Kodi Community Forum
Release Aura - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Aura (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=295)
+----- Thread: Release Aura (/showthread.php?tid=328558)

RE: Aura - tryfos79 - 2019-09-12

(2019-09-12, 01:22)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-09-11, 16:07)tryfos79 Wrote: I've entered both OMDB and TMDB keys in the skin helper. I'm not interested in fanart. I refresh a movie and again only IMDB rating and icon. If it matters, the video library gets the movies from Samba folder. It's just does not want to work. Could you please tell me which version of the beta repo skin helper do you install? It says 1.1.24 and the default is 1.1.30 if I remember correctly. Should I also update all other dependencies from the same beta repo?

Yes, you need to update all dependencies to their highest version. Clearly you need to update the dependencies from the beta repo, otherwise it wouldn't be a step in the instructions! In particular, you need to be using the latest versions of metadatautils and simplecache, as these are core dependencies of skinhelper which actually provide the ratings (metadatautils) and cache them (simplecache).

SkinHelper in kodi repo is only 1.1.3 - the beta version is a much higher version at 1.1.24 (there is no 1.1.30 version - the highest version is the beta 1.1.24).
Simplecache should be 1.1.17
Metadatautils should be 1.0.19

(2019-09-11, 16:07)tryfos79 Wrote: I can't understand why the skin does not just use the options of the scraper, at least in the info of the movie.

I've already covered this point multiple times before:
1. You can't get scraped ratings outside the info dialog.
2. It is confusing if the skin switches between using online ratings from skin helper and scraped ratings when switching from library views to info dialog as the ratings often change between when they were scraped and the present.
3. Using code which falls-back to scraped ratings only if no online ratings are available causes the skin to crash
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=328558&pid=2708645#pid2708645

So,after 100 trials and errors,I managed to get it working.I think there are 2 steps missing from the tutorial posted way back: a)All dependencies of the skin helper should be updated. It must not be assumed that everyone has 'automatic updates' switched on. b) Most importantly the ratings settings in the UMS must be completely checked off,so as not to interfere with those of the skin helper. As soon as I checked those off, things began working. There is no mention of this anywhere. This is very confusing,since UMS also has a field for OMDB key etc. These fields,perhaps apart from IMDB,should be left unchecked.
I think it would be user friendlier, if all these could be moved in a separate,identifiable options menu under skin settings.
The skin is generally highly customisable and beautiful!

RE: Aura - ZefXyde - 2019-09-12

(2019-09-12, 02:43)tryfos79 Wrote:   
Where did you find this "Universal Metadata Scraper"? It's not in the official kodi repo. The closest thing I could find is "Universal Movie Scraper", except I don't see where that asks for your OMDb API key.

Did you get "Universal Metadata Scraper" from some other repo? If so, that might be your problem. Kodi and these forums are not responsible nor provide support for bugs/issues regarding unsupported add-ons.

RE: Aura - AbRASiON - 2019-09-12

Sorry to bug and bump - but does anyone know if I can do basic widget scrolling in Aura?   or am I barking up the wrong tree.

Just want to slowly and gently scroll the 'new additions' widgets, since it'll only display 3 on the screen for me at a time.

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2019-09-12

(2019-09-12, 01:22)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-09-11, 16:07)tryfos79 Wrote: I've entered both OMDB and TMDB keys in the skin helper. I'm not interested in fanart. I refresh a movie and again only IMDB rating and icon. If it matters, the video library gets the movies from Samba folder. It's just does not want to work. Could you please tell me which version of the beta repo skin helper do you install? It says 1.1.24 and the default is 1.1.30 if I remember correctly. Should I also update all other dependencies from the same beta repo?

Yes, you need to update all dependencies to their highest version. Clearly you need to update the dependencies from the beta repo, otherwise it wouldn't be a step in the instructions! In particular, you need to be using the latest versions of metadatautils and simplecache, as these are core dependencies of skinhelper which actually provide the ratings (metadatautils) and cache them (simplecache).

SkinHelper in kodi repo is only 1.1.3 - the beta version is a much higher version at 1.1.24 (there is no 1.1.30 version - the highest version is the beta 1.1.24).

(2019-09-11, 16:07)tryfos79 Wrote: I can't understand why the skin does not just use the options of the scraper, at least in the info of the movie.

2. It is confusing if the skin switches between using online ratings from skin helper and scraped ratings when switching from library views to info dialog as the ratings often change between when they were scraped and the present.
3. Using code which falls-back to scraped ratings only if no online ratings are available causes the skin to crash

So,after 100 trials and errors,I managed to get it working.I think there are 2 steps missing from the tutorial posted way back: a)All dependencies of the skin helper should be updated. It must not be assumed that everyone has 'automatic updates' switched on. b) Most importantly the ratings settings in the UMS must be completely checked off,so as not to interfere with those of the skin helper. As soon as I checked those off, things began working. There is no mention of this anywhere. This is very confusing,since UMS also has a field for OMDB key etc. These fields,perhaps apart from IMDB,should be left unchecked.
I think it would be user friendlier, if all these could be moved in a separate,identifiable options menu under skin settings.
Works fine for me with an api key added to universal media scraper. More likely a coincidence that skin helper ratings populated at the same time as you disabled those settings - I cant see anywhere in skinhelper code that references universal media scraper.

