08

Hi Tomas,

Like others above, the skill has just disappeared from my account and when I try following the original link you sent it says I don't have access.

Could you please add me again?

E-Mail: [email protected]

Cheers!

Paul

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - russco - 2018-10-09

Yeah the skill disappeared for me too, and now in Kodi I just get Kodi Connect Connected/Disconnected continuously.

I really hope you're going to keep going with this though, it's awesome, and I'd gladly pay a premium for it. Smile

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - tkislan - 2018-10-09

(2018-10-06, 02:43)hslansky Wrote:
(2018-10-01, 13:18)hslansky Wrote:
(2018-10-01, 08:14)tkislan Wrote: @hslansky Could you please try this new version of the addon?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6m5e9hunsihbi3/plugin.video.kodiconnect-0.1.22.zip?dl=1

Away on business till Friday so I won’t be able to test till then.    
I just installed the latest beta skill, since the previous one expired, as well the 0.1.22 version of kodiconnect and so far the connect/disconnect issue seems to be resolved.  I will keep an eye on it over the next few days and let you now my findings.

BTW, when did the skill name change from "Kodi" to "Unofficial Kodi"?  Until today my skill name was Kodi.

Thanks for all the work on this great skill!! It is a wonderful addition to Kodi. 
I had to rename it in order to get it certified, as I don't own a Kodi trademark, and don't have any (yet) agreement with the Kodi developers

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - tkislan - 2018-10-09

Also, the issue that some people are experiencing, that there are no linked devices displayed after linking Kodi to Echo device is most likely an Alexa app bug, because I've just realized, that I don't see any devices there either, but everything continues to work as before.

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - russco - 2018-10-09

@tkislan  I tried the newest version - 0.1.22 - and all I'm getting is Alexa saying:
Quote:"Getting *movie* from provider. Sorry, provider is having trouble."

When I visit the skill link, I get:
Quote:Your Amazon account does not have access to this Skills Beta Testing skill. Please contact the Skills Beta Testing administrator to gain access.

Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - Hudson_Hawk04 - 2018-10-09

I was finally able to get it working by completely deleting my library and scanning the library back in with Kodi Connect running with my credentials, otherwise it would check other providers like prime video first.

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - tjay260476 - 2018-10-09

Thanks sooo much for this skill, hope it gets certified, as it is freaking awesome to say to a room:

Computer, start movie night, (lights dim, TV and amp switch on)

Computer, play movie Deadpool (movie plays)

Once we have follow up here in the UK, it will be more fantastic!

I have done this in two rooms, unfortunately one routine is called 'movie' night and the other 'film'....and yes, I have said the wrong sentence before now! (DOH!)

The fact that this uses the native video AVS makes it more seamless.

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - LuckyTNT - 2018-10-09

This skill worked great in beta. Great job Tomas.
I run into problem as well as some others I see. Whatever I try to play now I get answer from alexa: "I cannot do that on provider."
Kodi connect list my devices as before but I tryed adding it once again if there was problem when updating addon. I updated kodi addon to 0.1.22 as well as generating new secret and adding it in configuration.
I checked my skills in Alexa app and Kodi video is gone. I found on forum that name was changed but when I try to find it under new name I don't get any results.
Do I need new invite or am I searching in wrong place?

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.