Kodi Community Forum
Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=327562)

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - sattoy - 2018-11-21

Can you invite me please tkislan  [email protected]

thanks

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - AriannaMicrochip - 2018-11-21

Hello!
Is this skill only in beta?
I would test it!
Works in Italian?

my address is: ariannaATariannamicrochip.it

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - tabun - 2018-11-22

@tkislan 

Thank you so much for adding me to the Skill Beta. I managed to get a secret key, download the add-on zip file, load the add-on, connect Kodi to the Kodi Connect Server, Enable the skill, give permission...

...And then at the last step, it finds my Kodi instance I set up and I select it, then it gives me a list of My Alexa Apps, This Device and My Echo Dot. I choose My Echo Dot and then it shows:

LINKED DEVICES

There are currently no linked devices.

instead of a linked successful message. SOOOO close! What did I do wrong?

Edit: I finally made it through all previous 47 pages and noticed others had this issue too. I updated my Kodi Connect to 1.22 (I originally had v1.17 from GitHub) and it made no difference. It still won't show any devices linked. I tried some commands to my Echo like, "Echo, play John Wick," and it said it was available from Kodi Test or Provider and asked which one, but when I said Kodi Test, it didn't work. After that, it never asked about Kodi Test again. It was always a problem with the provider. Is it possible it didn't install correctly or that v1.17 set up something wrong before I installed v1.22? Besides uninstalling the Add-On in Kodi, what config files do I need to delete in the Kodi/Kodi Add Ons directory to start over fresh? (If you think that would even help)

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - nonootje - 2018-11-22

Tyvm @tkislan

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - Sweed - 2018-11-22

Hi, can you add me again please.

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - truecraze25 - 2018-11-22

Hi, 
Can you please add my email also for the skill? [email protected] It would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - nonootje - 2018-11-23

@tkislan I just wanted to say I succesfully linked kodi and alexa. Working as advertied Big Grin
Any news on certification yet ?

For those having trouble getting this working: Don't forget to add your kodi device to the connect server and configure the kodi addon (emal/secret)

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - HomeTek - 2018-11-23

I registered my email on Kodi Connect Server and got secret, set up Kodi Connect Addon with email and secret successfully. Kodi connects with Kodi Connect Server
When I went to Alexa set up realized that Kodi skills not available in Canada. Any idea when skills will be available in Canada or what I can do to achieve getting this up and running?

Cheers

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - Felx - 2018-11-23

@tkislan This is Felix, can you please add me. This is my email: [email protected]
Thanks

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - raw2002 - 2018-11-24

Hello,

Can you please add my email too? [email protected] . Thank you so much!

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - truecraze25 - 2018-11-24

Thank you so much @tkislan

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - mcelliott - 2018-11-24

I'd love to test this.

m.c.elliott (AT) btinternet.com

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - AriannaMicrochip - 2018-11-24

@tkislan ...ran away? Tongue

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - lazlow77 - 2018-11-24

Hi @tkislan

Can you add my email please, I'd love to try out your skill

DM me and I'll send it you.

Many Thanks

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - paladinpizza - 2018-11-24

@tkislan 

I sent your an email direct, as forums rules don't allow me to PM until I've posted 10 times or more, and I'm not a fan of publicly posting my email Smile  Thank you in advance.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.