Kodi Community Forum
Release Aura - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Aura (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=295)
+----- Thread: Release Aura (/showthread.php?tid=328558)

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2019-02-22

(2019-02-22, 08:44)Turnspit Wrote:
(2019-02-22, 08:33)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-02-22, 08:26)Turnspit Wrote:  
Music concerts are not music videos.

Concerts should be added as films and then use library nodes to separate them from your other films
https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_concerts 
 Wow, thanks for the quick reply! :-)

Just gave the page a quick read... That's a tad more complicated than what I've done (just imported my concerts as music videos with local .nfo-files, art, ...), but I'll give it a try!

And I guess Aura will be capable to link such a node to a homescreen item, right? :-)
Yeah any added node should show up in the skin shortcuts management dialog (home customisation dialog)

It sounds complex but really all you do is add your concerts folder as a movies source, scrape everything and then create a node (which is essentially a smart playlist) which filters based upon source folder. Then you edit the main movies node to filter out your concerts from your films by excluding that same folder.

The node editor addon makes it pretty easy to do.

RE: Aura - traab - 2019-02-22

(2019-02-21, 22:42)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-02-21, 13:30)traab Wrote: First of all, the Aura Skin is really a very nice Skin. Thank you!

I have a few questions.

1. In my collection overview is also "no information" but i have the skin helper from the marcelveldt's beta repository like its mentioed on the first page.

2. I used the fuse neue Skin in the former kodi version and loved the possibility that i could change the language in pause/option mode with one klick. Maybe it's possible to insert this feature to the player?

3. I love the feature in idle mode, that the itmes are rolling and so you can idle in the film section and the films rolls by.

4. It would be awesome if the player shows in pausemode also the Endtime and not only how may time gone by and how long the movie is.

Maybe i have overseen some preferences.

I'm not sure why 1 is happening. Do you have the correct api keys added as per instructions on first post? Do you have internet access?

2. It's coming soon. Smile

3. It doesn't really work in aura due to having multiple widgets

4. Pressing info will show end time. 
Thank you very much for your reply!

1. I overseen that API thing. Did insert it now and it worked! Thank you very much!

2. YEAH! Very cool!

3. Oh, that's a pitty. I really love this feature, so i could watch ideling and got new suggestions what i should watch.

4. Maybe i have something wrong adjusted. (If i have something wrong adjusted, i dont know where.) But it looks like this:

Aura - joostzilla - 2019-02-22

I am using Aura on 17.6 for a long time now and before I upgrade to 18 i was wondering if there is a way to restore the Aura settings.

RE: Aura - traab - 2019-02-22

(2019-02-22, 14:58)joostzilla Wrote: I am using Aura on 17.6 for a long time now and before I upgrade to 18 i was wondering if there is a way to restore the Aura settings.
 In my Kodi there is an Option for BackUp/Restore the Skin Settings.

RE: Aura - Turnspit - 2019-02-22

(2019-02-22, 10:26)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-02-22, 08:44)Turnspit Wrote:
(2019-02-22, 08:33)jurialmunkey Wrote: Music concerts are not music videos.

Concerts should be added as films and then use library nodes to separate them from your other films
https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_concerts 
 Wow, thanks for the quick reply! :-)

Just gave the page a quick read... That's a tad more complicated than what I've done (just imported my concerts as music videos with local .nfo-files, art, ...), but I'll give it a try!

And I guess Aura will be capable to link such a node to a homescreen item, right? :-)   
Yeah any added node should show up in the skin shortcuts management dialog (home customisation dialog)

It sounds complex but really all you do is add your concerts folder as a movies source, scrape everything and then create a node (which is essentially a smart playlist) which filters based upon source folder. Then you edit the main movies node to filter out your concerts from your films by excluding that same folder.

Okay, so adding the concert node and directing to it via main menu worked like a charm, looks great now!

Removing concerts from the movies via node editing does not work though, having everything done like in the tutorial and having tested out some more stuff... which is a bummer... :-(

EDIT:
Still didn't get removing concerts from the movies to work, so as I workaround I just created another node as a reverse version of the concert node, excluding the concerts. Works so far!

Oh... And I didn't find a way to access the nodes menu via Aura, is this menu item missing? Had to switch to Estuary to access it and edit stuff.

RE: Aura - joostzilla - 2019-02-22

(2019-02-22, 15:04)traab Wrote:
(2019-02-22, 14:58)joostzilla Wrote: I am using Aura on 17.6 for a long time now and before I upgrade to 18 i was wondering if there is a way to restore the Aura settings.
Yes, i am aware of this and have a backup of my current Kodi 17.6 Aura skin.
But will it work between the two versions since so much has changed in the GUI engine?

RE: Aura - fastdriver - 2019-02-22

Hey awesome skin you really did an amazing job on this one!
I have a problem/question: The osd shows the rating of the show not the rating of the playing episode, is this intended or am I doing something wrong?