Also, you can already edit the settings for metadatautils from the manage dependencies section of the skin settings - that's the whole purpose of why I have that section. It isn't possible to change individual settings in an addon directly from the skin and there are very good security reasons why such is not possible.

RE: Aura - tryfos79 - 2019-09-12

(2019-09-12, 05:51)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-09-12, 01:22)jurialmunkey Wrote: Yes, you need to update all dependencies to their highest version. Clearly you need to update the dependencies from the beta repo, otherwise it wouldn't be a step in the instructions! In particular, you need to be using the latest versions of metadatautils and simplecache, as these are core dependencies of skinhelper which actually provide the ratings (metadatautils) and cache them (simplecache).

Works fine for me with an api key added to universal media scraper. More likely a coincidence that skin helper ratings populated at the same time as you disabled those settings - I cant see anywhere in skinhelper code that references universal media scraper.

Also, you can already edit the settings for metadatautils from the manage dependencies section of the skin settings - that's the whole purpose of why I have that section. It isn't possible to change individual settings in an addon directly from the skin and there are very good security reasons why such is not possible. 

Ok, noted. One last question (please don't think that it's nitpicking): Regarding the IMDB number of votes shown, I see a discrepancy between the skin helper and the actual number of votes at the site. For example as we speak for the movie Godzilla: King of Monsters, IMDB shows 82.207 votes, whereas the skin helper shows 75.573. How are these figures updated? When I went in the info of the movie for a brief moment is showed only IMDB and the correct number of votes (82.207) and when everything was populated it went to 75.573. I tried refreshing and again the same.
How do we control how often are the ratings updated in the skin?

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2019-09-13

(2019-09-12, 10:40)tryfos79 Wrote:
(2019-09-12, 05:51)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-09-12, 02:43)tryfos79 Wrote: So,after 100 trials and errors,I managed to get it working.I think there are 2 steps missing from the tutorial posted way back: a)All dependencies of the skin helper should be updated. It must not be assumed that everyone has 'automatic updates' switched on. b) Most importantly the ratings settings in the UMS must be completely checked off,so as not to interfere with those of the skin helper. As soon as I checked those off, things began working. There is no mention of this anywhere. This is very confusing,since UMS also has a field for OMDB key etc. These fields,perhaps apart from IMDB,should be left unchecked.

Ok, noted. One last question (please don't think that it's nitpicking): Regarding the IMDB number of votes shown, I see a discrepancy between the skin helper and the actual number of votes at the site. For example as we speak for the movie Godzilla: King of Monsters, IMDB shows 82.207 votes, whereas the skin helper shows 75.573. How are these figures updated? When I went in the info of the movie for a brief moment is showed only IMDB and the correct number of votes (82.207) and when everything was populated it went to 75.573. I tried refreshing and again the same.

Ratings come from OMDb API. It returns the following basic info for Godzilla King of the Monsters:
json:

{"Title":"Godzilla: King of the Monsters","Year":"2019","Rated":"PG-13","Released":"31 May 2019","Runtime":"132 min","Genre":"Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Sci-Fi","Director":"Michael Dougherty","Writer":"Michael Dougherty (screenplay by), Zach Shields (screenplay by), Max Borenstein (story by), Michael Dougherty (story by), Zach Shields (story by)","Actors":"Kyle Chandler, Vera Farmiga, Millie Bobby Brown, Ken Watanabe","Plot":"The crypto-zoological agency Monarch faces off against a battery of god-sized monsters, including the mighty Godzilla, who collides with Mothra, Rodan, and his ultimate nemesis, the three-headed King Ghidorah.","Language":"English, Japanese, Chinese","Country":"USA, Japan","Awards":"N/A","Poster":"https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BOGFjYWNkMTMtMTg1ZC00Y2I4LTg0ZTYtN2ZlMzI4MGQwNzg4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_SX300.jpg","Ratings":[{"Source":"Internet Movie Database","Value":"6.2/10"},{"Source":"Rotten Tomatoes","Value":"41%"},{"Source":"Metacritic","Value":"48/100"}],"Metascore":"48","imdbRating":"6.2","imdbVotes":"75,573","imdbID":"tt3741700","Type":"movie","DVD":"06 Aug 2019","BoxOffice":"N/A","Production":"Warner Bros. Pictures","Website":"http://GodzillaMovie.com","Response":"True"}

As you can see OMDb has "imdbVotes":"75,573"

IMDb does not have a public API, so there is no way to access it data directly other than webpage scrapers which are prone to breaking. This is why skin helper uses OMDb because OMDb collects data from multiple other websites.

