Kodi Community Forum
Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=327562)

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - Freiberger1971 - 2018-02-20

hello tkislan

Thanks for adding my email address.
I have an OSMC Vero 4K here. On that I could set everything up, and also connect with the Echo Dot 2. How do I set German language and which commands can I use?

Thank you

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - tkislan - 2018-02-20

(2018-02-20, 10:20)Freiberger1971 Wrote: hello tkislan

Thanks for adding my email address.
I have an OSMC Vero 4K here. On that I could set everything up, and also connect with the Echo Dot 2. How do I set German language and which commands can I use?

Thank you
Hey, 
Language used depends on your Amazon/Alexa settings.
Available commands can be found here:
https://github.com/kodi-connect/kodi-alexa-video#working-features

hey

okay, I have everything set in the app. I also read that in your link. But can you give me the orders the way you translated them? For example like in alexa.utterances:

CurrentPlayItemInquiry welcher Song wird gerade gespielt
CurrentPlayItemInquiry welcher Song gerade gespielt wird
CurrentPlayItemInquiry welcher Song ist das
CurrentPlayItemInquiry welcher Song das ist
CurrentPlayItemInquiry welche Folge läuft gerade
CurrentPlayItemInquiry welche Folge läuft
CurrentPlayItemInquiry welcher Folge ist das die gerade läuft
CurrentPlayItemInquiry welcher Folge ist das 
CurrentPlayItemInquiry welcher Film läuft gerade
CurrentPlayItemInquiry welcher Film ist das
CurrentPlayItemInquiry welcher Film das ist
CurrentPlayItemInquiry was läuft gerade
CurrentPlayItemInquiry was das ist
CurrentPlayItemInquiry wie der Film heisst
CurrentPlayItemInquiry wie heisst der Film
CurrentPlayItemInquiry welche Serie gerade läuft
CurrentPlayItemInquiry welche Serie das ist
CurrentPlayItemInquiry welche Serie läuft

This skill works completely differently. I don't specify any utterances by hand.
This part is handled by Alexa herself, to ensure seamless integration between different services.
The skill just reports which interfaces Kodi supports, e.g. Searching and playing, controlling playback, controlling volume, etc.

I understand, thanks

I have now tested, and so far everything works fine.

Is the skill only for movies? Or for music? Movies can be called, but no music.

(2018-02-20, 20:23)Freiberger1971 Wrote: Is the skill only for movies? Or for music? Movies can be called, but no music.
No music. It's only for the video, meaning Movies, TV shows, and eventually TV channels.

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - hslansky - 2018-02-20

Help!  All of a sudden when I ask a Alexa to play a movie from Kodi, such as "Alexa, play The Big Sleep" I am getting a response of:  "Your spotify account doesn't support streaming on this device".  This has been working and just stopped working today.  I am not sure what might have changed and I don't know where else to look.  I have checked:
  • 1) Kodi skill in Alexa is enabled and linked to the correct Echo Dot
  • 2) Kodi connect has successfully started in Kodi
  • 3) no error messages in the Kodi log.
  • 4) Running version 0.1.8 of the Kodi Connect add-on

Any direction would be appreciated.

(2018-02-20, 22:38)hslansky Wrote: Help!  All of a sudden when I ask a Alexa to play a movie from Kodi, such as "Alexa, play The Big Sleep" I am getting a response of:  "Your spotify account doesn't support streaming on this device".  This has been working and just stopped working today.  I am not sure what might have changed and I don't know where else to look.  I have checked:

Can you try "Alexa, play movie The Big Sleep" ?
If that won't help, I would try to unlink the device, and go through discovery and linking again

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - hslansky - 2018-02-20

(2018-02-20, 22:59)tkislan Wrote:
(2018-02-20, 22:38)hslansky Wrote: Help!  All of a sudden when I ask a Alexa to play a movie from Kodi, such as "Alexa, play The Big Sleep" I am getting a response of:  "Your spotify account doesn't support streaming on this device".  This has been working and just stopped working today.  I am not sure what might have changed and I don't know where else to look.  I have checked:

If that won't help, I would try to unlink the device, and go through discovery and linking again   
So this is interesting.  I tried "Alexa, play movie The Big Sleep" as you suggested and that worked. Since then commands like "Alexa, play The Big Sleep" are working as well.  No idea why, just reporting back.

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - tkislan - 2018-02-21

(2018-02-20, 23:09)hslansky Wrote:
(2018-02-20, 22:59)tkislan Wrote:

So this is interesting.  I tried "Alexa, play movie The Big Sleep" as you suggested and that worked. Since then commands like "Alexa, play The Big Sleep" are working as well.  No idea why, just reporting back. 
This is related to Alexa herself. Unfortunately I can't do much about this, because Alexa guesses context out of request, and then decides which service to forward it to.

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - goaluf - 2018-02-22

I've emailed you to become a beta tester. Thank you so much for sharing the skill! /Josef

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - goaluf - 2018-02-23

Thanks for adding me. I got the skill working, and it is pretty awesome :-) Are there any way to play the latest episode of a show, without saying "play show episode xx?" I couldn't find it in the documented available voice commands.

Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - tkislan - 2018-02-23

(2018-02-23, 18:12)goaluf Wrote: Thanks for adding me. I got the skill working, and it is pretty awesome :-) Are there any way to play the latest episode of a show, without saying "play show episode xx?" I couldn't find it in the documented available voice commands.

It plays the latest episode by default (if you don’t specify any)
Will add that into Readme

RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - vickster69 - 2018-02-28

Hi Could you please add me thanks?
Also can I ask why there is no information when I access the tutorial page?

Cheers Vic