Kodi Community Forum
Release Aura - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Aura (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=295)
+----- Thread: Release Aura (/showthread.php?tid=328558)

RE: Aura - bbqbob - 2018-07-11

(2018-07-08, 06:08)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2018-07-08, 02:40)bbqbob Wrote: This is a very nice skin, but occasionally when it starts up the menu has Movies and TV Shows replaced with purple dashes.   Is there a conflict from re-use with another skin that may make them unable to co-exist?

Also, exiting Kodi takes much longer than with other skins.  I am not sure what it is doing.  It takes minutes, but it eventually exits.

Can you grab me a screenshot of the "purple dashes". Sounds very strange and I've never encountered anything like that.

Not sure why the exit would take longer. Unlikely to be anything to do with the skin directly, but might be one of the addons that the skin uses (e.g. SkinHelper or Colorbox). Wouldn't be able to tell without a debug log. 

I haven't been able to get the purple dashes again.  When this was happening, the name of the hub was empty in the settings.  I don't know how that happened.

Here is a debug log.  This time, exit didn't seem to take as long as the other times.  I posted it anyway in case you spot something.
debug log

This is another debug log.  It was the kodi.old.log.  I can't be sure, but I think it was when Aura took a long time to exit.  I've been trying new skins, so I'm not 100% sure that this was from Aura.
Debug log

Looking at the log, the delay might be from trying to access themoviedb.org.   I don't recall adding this add-on, but it might have come from some package or skin, perhaps Artwork Beef.  I don't know why this would be doing something on exit, and it only seems to happen with Aura.  Obviously, I should look into my own API key.

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2018-07-11

(2018-07-11, 01:29)bbqbob Wrote:
(2018-07-08, 06:08)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2018-07-08, 02:40)bbqbob Wrote: This is a very nice skin, but occasionally when it starts up the menu has Movies and TV Shows replaced with purple dashes.   Is there a conflict from re-use with another skin that may make them unable to co-exist?

Also, exiting Kodi takes much longer than with other skins.  I am not sure what it is doing.  It takes minutes, but it eventually exits.

Can you grab me a screenshot of the "purple dashes". Sounds very strange and I've never encountered anything like that.

Not sure why the exit would take longer. Unlikely to be anything to do with the skin directly, but might be one of the addons that the skin uses (e.g. SkinHelper or Colorbox). Wouldn't be able to tell without a debug log. 

I haven't been able to get the purple dashes again.  When this was happening, the name of the hub was empty in the settings.  I don't know how that happened.

Here is a debug log.  This time, exit didn't seem to take as long as the other times.  I posted it anyway in case you spot something.
debug log

This is another debug log.  It was the kodi.old.log.  I can't be sure, but I think it was when Aura took a long time to exit.  I've been trying new skins, so I'm not 100% sure that this was from Aura.
Debug log

Looking at the log, the delay might be from trying to access themoviedb.org.   I don't recall adding this add-on, but it might have come from some package or skin, perhaps Artwork Beef.  I don't know why this would be doing something on exit, and it only seems to happen with Aura.  Obviously, I should look into my own API key.

Re: Purple Dashes.
The skin uses the skinshortcuts addon to provide customisation options for the home menu. Skinshortcuts shares menu layouts between compatible skins. So it is possible that you installed another skin which changed your home menu layout.

EDIT: I can recreate the dashes by setting a label to a blank space. The dashes are the underline of the focused item. The focused item underline position is determined by comparing labels, so when it is blank it is matching with all the other menu positions which are unused.

Re: Logs and Exit.
Can't see anything much in the first log, but in the second one there is definitely a delay from an exception thrown in the SkinHelper addon (if you don't have a tmdb api key added in the metadatautils addon, then skin helper enforces a delay before it retrieves data from tmdb to avoid overloading the servers -- looks like you exited in the middle of the delay).

Aura uses SkinHelper if it is installed, but it isn't a forced dependency. However, many other skins do have SkinHelper as a dependency. So if you have been testing out skins, then it is highly likely that SkinHelper was automatically installed alongside one of them.

RE: Aura - benrita - 2018-07-11

I have loaded Libreelec on an amologic box and added the Aura skin for Kodi Kypton, it all works very well except I cannot bring up the osd in music to stop a song playing.
The remote doesn't have stop/pause/play buttons etc, when playing a movie or tv show I can press the OK button and it brings up the osd at the bottom and I can navigate to pause, play, stop, etc and press ok.
Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong.
Thank you

Aura - OOmatrixOO - 2018-07-11

Hi. With Aura I don't see my movie set posters and fanarts. With other skins (Estuary... ) I see this.

