Kodi Community Forum
Release Aura - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Aura (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=295)
+----- Thread: Release Aura (/showthread.php?tid=328558)

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2018-07-23

(2018-07-22, 05:50)emnaudin Wrote: Hey Jurial, I know this is a Kodi related issue but was wondering if you still could help me. (happy to edit files, been messing around but had no luck.)
From widgets I prefer movies to show the Info Dialog, but TV Shows would be better to go straight to library view.

Now, is there a way to force the library view on TV Shows so it jumps straight to view the seasons / episodes (even with default action set to show info)

Or... 

Force the Info Dialog to show only on movie widgets when default action is set to play.

I've read somewhere that this was achievable by creating a new profile within kodi, duplicating the skin with the settings set to play on one profile and info on the other. Didn't work for me though.
PS. I'll be running android. Sold my atv4k for a shield Wink

You can do the latter, but not the former - i.e. you can't force play when default action is info, but you can force info when default action is play.

To force info on a click, you need to override the onclick action in the widget list container.
Open Includes_Widgets.xml in a text editor and search for the following line:
Code:
<control type="list" id="$PARAM[id]">

This line is the start of the widget list container.
On a new line directly underneath, add the following:
Code:
<onclick condition="String.IsEqual(Container($PARAM[id]).ListItem.DBType,movie)">Action(Info)</onclick>

e.g. It should now look like this:
Code:
    <onclick condition="String.IsEqual(Container($PARAM[id]).ListItem.DBType,movie)">Action(Info)</onclick>

It doesn't work the otherway around - i.e. Action(Play) - because the play action doubles as a click/select, so you basically end up with an infinite loop.

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2018-07-23

(2018-07-22, 20:21)Hardax Wrote: My biggest issue with the live tv widgets as they stand now in the skin is that they don’t update consistently. In Aura I can go to my live tv section and the last played channel widgets might be showing the shows that were on 2 hours ago. I don’t know what the maker of the Emburary skin is doing different but his are very accurate. They even show the progress of the shows.

Which LiveTV widgets are you using? I need to know whether they are through Skin Helper or not.
e.g. Are they set through "Default Widgets > PVR >" or "Additional Widgets > Skin Helper Widgets > PVR >".

This is important because Embuary uses native kodi widget paths. So make sure that your PVR widgets are set through the "Default Widgets" path, as all widgets in there are native kodi library widgets.

You could also try @olympus suggestion about adding the sort order manually.
In the widget customisation screen click the AZ icon (has an up/down arrow with it). This will open a keyboard allowing you to enter a sort method. Enter "lastplayed" (without quotes). Also change the sort direction to "descending" by clicking the next icon (list with up/down arrow).

Looking at embuary, it seems that the pvr widgets also have the sort method/direction set, so this might be the important difference.

RE: Aura - olympus - 2018-07-23

(2018-07-23, 07:41)jurialmunkey Wrote: Looking at embuary, it seems that the pvr widgets also have the sort method/direction set, so this might be the important difference. 
 Yes, I had a look on Estuary's Home.xml and figured it out that it loads the prv widget this way.
I am on vacation right now, so I don't have access to my Ubuntu HTPC where I have Kodi installed, but I am 99% sure that by changing the sort method to lastplayed made Aura's PVR widget to behave exactly like Estuary's PVR widget.
Also if you change the widget style to landscape, it also shows the currently aired program of the channel, like Estuary and Embuary do.

RE: Aura - Hardax - 2018-07-23

(2018-07-23, 07:41)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2018-07-22, 20:21)Hardax Wrote: My biggest issue with the live tv widgets as they stand now in the skin is that they don’t update consistently. In Aura I can go to my live tv section and the last played channel widgets might be showing the shows that were on 2 hours ago. I don’t know what the maker of the Emburary skin is doing different but his are very accurate. They even show the progress of the shows.

Which LiveTV widgets are you using? I need to know whether they are through Skin Helper or not.
e.g. Are they set through "Default Widgets > PVR >" or "Additional Widgets > Skin Helper Widgets > PVR >".

This is important because Embuary uses native kodi widget paths. So make sure that your PVR widgets are set through the "Default Widgets" path, as all widgets in there are native kodi library widgets.

You could also try @olympus suggestion about adding the sort order manually.
In the widget customisation screen click the AZ icon (has an up/down arrow with it). This will open a keyboard allowing you to enter a sort method. Enter "lastplayed" (without quotes). Also change the sort direction to "descending" by clicking the next icon (list with up/down arrow).

Looking at embuary, it seems that the pvr widgets also have the sort method/direction set, so this might be the important difference.    
Im quite certain Ive tried both the default PVR "last played channel" and the one through the skin helper service (cant remember what its called there) with the same results of the widget not updating.

I did try editing the default PVR widget that comes set up in the skin as is (channels I bellive its called) but it does not allow me to edit the sort order to lastplayed. the AZ edit item does nothing when I select it?

I am hoping however that  you could implement the square icons like Embuary with the show name - time and duration indicators? The landscape icons in Aura right now are so big and cumbersome only allowing 3 channels on the screen at a time etc.

(2018-07-23, 16:54)Hardax Wrote: The landscape icons in Aura right now are so big and cumbersome only allowing 3 channels on the screen at a time etc. 

I agree with that, they are big and you only have 3 items shown.
That's why I personally have changed the widget style to posters on recently added episodes, for having 7 items/episodes shown.
I have the style to landscape in PVR widget because it's important to me to have the currently aired programme shown.
Let's hope jurialmunkey finds the time to add some more widgets types in future, like smaller landscape etc.

