Kodi Community Forum
Release Aura - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Aura (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=295)
+----- Thread: Release Aura (/showthread.php?tid=328558)

RE: Aura - Hardax - 2018-03-20

Bought you a cup of coffee! Thanks for being so responsive to suggested changes!

Here’s another small usability feature I miss coming from other skins. If I only use one widget on a home screen item, it just has one horizontally scrolling row with a lot of empty space below it. Would it be possible to have it so you could have a widget fill the screen vertically when using just one? I think Titan can do this now if I recall correctly?

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2018-03-21

Global Search is now skinned on the Leia branch

https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.aura/tree/Leia

(2018-03-20, 20:04)Hardax Wrote:
(2018-03-20, 01:55)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Hardax - Can you try latest git and see if that puts the season/episode in default format for PVR info on fullscreen? I can't test as I don't have a working PVR.
The default menu position has been added. Skin Settings > Force default menu position (kodi starts position numbers at 0, so subtract one for the position you want).
That did the trick @jurialmunkey.

I know you don't have PVR on your end but is there any way for the progress indicator to show when you are time shifting when watching live TV? Not sure if you know what I mean but on something like a TIVO you can look at the progress bar and it shows that you are not watching in real time, it indicates that you are watching back in the buffer.

I remember seeing discussion of this somewhere else in the forums so that might be a general Kodi request and not skin specific though.

Thanks again! This is turning into my all time favorite skin!

I'm really not sure about the progress indicator. When I did have a working PVR it definitely wasn't implemented, but I think there has been some changes since then.
Is it implemented in Estuary? Because that is what will tell you if it is currently possible. If it is working in Estuary, let me know and I will look into whether I can implement it in the skin.

There will be a large widget option coming eventually, I just haven't got around to it yet.

Showcase of some "hidden" features

Just wanted to showcase some features that I've added that people might not be aware of.

Skin Settings > Effects > Gradients on backing panels
(This adds a gradient effect to the panel backing of items)

There are also a few colour schemes in Settings > Interface > Skin > Colours (use expert setting level to see)
Light Opaque adds a light opaque backing panel:

Dark Glass makes the backing panels a dark transparent colour:

There is also "Simple" colour scheme which removes the thin white border around items.
The "Dark Dialogs" scheme switches dialogs to a dark style.

RE: Aura - Blurayx - 2018-03-21

@jurialmunkey

I want to add fullscreen to my music submenu(home screen) where do a locate it or do I have to add a command line?

Thanks

(2018-03-21, 06:54)Blurayx Wrote: @jurialmunkey
I want to add fullscreen to my music submenu(home screen) where do a locate it or do I have to add a command line?
Thanks

You will need to add it as a custom command.
Select "Action" and scroll down to "Custom Item >"
Then enter:
Code:
Fullscreen

RE: Aura - MitchZombie - 2018-03-21

Nice Leia Support!!!
I really like the light opaque backing panels, They really pop on the big screen.

I noticed a small problem with AEL and Leia. When hovering over the back button it shows the last highlighted games metadata and fanart. 
Some images https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aq_z4NEr_CWlgZUgVAvXzes8xzIKnQ

Edit- It seems it fixed it self Smile

RE: Aura - User 55003 - 2018-03-21

This Skin is looking really good! Default Skin good!
Maybe kill a few dep's and your there.  Undecided
Anyway good luck with this. Top Job!  Cool

RE: Aura - Silki - 2018-03-21

"Global Search is now skinned on the Leia branch"

Great .. does that mean Krypton inst getting skinned though ?

RE: Aura - Hardax - 2018-03-21

(2018-03-21, 03:34)jurialmunkey Wrote: I'm really not sure about the progress indicator. When I did have a working PVR it definitely wasn't implemented, but I think there has been some changes since then.
Is it implemented in Estuary? Because that is what will tell you if it is currently possible. If it is working in Estuary, let me know and I will look into whether I can implement it in the skin.

There will be a large widget option coming eventually, I just haven't got around to it yet. 
Nope. Estuary does not indicate when you are timeshiftimg. Like I said I know it was discussed at some point in general Kodi discussions but wasnt sure if it was a skinning thing or not. No biggie.

Here's another usability thing while in PVR mode. Can you add a next up sort of dialog somewhere? Most other skins show this info somewhere either as text near the progress bar or as a pop up. Estuary has it as a selection when you are in the info screen. See attached.

(2018-03-21, 12:36)Silki Wrote: "Global Search is now skinned on the Leia branch"

Great .. does that mean Krypton inst getting skinned though ?

I won't be skinning Krypton global search. There were massive changes between krypton and Leia versions which means it is like skinning two completely separate addons - it is way too much work to do twice (and plus the krypton version is a pain to skin whereas the Leia version is much easier due to a number of improvements made by ronie)

RE: Aura - braz - 2018-03-21

@jurialmunkey Thanks for highlighting some of the skin features...I wasn't planning on changing, but ended up settling on the simple color scheme with gradient backgrounds. Looks great!

I have Global Search 8.04 installed, but for some reason the list doesn't load when I do a search. I get the categories at the top but that's it, haven't investigated too much yet. Also, the list in the Event Log window doesn't load for me on Leia.

Just checked the favorites dialog, looks like there is still about 2px of the third line of label text showing.

Thanks!

(2018-03-21, 22:19)braz Wrote: @jurialmunkey Thanks for highlighting some of the skin features...I wasn't planning on changing, but ended up settling on the simple color scheme with gradient backgrounds. Looks great!

I have Global Search 8.04 installed, but for some reason the list doesn't load when I do a search. I get the categories at the top but that's it, haven't investigated too much yet. Also, the list in the Event Log window doesn't load for me on Leia.

Just checked the favorites dialog, looks like there is still about 2px of the third line of label text showing.

Thanks!

I'm using Global Search 8.0.4 and it is working fine for me on Leia. I can't see why it wouldn't work Huh
Event Log is fixed. Looks like there were some changes for Leia that weren't documented in the Skinning Changes thread.
Can you check if favourites is now fixed? Hopefully should be.

RE: Aura - Hardax - 2018-03-21

@jurialmunkey could you also add season and episode info to the info pop up screen of regular local media? You did this per my request for the live tv section and just noticed that when playing locally stores media the info screen just shows the title. Season and episode number somewhere would be helpful.

RE: Aura - Blurayx - 2018-03-22

(2018-03-21, 07:53)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2018-03-21, 06:54)Blurayx Wrote: @jurialmunkey
Thanks

You will need to add it as a custom command.
Select "Action" and scroll down to "Custom Item >"
Then enter:
Code:
Fullscreen
Thanks  Smile