Kodi Community Forum
Release Aura - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Aura (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=295)
+----- Thread: Release Aura (/showthread.php?tid=328558)

RE: Aura - Zpower - 2018-05-03

I mean entry inside movies menu.

Arctic i press movies menu and the list appears immediately.
On aura press movies and about 5-10 seconds to display the list.

I don't think that is a widget problem [emoji848]
(2018-05-03, 01:42)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2018-05-03, 00:22)Zpower Wrote:
(2018-04-23, 16:35)Alexis67 Wrote: How fast items load has nothing to do with the skin. Loading speed is related to your disk/network/internet speed, the source where the widget comes from, and the number of widgets you use.

To list android apps you will need to enter a custom path in the home customisation dialog.
When selecting the widget path (spanner icon), scroll down and choose "Custom Item >" and enter the following:
Code:
androidapp://sources/apps/

When I spoke of slowness, it was comparison with the default skin or ArticZephir on mi AndroidBox (Beelink GT1)... in same condition

I have a another request... it's possible add an option to change the order of Widget ? it could be practical !

I experienced the same slowly aura vs arctic skin

Yeah, but how many widgets were you loading? Arctic only supports one widget per main menu item, whereas Aura has multiple widgets.

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2018-05-03

(2018-05-03, 07:30)Zpower Wrote: I mean entry inside movies menu.

Oh ok, that is strange. I don't experience any delay.
If you wouldn't mind answering a few questions so I can figure out what the issue is:
Is this going into Kodi library or an addon?
Does anything happen whilst you are waiting? (e.g. Does the busy loader come up? Does the screen stay on home or does it switch but is empty?)
Does it happen every time or only the first entering the menu?
Have you tried disabling unused viewtypes in Skin Settings > Library?
What is your hardware and what version of Kodi?
Could you get me a debug log of the delay? You can PM it to me if you don't want to post on the forum.

(2018-05-03, 10:11)jurialmunkey Wrote:

If you wouldn't mind answering a few questions so I can figure out what the issue is:
Does anything happen whilst you are waiting? (e.g. Does the busy loader come up? Does the screen stay on home or does it switch but is empty?)
Could you get me a debug log of the delay? You can PM it to me if you don't want to post on the forum. 
- Kodi Library

- No, just a black screen

- Yes, all the times. If entering/exit is just like first time entering.

- Yes. Disable poster wall, landscape wall, Banner wall and Love film.

- AmLogic 905x 3gb. 
- kszaq builds from LibreElec forum

http://ix.io/19jQ

RE: Aura - Arokhaerr - 2018-05-03

Im not familiar with the amlogic boxes and 905 boxes but on my pi3 the issue was resolved by changing to another storage away from the sd card.. maybe read/write speed issues?

Theres differences even on class10 sd cards which i realized later on.

Just throwing this thought in in case your amlogic box uses an sd card.

(2018-05-03, 17:59)Arokhaerr Wrote: Im not familiar with the amlogic boxes and 905 boxes but on my pi3 the issue was resolved by changing to another storage away from the sd card.. maybe read/write speed issues?

Theres differences even on class10 sd cards which i realized later on.

Just throwing this thought in in case your amlogic box uses an sd card.
I run kodi on nand (internal storage).
Not a speed memory problem nether netwrok speed.
If i use another skin this situation don't happen and im not the only one who detected this problem.

RE: Aura - b0mb - 2018-05-04

Is there a way to save the metadata from OMDB persistent?

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2018-05-05

(2018-05-03, 17:32)Zpower Wrote:
(2018-05-03, 10:11)jurialmunkey Wrote:

- Kodi Library

- AmLogic 905x 3gb. 

Thanks for the debug log.

Can you try disabling the Alphabet Strip in Skin Settings > Miscellaneous and see if that helps

(2018-05-04, 08:12)b0mb Wrote: Is there a way to save the metadata from OMDB persistent?

Skinhelper already caches the data.

Aura - b0mb - 2018-05-05

Hmmm...

After a restart all my data is lost and will be loaded again if I choose an item.

(2018-05-05, 06:59)b0mb Wrote: Hmmm...

After a restart all my data is lost and will be loaded again if I choose an item.

The delay is NOT because the data is lost and being downloaded again. If you don't have API keys for all the services in the metadatautils module then skin helper will enforce a delay to prevent excessive strain on the artwork API services (such as fanart.tv) -- this delay happens regardless of whether or not the data is cached. Really skin helper ought to check for cached data first before enforcing the delay, but that is up to marcelveldt to implement and he is currently very busy.

RE: Aura - b0mb - 2018-05-05

(2018-05-05, 12:21)jurialmunkey Wrote:

The delay is NOT because the data is lost and being downloaded again. If you don't have API keys for all the services in the metadatautils module then skin helper will enforce a delay to prevent excessive strain on the artwork API services (such as fanart.tv) -- this delay happens regardless of whether or not the data is cached. Really skin helper ought to check for cached data first before enforcing the delay, but that is up to marcelveldt to implement and he is currently very busy. 
my problem only belongs to OMDB where i have an api key added in kodi and i am a patron Wink

the only rating that is always present is the on from imdb

maybe its because i am using emby as media server for kodi....

(2018-05-05, 20:46)b0mb Wrote:
(2018-05-05, 12:21)jurialmunkey Wrote:

my problem only belongs to OMDB where i have an api key added in kodi and i am a patron Wink

the only rating that is always present is the on from imdb

maybe its because i am using emby as media server for kodi....

The imdb rating is taken from the library data whilst skin helper is loading.

The delay has NOTHING to do with emby. I already explained why the delay occurs. You need api keys for all the services Iin the metadatautils module. Otherwise Skin helper will apply a delay before displaying any info.

If you look in kodi.log you will see messages from skin helper saying it has applied a 4 second delay because you don't have an api key for one of the services - it doesn't matter what info is being loaded as skin helper applies this delay if any api key is missing.

You will need to get api keys for fanart.tv and themoviedb (tmdb), otherwise you will have delays.

RE: Aura - Zpower - 2018-05-06

(2018-05-05, 06:54)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2018-05-03, 17:32)Zpower Wrote:
(2018-05-03, 10:11)jurialmunkey Wrote: Oh ok, that is strange. I don't experience any delay.
- Kodi Library

- AmLogic 905x 3gb. 

Thanks for the debug log.

Can you try disabling the Alphabet Strip in Skin Settings > Miscellaneous and see if that helps
Disable alphabet strip don't produce any effect in that problem.

Don't worry about.
I can live with it Smile

Keep the good work
Cheers

RE: Aura - Blurayx - 2018-05-07

@jurialmunkey 

Alphabet strip is now working. Using the latest nightly Kodi 18 and Aura17(addon.xml & DialogAddonSettings).

RE: Aura - Zpower - 2018-05-07

(2018-05-07, 19:01)Blurayx Wrote: @jurialmunkey 

Alphabet strip is now working. Using the latest nightly Kodi 18 and Aura17(addon.xml & DialogAddonSettings).
I don't understand yet how alphabet strip works.
Can you explain?