RE: Aura - emnaudin - 2018-07-23

(2018-07-23, 07:27)jurialmunkey Wrote:  You can do the latter, but not the former - i.e. you can't force play when default action is info, but you can force info when default action is play.

To force info on a click, you need to override the onclick action in the widget list container.
Open Includes_Widgets.xml in a text editor and search for the following line:
Code:

This line is the start of the widget list container.
On a new line directly underneath, add the following:
Code:

e.g. It should now look like this:
Code:

It doesn't work the otherway around - i.e. Action(Play) - because the play action doubles as a click/select, so you basically end up with an infinite loop. 
 Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you Smile

RE: Aura - supersmilers - 2018-07-23

(2018-07-21, 21:53)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2018-07-21, 20:22)supersmilers Wrote:
(2018-07-20, 11:51)jurialmunkey Wrote: Just install the genre icon pack and it should use it automatically.

It didn't for me. It still uses the default icon pack. Maybe you could add a setting somewhere to switch between the detault and Horizon.

Can you get me a screenshot?

If its not working automatically, then adding a setting to switch wont do anything.

How did you install the genre icons? Can you confirm that they are actually installed and *enabled* in Addons.
Addons > My Addons > Look and Feel > Image Collections > Movie Genre Icons - Horizon
Maybe I don't see it because I don't have any movies in my library?

RE: Aura - OOmatrixOO - 2018-07-23

(2018-07-23, 17:17)olympus Wrote:
(2018-07-23, 16:54)Hardax Wrote: The landscape icons in Aura right now are so big and cumbersome only allowing 3 channels on the screen at a time etc. 

I agree with that, they are big and you only have 3 items shown.
That's why I personally have changed the widget style to posters on recently added episodes, for having 7 items/episodes shown.
I have the style to landscape in PVR widget because it's important to me to have the currently aired programme shown.
Let's hope jurialmunkey finds the time to add some more widgets types in future, like smaller landscape etc.
But I like the big landscape icons for recently added episodes on my big TV.

(2018-07-23, 19:00)OOmatrixOO Wrote: But I like the big landscape icons for recently added episodes on my big TV. 

All skins by jurialmunkey are designing masterpieces.
If big landscape widgets looked bad, he wouldn't have a big landscapes optionSmile
It's just my personal preference, I prefer tv show posters than episode thumbs.
Hardax has a point though about landscape widgets on PVR.
You don't have a thumbnail, you have a tv channel logo, so smaller icons with label (currently aired programme) would fit better there.

RE: Aura - pusb87 - 2018-07-23

thanks for a great skin which i have been using for a while now
wanted to ask if there was a way to apply a feature to widgets if not allready possible and i havent found out how !
specificaly i use a widget to show the most  recently added movies from my video library but i would like to exclude from the widget view those that are marked as watched

is this possible ?
tia

RE: Aura - Hardax - 2018-07-24

(2018-07-23, 23:27)pusb87 Wrote: thanks for a great skin which i have been using for a while now
wanted to ask if there was a way to apply a feature to widgets if not allready possible and i havent found out how !
specificaly i use a widget to show the most  recently added movies from my video library but i would like to exclude from the widget view those that are marked as watched

is this possible ?
tia

Easy to do with a smart playlist and use that as your widget. In your rules just add a play count that equals zero.

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2018-07-24

(2018-07-23, 23:27)pusb87 Wrote: thanks for a great skin which i have been using for a while now

is this possible ?
tia

Use the "Unwatched Movies" widget.
It is a smart playlist which shows movies from the library with "playcount = 0" and is sorted in descending order by date added
(i.e. most recently added unwatched movies are shown first)

In the widget customisation dialog: "Default Widgets > Movies > Unwatched Movies"
The same is available for episodes: "Default Widgets > Episodes > Unwatched Episodes".

RE: Aura - crea - 2018-07-24

Thanks for all your work @jurialmunkey !
I am a big fan of your skins, my favorite are Arctic: Zephyr and this one.
If I had to rate them I would give AZ a "very good" rating while this once deserves "excellent".
You have a talent to create designs that are both very visually appealing while keeping them simple
and efficient.

One of my complaints about AZ was lots of unused space, I can see this skin addresses this problem very nice
with multiple widgets and general design approach, great job.
Now I have a feeling one thing could greatly improve this even more - the addition of a multi-row widget that would scroll
vertically instead of horizonally. There are many cases where one widget is enough but because it only uses one row you
still get same unused space issue as in AZ.
Maybe if there's only 1 widget render it in a grid instead of a single row, automatically ?
I understand if there's more than 1 widget there would be the issue of jumping between widgets vs jumping between rows as it would
use same keys.
Hope this helps.

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2018-07-24

Hi everyone,

So I've been playing around with something @PeterClews suggested and I'm wondering what everyone thinks about it.

Basically, I'm replacing missing artist/album artwork with a semi-randomised generic image. I think it works really well and I'm interested to hear everyone's thoughts on it. Also, do people prefer with or without text overlayed on top? Because it is only a set of 10 images, I am thinking that perhaps the text is necessary to differentiate between multiple artists/albums using the same generic image. What do people think?

(BTW - It's not added yet. Waiting to hear people's thoughts and tighten up a few things before pushing to repo).

RE: Aura - joostzilla - 2018-07-24

@jurialmunkey Great idea!!!
I would go for the images without overlay text. It looks more clean. Or instead of the artist text an even more subtle 'Missing Artwork' text.