Kodi Community Forum
Release Aura - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Aura (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=295)
+----- Thread: Release Aura (/showthread.php?tid=328558)

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2019-02-23

(2019-02-23, 12:28)wumpscutter Wrote: Just found this great skin after the Leia Titan beta failed me. Very impressive skin indeed.

I've just been setting up a basic layout and wondered if there is a way to change the poster sizes - I've looked all over and can see the viewmode setting under Library that may be what I want but I cant find a way to bring the viewmode menu up when setting up a widget ie. If I was setting up Movies with some widgets under it I'd like to specify the poster size for the widgets.

You can't change the size of the posters for widgets. However, you can change the aspect ratio of the widgets (i.e. between poster, square, landscape). In the widget setup screen, move right to click the icon that looks like a picture frame.

RE: Aura - joostzilla - 2019-02-23

(2019-02-23, 00:38)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-02-22, 16:52)joostzilla Wrote:
(2019-02-22, 15:04)traab Wrote:  In my Kodi there is an Option for BackUp/Restore the Skin Settings.
Yes, i am aware of this and have a backup of my current Kodi 17.6 Aura skin.
But will it work between the two versions since so much has changed in the GUI engine?

It should work fine. The backup saves skinshortcuts config and skin settings.

If you want to be extra careful, backup skinshortcuts and aura addon_data folders from Kodi's userdata folder.

However, as long as you're *not* doing a clean install, none of this is really necessary as kodi should keep all your skinsettings
Worked great. Thanks. I just could upgrade from Kodi DSPlayer :-)

Btw. I was wondering where the images you use in the skin are. Like 'vignette_full' etc?

RE: Aura - djoole - 2019-02-23

Hi @jurialmunkey, is there a way to place the home menu at the bottom?
What is the option "force default menu position" for?

Would it be possible to add in the info shortcuts a shortcut to display fanart in full screen? In Fuse it was possible even in home view by pressing down several times.

RE: Aura - maverick1960 - 2019-02-23

In the home screen while displaying movies in my library through a widget is there a possibility that the widget shows the ratings of that particular movie also (IMDB, rotten tomatoes, meta critic)

RE: Aura - Turnspit - 2019-02-23

After testing al the extra addons, I couldnt recreate the laggyness... So I guess it mustve been due to something else, unrelated to the skin itself.

One thing that keeps on bugging me:
Moving the mouse to the right most side on the homescreen, there appears a small blue bar all over the right side, seemingly functionless. It deactivates the possibility to navigate the menu using the arrow keys though, until ive moved my mouse to another location. Is this intended?

RE: Aura - Tired Dad - 2019-02-23

@jurialmunkey Hi, I have a feature add request, if possible.  When using multiple profiles and choosing "log off", the default skin tells you what the current profile is (e.g. "Log off Master User") in the pop up menu.  In your skin, the user name is not there.  When I am in testing mode, sometimes it is useful to know which profile I am working with.  Is it possible to add the username to the pop up menu?

Thanks,

TD

(2019-02-23, 16:54)joostzilla Wrote:
(2019-02-23, 00:38)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-02-22, 16:52)joostzilla Wrote: Yes, i am aware of this and have a backup of my current Kodi 17.6 Aura skin.
But will it work between the two versions since so much has changed in the GUI engine?

It should work fine. The backup saves skinshortcuts config and skin settings.

If you want to be extra careful, backup skinshortcuts and aura addon_data folders from Kodi's userdata folder.

However, as long as you're *not* doing a clean install, none of this is really necessary as kodi should keep all your skinsettings
Worked great. Thanks. I just could upgrade from Kodi DSPlayer :-)

Btw. I was wondering where the images you use in the skin are. Like 'vignette_full' etc?
Excellent!

If you installed from repo, the textures are compressed into a textures.xbt which improves performance. You need to install github version to have them as images.

(2019-02-23, 17:29)djoole Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey, is there a way to place the home menu at the bottom?

Would it be possible to add in the info shortcuts a shortcut to display fanart in full screen? In Fuse it was possible even in home view by pressing down several times.

