Kodi Community Forum
v18 Compilations & Leia (OSX) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Music Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=263)
+--- Thread: v18 Compilations & Leia (OSX) (/showthread.php?tid=328432)

Pages: 1 2

Compilations & Leia (OSX) - nesys - 2018-02-12

Hi folks,

it seems COMPILATIONS is not working. I've all my music tagged with MB IDs, and compilations with "PARTOFCOMPILATION" and "COMPILATION" set to "1". That perfectly works with v17, but seems not working with v18.

kodi-20180210-42b3effd-master-x86_64.dmg

Can you please confirm?

Thanks
Andrea

RE: Compilations & Leia (OSX) - DaveBlake - 2018-02-12

Compilations in v18 works as expected for me.

I need more information from you.  What do you mean by "seems not working", what are you trying and what do you see?
If you have tagged using Picard can you also give me the Musicbrainz link for some example albums that you are having the issue with (I can tell from that how the files will be tagged).

RE: Compilations & Leia (OSX) - nesys - 2018-02-12

my mistake for sure .... but ...

https://musicbrainz.org/release/116375c0-5f6e-469b-9f0e-6296ad758585

this is a Compilation, no doubts Smile 

1. album name is non-empty, and the songs have different artists
2. all tracks are tagged as part of compilation (PARTOFACOMPILATION=1); also COMPILATION=1 has been added
3. Various Artists

I can see in Compilations in iTunes ... but if I select compilations in Kodi, I see nothing (no albums at all, and I have 600+ albums in my collection, 14 for sure are Compilations)

also from the list I can't see "Compilations" any more (if was there in v17, right?)

RE: Compilations & Leia (OSX) - DaveBlake - 2018-02-12

Can you switch to Estuary the defualt skin please, that or Confluence, and see if you can see the compliations. The skin you are using may not have kept up with changes in v18 yet.  What skin is that BTW, I am no use at regcognising them (sorry skinners).

What library nodes you see can be changed either by the user (I'll assume that you haven't), or by the skin. You remember correctly "Compilations" is one of the default library nodes in v17, and still same in v18.  A bit bemused that you have a Compliations screenshot, all be it empty, but no compliations node in the final screenshot. So how did you get there? Reasonably sure this will all be a skin related issue.

RE: Compilations & Leia (OSX) - jjd-uk - 2018-02-12

(2018-02-12, 18:20)DaveBlake Wrote: Can you switch to Estuary the defualt skin please, that or Confluenece, and see if you can see the compliations. The skin you are using may not have kept up with changes in v18 yet.  What skin is that BTW, I am no use at regcognising them (sorry skinners).

It looks like Rapier to me.

RE: Compilations & Leia (OSX) - nesys - 2018-02-12

(2018-02-12, 18:20)DaveBlake Wrote: Can you switch to Estuary the defualt skin please, that or Confluence, and see if you can see the compliations. The skin you are using may not have kept up with changes in v18 yet.  What skin is that BTW, I am no use at regcognising them (sorry skinners).

What library nodes you see can be changed either by the user (I'll assume that you haven't), or by the skin. You remember correctly "Compilations" is one of the default library nodes in v17, and still same in v18.  A bit bemused that you have a Compliations screenshot, all be it empty, but no compliations node in the final screenshot. So how did you get there? Reasonably sure this will all be a skin related issue.
 Hi,

Yes, it's Rapier. But either in Rapier or Estuary I don't have the "Compilations" category.

In Rapier I see a workaround to see the "Compilations" category, but the list is still empty

Smile
Strange, isn't it? Smile

RE: Compilations & Leia (OSX) - DaveBlake - 2018-02-13

Right, so for starters the compilations node is missing. That means that something or someone has changed/created your music library node hierarchy. See https://kodi.wiki/view/Audio_nodes

What you see listed as music library menu items (= nodes) can be customised. The default setting has a Compilations node, but by creating a userdata/library/music folder (and a skin could have done that) you can completely reconfigure what nodes are displayed. This can be done manually, but there is also the library node editor addon that does this. Please chack if you have such a folder and what is in it.

To restore the default nodes either delete the userdata/library/music folder, or copy the default layout from system/library/music.

I don't know what Rapier is doing, it could have hard coded menus built in. What I am interested in is getting things working in Estuary, with the nightlies you use other skins at your own risk because they may not be up to date.

RE: Compilations & Leia (OSX) - nesys - 2018-02-13

well,

actually the node exists already. I've seen via editor, but also checking /userdata/library/music

text is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="10" type="folder" visible="Library.HasContent(Compilations)">
    <label>521</label>
    <icon>DefaultMusicCompilations.png</icon>
    <path>musicdb://compilations/</path>
</node>

all permissions are ok.

mmmm Smile

RE: Compilations & Leia (OSX) - jjd-uk - 2018-02-13

The node is only shown if the database holds something flagged as a compilation, that is what the visible="Library.HasContent(Compilations)" does, since it doesn't appear at all that would suggest nothing is the database is identified as a compilation.

Btw, have you been customing the nodes? as if you haven't then there's no need for anything to be in /userdata/library/music so should be completely empty, try moving anything in there to a backup folder somewhere else on you pc.

OK, so different approach....
From the screenshot your tagging looks fine.
I had best check your database, see if that tells me anything. Can you upload your MyMusic70.db somewhere and then PM me with a link (you have enough posts I think to be able to do that).

Are the compilation albums appearing under the albums node, or as albums by "Various Artists" when that is selected as artist on the artists node?

(2018-02-13, 14:58)DaveBlake Wrote: Can you upload your MyMusic70.db somewhere and then PM me with a link (you have enough posts I think to be able to do that).

@nesys further to this if you have any problems sending a PM to Dave then add the link in a new post here, then immediately edit the post to remove the link so it doesn't remain publicly visible, however those of us with forum moderator powers on the forum can see the edit history of the post from which we can get the link.

RE: Compilations & Leia (OSX) - nesys - 2018-02-13

is this the correct file?

What is the difference between MyMusic70 and MyMusic60?

thanks

Andrea

edit: not able to send PM, here the link

Got the files thanks. The PM limit must be higher these days, but the edit trick works.
Quote:What is the difference between MyMusic70 and MyMusic60?

Different versions of Kodi can have different db file versions, 60 is from Krypton, 70 is current Leia but may be higher by final release.

I can see immediately thata there are no compilations in the db, so not seeing the node makes sense, but not sure yet why that is the case. I'll do some digging and be back with questions.

@nesys do you have the "Prefer online information" setting enabled? See settings>media>music menu