RE: Aura - tryfos79 - 2019-09-13

(2019-09-13, 00:29)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-09-12, 10:40)tryfos79 Wrote:
(2019-09-12, 05:51)jurialmunkey Wrote: Works fine for me with an api key added to universal media scraper. More likely a coincidence that skin helper ratings populated at the same time as you disabled those settings - I cant see anywhere in skinhelper code that references universal media scraper.

Ratings come from OMDb API. It returns the following basic info for Godzilla King of the Monsters:
json:

{"Title":"Godzilla: King of the Monsters","Year":"2019","Rated":"PG-13","Released":"31 May 2019","Runtime":"132 min","Genre":"Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Sci-Fi","Director":"Michael Dougherty","Writer":"Michael Dougherty (screenplay by), Zach Shields (screenplay by), Max Borenstein (story by), Michael Dougherty (story by), Zach Shields (story by)","Actors":"Kyle Chandler, Vera Farmiga, Millie Bobby Brown, Ken Watanabe","Plot":"The crypto-zoological agency Monarch faces off against a battery of god-sized monsters, including the mighty Godzilla, who collides with Mothra, Rodan, and his ultimate nemesis, the three-headed King Ghidorah.","Language":"English, Japanese, Chinese","Country":"USA, Japan","Awards":"N/A","Poster":"https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BOGFjYWNkMTMtMTg1ZC00Y2I4LTg0ZTYtN2ZlMzI4MGQwNzg4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_SX300.jpg","Ratings":[{"Source":"Internet Movie Database","Value":"6.2/10"},{"Source":"Rotten Tomatoes","Value":"41%"},{"Source":"Metacritic","Value":"48/100"}],"Metascore":"48","imdbRating":"6.2","imdbVotes":"75,573","imdbID":"tt3741700","Type":"movie","DVD":"06 Aug 2019","BoxOffice":"N/A","Production":"Warner Bros. Pictures","Website":"http://GodzillaMovie.com","Response":"True"}

IMDb does not have a public API, so there is no way to access it data directly other than webpage scrapers which are prone to breaking. This is why skin helper uses OMDb because OMDb collects data from multiple other websites.

Ok, I understand now, so it all depends on OMDB refreshing its data, I suspect no one knows how often. But how come the universal movie scraper displays the correct IMDB votes, if it also does not use an IMDB key? This can be verified, if the skin helper is deactivated and instead UMS set for scraping. Thank you one again!

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2019-09-13

(2019-09-13, 11:22)tryfos79 Wrote:
(2019-09-13, 00:29)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-09-12, 10:40)tryfos79 Wrote: Ok, noted. One last question (please don't think that it's nitpicking): Regarding the IMDB number of votes shown, I see a discrepancy between the skin helper and the actual number of votes at the site. For example as we speak for the movie Godzilla: King of Monsters, IMDB shows 82.207 votes, whereas the skin helper shows 75.573. How are these figures updated? When I went in the info of the movie for a brief moment is showed only IMDB and the correct number of votes (82.207) and when everything was populated it went to 75.573. I tried refreshing and again the same.

json:

Ok, I understand now, so it all depends on OMDB refreshing its data, I suspect no one knows how often. But how come the universal movie scraper displays the correct IMDB votes, if it also does not use an IMDB key? This can be verified, if the skin helper is deactivated and instead UMS set for scraping. Thank you one again!

Yeah im not sure how often OMDB refreshes.

I would expect that UMS scrapes the movie webpage directly from imdb and the UMS maintainer then has to update the addon whenever imdb makes changes to their page layouts.

RE: Aura - tryfos79 - 2019-09-14

(2019-09-13, 12:00)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-09-13, 11:22)tryfos79 Wrote:
(2019-09-13, 00:29)jurialmunkey Wrote: Ratings come from OMDb API. It returns the following basic info for Godzilla King of the Monsters:
json:

Yeah im not sure how often OMDB refreshes.

I would expect that UMS scrapes the movie webpage directly from imdb and the UMS maintainer then has to update the addon whenever imdb makes changes to their page layouts.

A change in layout, which would be what, every 4-5 years let's say? Wouldn't that scraping be a more straightforward and always updated way? It also negates the necessity of API keys, settings etc. I'm being just curious.

RE: Aura - hoppingcrow - 2019-09-15

Hi again. I can't stop tinkering with this skin and let me start by saying it is just awesome! I finally figured out how to get all the ratings working properly and I'm loving it. There's a few wish-list type things that I'd like to suggest though. Feel free to totally shrug all of this off though if any of it is ridiculously impractical or anything like that. I'm not at all familiar with how much time any of this would take and I'm already very grateful for all the work you've done thus far. Anyway...