No, way too much work to have an option for menu at bottom.

Force position will force the home screen to focus that position in the menu when it opens. e.g. If you have menus for Movies, TvShows, Music, Settings - force position 1 will make the home menu focus the Tvshows tab whenever going back to the home screen (arrays start at 0, so 0 is the first item).

There's an option in Skin Settings > Miscellaneous > Pressing Up from top menu shows fanart / plot.
In library views, pressing up shows fanart. In info dialog, it shows plot.

(2019-02-23, 18:12)maverick1960 Wrote: In the home screen while displaying movies in my library through a widget is there a possibility that the widget shows the ratings of that particular movie also (IMDB, rotten tomatoes, meta critic)

Press info.

(2019-02-23, 19:13)Turnspit Wrote: After testing al the extra addons, I couldnt recreate the laggyness... So I guess it mustve been due to something else, unrelated to the skin itself.

One thing that keeps on bugging me:
Moving the mouse to the right most side on the homescreen, there appears a small blue bar all over the right side, seemingly functionless. It deactivates the possibility to navigate the menu using the arrow keys though, until ive moved my mouse to another location. Is this intended?

It's a scrollbar to scroll vertically through the widgets with the mouse because the scrollwheel will move through the widgets horizontally.

(2019-02-23, 21:26)Tired Dad Wrote: @jurialmunkey Hi, I have a feature add request, if possible.  When using multiple profiles and choosing "log off", the default skin tells you what the current profile is (e.g. "Log off Master User") in the pop up menu.  In your skin, the user name is not there.  When I am in testing mode, sometimes it is useful to know which profile I am working with.  Is it possible to add the username to the pop up menu?

Thanks,

TD

In the customisation menu, add $INFO[System.ProfileName] to the label where you want the profile name to show.
Here's a list of System infolabels that can be useful: https://kodi.wiki/view/Skinning_Manual#System_2

(2019-02-23, 22:57)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-02-23, 17:29)djoole Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey, is there a way to place the home menu at the bottom?

No, way too much work to have an option for menu at bottom.

Force position will force the home screen to focus that position in the menu when it opens. e.g. If you have menus for Movies, TvShows, Music, Settings - force position 1 will make the home menu focus the Tvshows tab whenever going back to the home screen (arrays start at 0, so 0 is the first item).

There's an option in Skin Settings > Miscellaneous > Pressing Up from top menu shows fanart / plot.
In library views, pressing up shows fanart. In info dialog, it shows plot. 
Thanks for explanation and no problem for the bottom menu.
 Ah, I've got this option activated but as I use the "poster wall" view I can't get to the top menu from any film/series (but the ones on the left side) so i can't show the fanart.
A shortcut from the Info toolbar to display fanart fullscreen (and maybe extrafanarts too) would be really cool though.

@jurialmunkey, I've did how explained on the OP to get RT ratings (installed skin helper beta, set omdb API key, removed simplecache.db) but I just have the stars (TDMB ratings i presume) and IMDB and TVDB ratings.
I can't find anything relevant in the logs which would help me to find out what is the problem. Any idea?

EDIT : It works in movie library (Oscars, RT, and other stuff displayed). I've just realised that omdb is for movies only, so if RT ratings are retrieved via omdb it's normal that it's not displayed for serie. A pity though.. if there is any way to have RT ratings for series I would really like that.

RE: Aura - bluenote - 2019-02-23

I hesitate to bring up such a small suggestion, but filtering items by watched status in widgets would be handy. Blame the fact this skin is so good that this is the type of niggles come up Smile

(2019-02-23, 23:26)bluenote Wrote: I hesitate to bring up such a small suggestion, but filtering items by watched status in widgets would be handy. Blame the fact this skin is so good that this is the type of niggles come up Smile
You can do that by using a smartplaylist for your widget. That way you can do any filtering you want in widgets.

@jurialmunkey, is there a way to have country codes for available languages and subtitles in info view, instead of colored flags? I would like to have only white flags in this screen Smile
https://imgur.com/a/xRLYOgS