Kodi Community Forum
Release Aura - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Aura (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=295)
+----- Thread: Release Aura (/showthread.php?tid=328558)

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2018-06-03

(2018-06-02, 10:06)benrita Wrote: I have added a category for CatchUp TV and have the tv icons as widgets. Those widgets show as posters which do not look good, can I change them to square icons ?
Thank youImage

In the widget setup dialog, click the 3rd icon (looks like a picture frame). This will change the artwork aspectratio. Change it to square.

(2018-06-02, 20:13)colbert Wrote:
(2018-05-31, 17:58)colbert Wrote: When I press Info on a movie and navigate down, there is By [Director], Similar, and other movies from the production company, then at the very bottom is Information. Is there any way I can remove all of those except Information? I would like to hit down to get to Information, and don't want any of the other sections.
 Just checking again Smile

See latest git. There is now an option in skin settings to enable/disable each of the info dialog lists.
"Skin Settings > Library > Enable / disable info dialog lists" (scroll down to see option).

(2018-06-02, 22:48)BigStrowman Wrote: I LOVE this skin, but I can't get my TV posters to show up. It looks they only show up if there's already a poster in the TV Shows folder. 

Posters show up on every other screen except the "TV Shows" screen. For example here's a show that won't display a poster in the TV view, but will in the extended info. 

I've tried all types of stuff like refreshing, deleting the library, even uninstalling Kodi entirely. Anyone got an idea how to fix this?

Do they show in Estuary?

(2018-06-02, 12:27)Eddie Strike Wrote: Just found out about this skin, love it so far. Smile

Is there a way to quickly port over all my menu shortcuts from Horizon to Aura?

If its on the same machine, they should just copy over automatically as that is what skin shortcuts does. Or do you mean widget setup? Because that isn't really possible.

(2018-06-02, 10:39)joro_abv Wrote: @jurialmunkey Isn't it time to move the skin into "production" mode ? I use it on day-to-day basis and it seems pretty complete and stable to me. The only annoyance is that it doesn't auto update from a repo and I have to check and download the updates manually. Using it on Leia nightlies, btw. and it's pretty stable and smooth with really minimal glitches here and there.

It's not ready for the repo yet. I still need to skin the new MyGames section for Leia.

(2018-06-01, 14:08)Saviera Wrote: Hello. I've been using Kodi for the last year and found so much useful tips in the forum, but this is my first post.

[b]jurialmunkey[/b], I wanted to thank you for such beautiful skins. I've stuck with Estuary for the past year, which I really like, but I was unhappy with it's lack of configuration possibilities. Then I came across your skins - just beautiful, and with so much to tinker with. I prefer vertical skins, but find Horizon a little heavy, so I'm using Aura which is taking some getting used to but is so much more responsive.

I was wondering if you are considering adding any more views to the library, like Big Icons in Arctic Zephyr. On my set up, or maybe it's just my poor eyesight. I find the size of the showcase posters a little small and the big posters too big. Also, I've read this thread, but I might have missed your answer as to whether you intend to add a vertical menu which would make this skin go from a 9 to a 10 for me.

In any event, thank you again for all the hard work you've put into this and your other skins. It is very much appreciated.

Thanks! Glad you like it Big Grin

Yeah, I have been thinking of some type of posters view that is a size in-between the big poster view and the showcase one. I've just been very busy with work lately so I haven't been making any big additions atm.

A vertical home menu is likely to be added in the future, but definitely no ETA on that as I want to get other aspects of the skin settled first.

(2018-06-02, 03:23)mumpleCrumple Wrote: Hey guys,
Been loving this skin, one issue I am having is the preview thumbnails in crunchyroll are showing fanart rather than a preview of the episode. Anybody know what is causing this or how I could begin fixing it. Cheers!

Does it work properly in Estuary?

Either the add-on is not setting the correct content type (Aura uses content type to decide whether to show fanart or thumb in landscape views), or the add-on does not pass through a thumb (you can check by comparing in Estuary).

(2018-06-03, 06:37)VikkiXavier Wrote: Sir, the actor images do not fit in the frame.

Actor images are all random sizes, so not a lot I can do about it. I was scaling the images previously, but some images almost square so the sides of the faces get cutoff when scaling.

RE: Aura - Saviera - 2018-06-03

Great to hear you'll be adding a vertical menu and maybe other views.  Will await them eagerly.

Also, I noticed that when video is paused it doesn't give the time when the video will finish, you have to use the info to see it. Any chance that could be added?

RE: Aura - benrita - 2018-06-03

(2018-06-03, 08:28)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2018-06-02, 10:06)benrita Wrote: I have added a category for CatchUp TV and have the tv icons as widgets. Those widgets show as posters which do not look good, can I change them to square icons ?
Thank youImage

In the widget setup dialog, click the 3rd icon (looks like a picture frame). This will change the artwork aspectratio. Change it to square. 
Thank you but only the widget title shows but not the image !!!
If I can get this to work your skin will be perfect for me. 

(2018-06-03, 10:55)benrita Wrote:
(2018-06-03, 08:28)jurialmunkey Wrote:
Thank youImage

What add-on are you using for the widget? I have australian tv addons from the aussieaddons repo but I don't get 7plus or tenplay.
Is the widget you are using from the add-on, or are you using some other addon to generate a list? (e.g. SuperFavourites or something like that).

(2018-06-03, 11:26)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2018-06-03, 10:55)benrita Wrote:
(2018-06-03, 08:28)jurialmunkey Wrote: In the widget setup dialog, click the 3rd icon (looks like a picture frame). This will change the artwork aspectratio. Change it to square. 

What add-on are you using for the widget? I have australian tv addons from the aussieaddons repo but I don't get 7plus or tenplay.
Is the widget you are using from the add-on, or are you using some other addon to generate a list? (e.g. SuperFavourites or something like that). 
The addons are from repo Aussie Add-ons (formerly XBMC CatchUpTV AU), I have had it for a while and do not update it.
I have added the tv channels to Favourites, added Favourites to main menu and renamed it CatchUp TV. Then used Favourites as widget. When I open the CatchUp TV home menu the 5 tv channels show correctly, that is as squares with title under.
Thank you for helping.

Edit - fixed it by changing from Favourites to Video Addons, all good now.
Thank you for your help and wonderful skin.

(2018-06-03, 11:48)benrita Wrote: The addons are from repo Aussie Add-ons (formerly XBMC CatchUpTV AU), I have had it for a while and do not update it.
I have added the tv channels to Favourites, added Favourites to main menu and renamed it CatchUp TV. Then used Favourites as widget. When I open the CatchUp TV home menu the 5 tv channels show correctly, that is as squares with title under.
Thank you for helping.

Thanks, this helped me a lot in figuring out the problem.

Can you try latest git version. Square widgets artwork should be fixed now.

(2018-06-03, 12:21)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2018-06-03, 11:48)benrita Wrote: The addons are from repo Aussie Add-ons (formerly XBMC CatchUpTV AU), I have had it for a while and do not update it.
Thank you for helping.

Thanks, this helped me a lot in figuring out the problem.

Can you try latest git version. Square widgets artwork should be fixed now. 
Can verify that you fixed it for using Favourites, square widgets Brilliant. Now best skin available. Thank you.