1. Is it possible to include writer/director information along with genre/plot and ratings for movies in the Showcase view-mode?
2. Any way to show media flags as well as ratings in Showcase view instead of either/or?
3. Any chance for a smaller poster option in Showcase? Currently it shows 7 titles per page. Would love it if there was an option to make it show 10 or 12 by shrinking the poster slightly.
4. Could there be an option for making pressing "up" from the top menu go straight to the information page for a title instead of just the show fanart/plot option? Would be great to be able to get to info with a single button push on my remote instead of having to open the context menu.
5. Any way to have the selection box in Showcase be positioned in the middle of the page on the screen instead of on the left end of it? Years of Confluence trained my eyes to always be looking to center, lol.
6. Lastly, any way that the local file location can be displayed anywhere in the information window? Can't seem to see any way of telling where the file actually is (drive/folder) on my PC.

Again, thank you so much for all you've done with this skin. My only remaining questions is, do you have any kind of Patreon or even just a PayPal account that I could donate something to? I feel like I owe you a beer at least for this skin. Thanks again for anything you can help out with and for all you've already done.

RE: Aura - hoppingcrow - 2019-09-15

(2019-09-15, 05:00)hoppingcrow Wrote: Hi again. I can't stop tinkering with this skin and let me start by saying it is just awesome! I finally figured out how to get all the ratings working properly and I'm loving it. There's a few wish-list type things that I'd like to suggest though. Feel free to totally shrug all of this off though if any of it is ridiculously impractical or anything like that. I'm not at all familiar with how much time any of this would take and I'm already very grateful for all the work you've done thus far. Anyway...

1. Is it possible to include writer/director information along with genre/plot and ratings for movies in the Showcase view-mode?
2. Any way to show media flags as well as ratings in Showcase view instead of either/or?
3. Any chance for a smaller poster option in Showcase? Currently it shows 7 titles per page. Would love it if there was an option to make it show 10 or 12 by shrinking the poster slightly.
4. Could there be an option for making pressing "up" from the top menu go straight to the information page for a title instead of just the show fanart/plot option? Would be great to be able to get to info with a single button push on my remote instead of having to open the context menu.
5. Any way to have the selection box in Showcase be positioned in the middle of the page on the screen instead of on the left end of it? Years of Confluence trained my eyes to always be looking to center, lol.
6. Lastly, any way that the local file location can be displayed anywhere in the information window? Can't seem to see any way of telling where the file actually is (drive/folder) on my PC.

Again, thank you so much for all you've done with this skin. My only remaining questions is, do you have any kind of Patreon or even just a PayPal account that I could donate something to? I feel like I owe you a beer at least for this skin. Thanks again for anything you can help out with and for all you've already done.
Sorry. Please ignore #6 Just realized the file path is listed under the normal information window. I had "extended information" turned on by default.

RE: Aura - Ricks - 2019-09-17

Apologies if this has been answered but it's a hard one to search for so nothing is coming up when I search (forums, google etc).

I have the following behaviour and wondering if it's a config issue or not:

If I have a number of nodes, (Movies, Shows, Live TV) and view an item via a widget under one of those nodes, on completion of playback it reverts to the homescreen but the focus skips to the next node.

E.G. if I select a show episode via a homescreen widget, when that episode finishes it will go back to my homescreen and the "Live TV" node is selected rather than remaining on "Shows"

RE: Aura - _novalis - 2019-09-17

I have this problem too.
Additionally sometimes I cannot move anymore in any direction. Especially if I stop a PVR channel. Only thing that works is the power menu. I have added 'refresh skin' to the power menu. After that the skins behavior is back to normal.

RE: Aura - prateek33 - 2019-09-27

@jurialmunkey My have multiple widgets.. all the widgets from video addons (with or without trakt enabled) dont show the watched indicators on the home screen but when I open the plugin, it shows there.
I added widget for library movies (non plugin) and they show the watched indicators as expected on the homescreen. I talked to multiple plugin authors and they all told me it has something to do with the skin. I tried a different skin and it worked perfectly there. Please help. I have been struggling with this for over a year. I love AURA.

RE: Aura - Jake404 - 2019-09-28

When I watch PVR, it doesn't show the season and episode numbers if the episode name is available. Can this be added? (see screenshots: https://ibb.co/DDkd9T6 https://ibb.co/k3kyHDm)

Is there a way to lessen the dark gradient behind the video OSD?

Is there a way to show remaining time in the video OSD?

I noticed some extra symbols where they shouldn't be. In the video OSD it shows an extra pipe symbol before the date (see the above screenshot). And in the EPG program info dialog, there is an extra parenthesis after the channel name. (see screenshot: https://ibb.co/GtPttFv)