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2019-02-23

(2019-02-22, 16:52)joostzilla Wrote:
(2019-02-22, 15:04)traab Wrote:
But will it work between the two versions since so much has changed in the GUI engine?

It should work fine. The backup saves skinshortcuts config and skin settings.

If you want to be extra careful, backup skinshortcuts and aura addon_data folders from Kodi's userdata folder.

However, as long as you're *not* doing a clean install, none of this is really necessary as kodi should keep all your skinsettings

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2019-02-23

(2019-02-22, 15:57)Turnspit Wrote:
(2019-02-22, 10:26)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-02-22, 08:44)Turnspit Wrote:  Wow, thanks for the quick reply! :-)

Okay, so adding the concert node and directing to it via main menu worked like a charm, looks great now!

Removing concerts from the movies via node editing does not work though, having everything done like in the tutorial and having tested out some more stuff... which is a bummer... :-(

EDIT:
Still didn't get removing concerts from the movies to work, so as I workaround I just created another node as a reverse version of the concert node, excluding the concerts. Works so far!

Oh... And I didn't find a way to access the nodes menu via Aura, is this menu item missing? Had to switch to Estuary to access it and edit stuff.
Hmm that's strange you couldn't remove them from the default node - but yeah, a custom node will work fine too.

There isn't a top menu shortcut for node editor in Aura, but you should be able to access the node editor from
My Addons > Programs
(or just Programs if you have a direct shortcut to it in your home menu)

RE: Aura - nuwonda - 2019-02-23

(2019-02-21, 22:34)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-02-20, 20:00)nuwonda Wrote: it's from within where you enter e.g. album title then artist name. if the scraper doesn't find any match you end up on the album title entry screen again with no way to get out. The "back" button doesn't work and just keeps erasing letters. I might be missing the obvious or maybe my key mappings are screwed up.
Oh, on the on-screen keyboard you mean? 
Yeah, it's stuck in endless loop there since you can't get back out of it, so you constantly iterate between title/artist input and the scraper just keeps failing with no way out from the on screen keyboard input screen.

RE: Aura - peat - 2019-02-23

Just recently discovered this awesome skin. Working on a german translation atm. if someone is interested.

RE: Aura - Blurayx - 2019-02-23

(2019-02-19, 21:48)Karellen Wrote: There is a glitch with how the kodi.tv site reads the add-on list. Being fixed (soon hopefully), along with the duplicate results.
 The glitch has been fixed  Smile

RE: Aura - djoole - 2019-02-23

(2019-02-22, 13:24)traab Wrote:
(2019-02-21, 22:42)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-02-21, 13:30)traab Wrote: First of all, the Aura Skin is really a very nice Skin. Thank you!

I have a few questions.

1. In my collection overview is also "no information" but i have the skin helper from the marcelveldt's beta repository like its mentioed on the first page.

2. I used the fuse neue Skin in the former kodi version and loved the possibility that i could change the language in pause/option mode with one klick. Maybe it's possible to insert this feature to the player?

3. I love the feature in idle mode, that the itmes are rolling and so you can idle in the film section and the films rolls by.

4. It would be awesome if the player shows in pausemode also the Endtime and not only how may time gone by and how long the movie is.

Maybe i have overseen some preferences.

I'm not sure why 1 is happening. Do you have the correct api keys added as per instructions on first post? Do you have internet access?

2. It's coming soon. Smile

3. It doesn't really work in aura due to having multiple widgets

4. Pressing info will show end time.  
4. Maybe i have something wrong adjusted. (If i have something wrong adjusted, i dont know where.) But it looks like this:
 You can find a workaround here : https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=328558&pid=2824438#pid2824438
Provided that you're using a remote without "info" button... and I think it's the case Smile

RE: Aura - wumpscutter - 2019-02-23

Just found this great skin after the Leia Titan beta failed me. Very impressive skin indeed.

I've just been setting up a basic layout and wondered if there is a way to change the poster sizes - I've looked all over and can see the viewmode setting under Library that may be what I want but I cant find a way to bring the viewmode menu up when setting up a widget ie. If I was setting up Movies with some widgets under it I'd like to specify the poster size for the widgets.

RE: Aura - joostzilla - 2019-02-23

(2019-02-23, 00:38)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-02-22, 16:52)joostzilla Wrote:
(2019-02-22, 15:04)traab Wrote:  In my Kodi there is an Option for BackUp/Restore the Skin Settings.

It should work fine. The backup saves skinshortcuts config and skin settings.

If you want to be extra careful, backup skinshortcuts and aura addon_data folders from Kodi's userdata folder.

However, as long as you're *not* doing a clean install, none of this is really necessary as kodi should keep all your skinsettings
Thanks for the info Jurialmunkey.
Currently I am using the DSPlayer 17.6 version of Kodi. So an upgrade would be a clean one I am afraid.