Kodi Community Forum
Release Aura - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Aura (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=295)
+----- Thread: Release Aura (/showthread.php?tid=328558)

RE: Aura - Silki - 2018-02-26

"@Silki - You know that you can turn off the vignette etc. in Skin Settings > Effects?
The showcase id is 55 for posters, 56 for landscape, and 57 for square, so you can add the following to any image controls that you want to hide for those specific views"

Thanks Had a play but it Aura looks better with White.png being used it has to be said.

Feature to be able to jump to Full screen (None faded) fanart from any view please?

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2018-02-26

(2018-02-26, 15:24)VikkiXavier Wrote: This is the 3rd time in 15 minutes that Kodi has crashed since I updated Aura to the latest version.

Edit: I cannot enter into ADDON from the home menu. Its crashing every time.

Can confirm. Something strange is happening with the fallback code for ratings which is causing a crash. I've rolled back the code for the time being until I can figure out what the problem is.

RE: Aura - mxlance - 2018-02-27

@[b]jurialmunkey [/b]– In comparing Aura to (fuse)neue, Aura widget fanart feels much slower to load.
The posters display fine and scrolling is fairly smooth.
However fanart takes seconds to load.Is this normal for the skin or is it operator error? 

Thank you

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2018-02-27

(2018-02-27, 00:14)mxlance Wrote: @[b]jurialmunkey [/b]– In comparing Aura to (fuse)neue, Aura widget fanart feels much slower to load.
However fanart takes seconds to load.Is this normal for the skin or is it operator error? 

Thank you

Yeah it's normal. It's because Aura relies purely on skin helper to provide fanart for widgets. This is because there are multiple widgets and so there are multiple widget ids. 12 x 8 widgets = 96 ids. That mean I would need 96 separate variable conditions to retrieve the fanart for each possible widget - possible to do but something I would like to avoid. In the Leia version this wont be a problem as Leia allows for referencing the currently focused container without needing an id.

RE: Aura - Blurayx - 2018-02-27

@jurialmunkey 

After downloading subtitles would it be possible for the menu bar to automatically close

Thanks

(2018-02-27, 01:01)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2018-02-27, 00:14)mxlance Wrote: @[b]jurialmunkey [/b]– In comparing Aura to (fuse)neue, Aura widget fanart feels much slower to load.

Thank you

Yeah it's normal. It's because Aura relies purely on skin helper to provide fanart for widgets. This is because there are multiple widgets and so there are multiple widget ids. 12 x 8 widgets = 96 ids. That mean I would need 96 separate variable conditions to retrieve the fanart for each possible widget - possible to do but something I would like to avoid. In the Leia version this wont be a problem as Leia allows for referencing the currently focused container without needing an id.   
Got it.
But for the life of me I do not see why you would like to avoid all that extra work.
Keep that up and your SuperHero skinner status my be questioned here by some. 

Thanks for all you work any way Tongue

RE: Aura - Edworld - 2018-02-27

Jurialmunkey,

Image #10 is very horizon-arctic. Can I copy it over to Horizon and will it work? what file is it?

Thanks

RE: Aura - VikkiXavier - 2018-02-27

I really hope you will be able to work the ratings fallback code back into the skin.

If possible, could you add an option to "set thumb" for directors?

@Blurayx - Done on latest git.

@mxlance - Haha! Clearly there is something wrong with me. Wink

@Edworld - Unfortunately the code is split over a number of files (and textures also), so not a simple cut and paste job.

@VikkiXavier - Yes, I hope I will be able to put back the rating fallbacks too. I have no idea which part might be causing it though. I think it is a matter of adding the code back in systematically and testing whether it starts crashing. --- For the directors thumb, do you know of any skins that have this feature? Because otherwise the only way I can think of making it work is by having a folder manually filled by the user with director images and then matching them according to the label (e.g. you would have an image in the folder called "Alfred Hitchcock.jpg") -- and that is not a very elegant solution.

(2018-02-27, 11:19)jurialmunkey Wrote: Because otherwise the only way I can think of making it work is by having a folder manually filled by the user with director images and then matching them according to the label (e.g. you would have an image in the folder called "Alfred Hitchcock.jpg") -- and that is not a very elegant solution.
 Yeah, that would be arduous and unnecessary. Leave it then.

Just found a glitch. Kindly have a look at the tomato logo.

RE: Aura - Blurayx - 2018-02-27

@jurialmunkey 

Thanks  Smile

Have you seen the pm I sent you?

(2018-02-27, 11:35)VikkiXavier Wrote: Just found a glitch. Kindly have a look at the tomato logo.

That looks like the old version of the skin with the ratings fallback code still in, because you shouldn't be able to get the user rating (popcorn) at all as Skin Helper doesn't provide it.

@jurialmunkey 
request- auto scroll widgets and views?
as in (fuse)
thank you

(2018-02-27, 12:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: That looks like the old version of the skin with the ratings fallback code still in, because you shouldn't be able to get the user rating (popcorn) at all as Skin Helper doesn't provide it. 
 Now that I have installed the new version, that issue has been corrected. But unfortunately Kodi has crashed on multiple occasions when I am on extendedinfo. Especially when I watch videos through extendedinfo.