Kodi Community Forum
Release Aura - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Aura (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=295)
+----- Thread: Release Aura (/showthread.php?tid=328558)

RE: Aura - bitzie - 2020-09-13

Is there a limit to the number of submenu categories? Under Movies I like to use categories for genres. I currently have 12, but would like to add at least one more and I can't seem to find how to add it.

RE: Aura - celimhanifi - 2020-09-14

@jurialmunkey
I just love that skin !
The color cycling, fully customisable and easily ! No bad thing to say ! Thank you for that ! šŸ˜Œ
Some suggestions: do you intend to translate it ? I don't know why it's not fully translated, there are some things in my language, others in English ...
And is it possible to display movies titles with a clear logo or clear art in movies title list ? instead of basic font
Thank you again !

RE: Aura - teamrocket - 2020-09-23

Hi Everyone!

I discovered the skin 3 days ago and I must praise jurialmonkey for the awesomeness Smile
Is there any documentation or does anyone willing to explain some unfamiliar terms like Spotlight & Hubs & My Lists. Like, what it does and how do you utilize it to the most? (e.g : make it works as the screenshot)

RE: Aura - inihendrix - 2020-10-11

I absolutely love the customization, simplicity, and overall look of Aura! I literally registered an account just to give you props!

And I have (hopefully) one question:

How do I add IMDB/TVDB/TMDB/Rotten Tomatoes/etc. ratings to the home screen widgets?

There is a YouTube video that executes this task exactly:

https://youtu.be/dda6ZQCp7FA

I believe I have all of my APIs set, and I have ratings working perfectly in all other areas of the skin, I just don't know how to add it to the home screen widgets.

RE: Aura - Karellen - 2020-10-11

(2020-10-11, 08:23)inihendrix Wrote: ow do I add IMDB/TVDB/TMDB/Rotten Tomatoes/etc.
Forget about TVDB ratings. TVDB dropped ratings over a year ago, and whatever is currently there are stale and outdated. There are no ratings for new shows.

(2020-10-11, 08:45)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-10-11, 08:23)inihendrix Wrote: ow do I add IMDB/TVDB/TMDB/Rotten Tomatoes/etc.
Forget about TVDB ratings. TVDB dropped ratings over a year ago, and whatever is currently there are stale and outdated. There are no ratings for new shows.

I understand about TVDB (thanks for the heads up) - I've got all the other APIs and I'm really wondering how I can get ratings next to the title in the home screen widgets. I've got them in the other libraries, as well as in the now playing options. I can get them play just fine in all other areas, but I cannot get the ratings to show up in that one particular area, although I know it's possible from the video.

RE: Aura - Karellen - 2020-10-11

Sorry, I don't know. The skinner or other users will have to jump in to answer your question.

(2020-10-11, 09:10)Karellen Wrote: Sorry, I don't know. The skinner or other users will have to jump in to answer your question.

Thank you man I appreciate the effort. I'm not sure how complex it is, but the fact that it's possible is what intrigues me lol.

RE: Aura - Edworld - 2020-10-13

(2020-10-11, 08:45)Karellen Wrote:
I remember reading this before but could not find the post about dropping the ratings, I like having ratings...

RE: Aura - Karellen - 2020-10-13

(2020-10-13, 04:13)Edworld Wrote: but could not find the post about dropping the ratings
It's gone. It was on the tvdb forum in the v3 release sub-forum, but admins hid that forum from public view, so the hundreds of threads that were there are no longer accessible.

Anyway go to the tvdb site and try to cast a vote on your favourite show. Even better try scraping a show released in the last 6 months and see if you get any ratings.

No idea if it is brought back some time in the future, but losing a years worth of ratings seems to be a bit crazy if there is intention of bringing it back.

You would be better off making IMDB your default ratings in the scraper and use Light IMDB add-on to scrape IMDB ratings for your existing library if you don't have them.

RE: Aura - bluetomsguy - 2020-10-17

Any idea why the rating such as imdb/TMDB showing up slowly in widget in comparison with directly from the addon?

RE: Aura - Shaboobala - 2020-10-18

I have been trying to figure out a way to set my movie sets to a certain view that is different then the main movie view. I can successfully make all the sets the same view if I use the lock button when I am within the set but this also changes the main view of all of the movies. I tried changing the main view afterward but that changes all of the movie sets back to the main movie view style. I then repeated this processes but unchecked the lock function before changing the main view type but it resulted in the same issue. I was doing some digging around and it seems that Skin helper service supports forced view for movie sets and I believe this skin implements that service. The other thing i noticed was the lock screen for movies set just says movies instead of movie sets. I can manually change movie sets for individual sets but that process could take a while to do one by one. Is there a was to do this without having to change everything manually?

RE: Aura - hejman - 2020-10-19

(2020-07-13, 23:41)Shaboobala Wrote: did you ever find a solution to this. I am having the same issue with errors
Ā 
(2019-04-04, 09:27)tomasiek Wrote: Is it possible to delay the start of widgets when running the kodi? I have a widget for the netflix plugin, leading to my list. This widget runs before the netflix service runs in the background, causing a netflix plugin error (including the need to log back in to the plugin) . Is it possible to delay loading the widget by eg 1 minute? I use the dafault widget: widgets - (new) - Addon - Video addons - Netflix....
I reported this problem on the issuetracker, but no reply.
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.aura/issues/80

RE: Aura - LDBaha - 2020-10-26

Hi all!

First time posting this. I made an account to first give thanks to the dev of the Aura skin cause I am in love with that thing - it's freaking awesome.

I've been using it for the past year and it was all great butĀ for some reason an issue came up.

I have created different menus for 'Movies' 'TV' 'Documentaries' 'Anime' 'Kids movies'. On these tabs I created widgets and selected 'video > source' and would select a different folder (network folder) as a source.
It works fine and I can see the movies/videos from those specific sources but they are not loading any thumbnails.

TL;DR: widgets are pulling from the source but not showing thumbnails, when video widgets > source> is selected.

Is there a better way to do this? I just want to have my movies split in these categories. Maybe there's a another way

RE: Aura - FXB78 - 2020-10-26

(2020-10-26, 15:58)LDBaha Wrote: Hi all!

First time posting this. I made an account to first give thanks to the dev of the Aura skin cause I am in love with that thing - it's freaking awesome.

I've been using it for the past year and it was all great butĀ for some reason an issue came up.

I have created different menus for 'Movies' 'TV' 'Documentaries' 'Anime' 'Kids movies'. On these tabs I created widgets and selected 'video > source' and would select a different folder (network folder) as a source.
It works fine and I can see the movies/videos from those specific sources but they are not loading any thumbnails.

TL;DR: widgets are pulling from the source but not showing thumbnails, when video widgets > source> is selected.

Is there a better way to do this? I just want to have my movies split in these categories. Maybe there's a another way
It's probably not a skin-related issue but actually related to this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=357709 I believe updating to Kodi 18.9 would fix the issue, but if you read the thread it should give you all the info you need.