RE: Aura - mbshaw88 - 2018-07-11

For some reason I cant get the skin to install on my raspberry pi. I downloaded the Aura zip to my windows machine then copied it to my Pi via SSH. Install from zip file>Home folder>skin.aura-master.zip gives me a failed installation?
Pi 3 B+
LibreELEC 8.2.5
Kodi 17.6 Git:a9a7a20
Compiled: 4/13/18

Debug Log
https://pastebin.com/LMY9i5eV

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2018-07-12

(2018-07-11, 09:25)benrita Wrote: I have loaded Libreelec on an amologic box and added the Aura skin for Kodi Kypton, it all works very well except I cannot bring up the osd in music to stop a song playing.
The remote doesn't have stop/pause/play buttons etc, when playing a movie or tv show I can press the OK button and it brings up the osd at the bottom and I can navigate to pause, play, stop, etc and press ok.
Thank you

Does it work in Estuary? If it doesn't work in Estuary then you have a problem with your keymap.

BTW, the music osd controls show with the music info on the bottom left (they look different to the video osd) - just in case you are looking in the wrong spot.

(2018-07-11, 21:29)OOmatrixOO Wrote: Hi. With Aura I don't see my movie set posters and fanarts. With other skins (Estuary... ) I see this.

Do you mean for movies grouped as sets in the library? Or through video > movie sets? Or as widgets? I need a little more detail about your setup.

(2018-07-11, 23:15)mbshaw88 Wrote: For some reason I cant get the skin to install on my raspberry pi. I downloaded the Aura zip to my windows machine then copied it to my Pi via SSH. Install from zip file>Home folder>skin.aura-master.zip gives me a failed installation?
Pi 3 B+
LibreELEC 8.2.5
Kodi 17.6 Git:a9a7a20
Compiled: 4/13/18

Debug Log
https://pastebin.com/LMY9i5eV

Remove your banned repositories and addons. Extended info (which is a skin dependency) is failing to install because you have a 3rd party repository that is overriding the official kodi repo and attempting to install its own version of extended info.

RE: Aura - benrita - 2018-07-12

(2018-07-12, 05:12)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2018-07-11, 09:25)benrita Wrote: I have loaded Libreelec on an amologic box and added the Aura skin for Kodi Kypton, it all works very well except I cannot bring up the osd in music to stop a song playing.
Thank you

Does it work in Estuary? If it doesn't work in Estuary then you have a problem with your keymap.

BTW, the music osd controls show with the music info on the bottom left (they look different to the video osd) - just in case you are looking in the wrong spot. 
Thank you. When you pointed me to the right location I found I had to use a mouse icon on the remote, then move pointer to pause or stop icon and press ok.
Thanks for such a wonderful skin.

RE: Aura - Eddie Strike - 2018-07-12

@jurialmunkey:

Any chance you could add an option to let us disable "Clearart in Landscape views" so we can choose to only have text labels?

PlexKodiConnect now supports collection artwork, but it also forces downloads of Clearart and forces it onto landscape views which I find ugly... 

Would be nice if I could disable Clearart in Aura settings!

RE: Aura - Scott Evo - 2018-07-14

@jurialmunkey 

Thanks a lot for this beautiful and magnificent skin, just need your help in changing the Weather Icons, I know it is possible but I can't find the option.

Also, I am using this on latest nightly build of Leia.

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2018-07-14

(2018-07-14, 06:41)Scott Evo Wrote: @jurialmunkey 

Thanks a lot for this beautiful and magnificent skin, just need your help in changing the Weather Icons, I know it is possible but I can't find the option.

Also, I am using this on latest nightly build of Leia.

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2018-07-14

(2018-07-12, 11:56)Eddie Strike Wrote: @jurialmunkey:

Any chance you could add an option to let us disable "Clearart in Landscape views" so we can choose to only have text labels?

PlexKodiConnect now supports collection artwork, but it also forces downloads of Clearart and forces it onto landscape views which I find ugly... 

Would be nice if I could disable Clearart in Aura settings!

The setting you are looking for is "Skin Settings > Library > Generate landscape art (disable)"

RE: Aura - rggeiger - 2018-07-14

@jurialmunkey

another fine skin! Thank you for all your hard work.

RE: Aura - Scott Evo - 2018-07-14

Thanks @jurialmunkey  how did I miss that.