Kodi Community Forum
Release Aura - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Aura (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=295)
+----- Thread: Release Aura (/showthread.php?tid=328558)

RE: Aura - bryan1 - 2019-02-09

Possible to mark all movies as watched? Can't find the setting

RE: Aura - Zpower - 2019-02-09

(2019-02-09, 01:53)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Zpower - Hmm, I do have an AVC codec image, but I wonder if maybe the name kodi reports the codec as is different.

In Includes_Object.xml can you change line 27:
Code:
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>

To this:
Code:
<label>$INFO[ListItem.VideoCodec]</label>

Save and then reload the skin. Where the title of the movie usually is, you should see what kodi is reporting as codec name. Can you tell me what it is reporting as and I'll add the appropriate codec flag.
avc in the name but the codec logo don't display

RE: Aura - D-m-x - 2019-02-09

Uh, probably a dumb question, but I can't seem to figure out how to change the sorting of the Widgets on the Home Screen. Is this not possible?

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2019-02-09

(2019-02-09, 14:56)SimonC Wrote:
(2019-02-09, 14:37)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-02-09, 14:01)SatBandit Wrote: This Skin is the best i've ever seen..... Great job man.
I have a question, is it possible to make the default view from list to showcase?
I cannot find any options in the setup menu.

In the top menu where you change the viewtype, click the lock icon. That will force the current view to always be used for that content type (e.g. for all episode views, or all season views etc.) 
 Is there anyway to just have it remember automatically?  Once you lock the view it's all or nothing.  Example; I lock showcase to TV but then load a game list in IAGL and I'm stuck in showcase view or not being able to use different views for movies or recently added movies etc.
Kodi should already remember what view you set - but it does mean that you have to set each view individually first.

Sometimes the dB for viewtype can get messy - if views are not being remembered correctly then sometimes it can be worth deleting the viewtypes.db from the userdata folder (or your profile folder, if using profiles).

(2019-02-09, 17:12)djoole Wrote: Hey @jurialmunkey 
I'm bumping some questions, thanks in advance for taking your time to explore them Smile

1. is it possible to set the widgets so that movies from sets are displayed inside the set, like in library views?

2. is there a way to add a shortcut in the custom menu pointing directly to the screen "customize home menu"?

3. is there a "system info" widget to get live info about the system from the home screen?

(1) Im pretty sure this can be done with smart playlists and the grouping option. You will need to create your own smart playlists to use as widgets.

(2) add a custom action point to:
RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=manage&amp;group=mainmenu)

(3) maybe eventually, but not currently.

(2019-02-09, 19:37)SimonC Wrote: Would you ever consider allowing the addition of more than one Submenu / Categories Widget row?  Including the ability to set a row to nothing where it would show an empty space where the row should be?
I'm planning to do an overhaul of the widgets sometime in the future, so I will consider multirow categories when I do that.

Why would you want a blank row though?

(2019-02-09, 21:30)D-m-x Wrote: Uh, probably a dumb question, but I can't seem to figure out how to change the sorting of the Widgets on the Home Screen. Is this not possible?
Do you mean order of widgets? Because it's not possible without completely rewriting the widget code and using some complex hacks.

If you mean sorting *within* the widget (eg sort by date added) - that can be done by clicking the AZ icon in the widget customisation screen.

RE: Aura - D-m-x - 2019-02-09

Sorry, I meant the order of the Widgets. Thanks for answering. Please no rewriting or hacks Big Grin
Just thought I missed something.

RE: Aura - djoole - 2019-02-09

(2019-02-09, 22:44)jurialmunkey Wrote:
I'm bumping some questions, thanks in advance for taking your time to explore them Smile

1. is it possible to set the widgets so that movies from sets are displayed inside the set, like in library views?

2. is there a way to add a shortcut in the custom menu pointing directly to the screen "customize home menu"?

3. is there a "system info" widget to get live info about the system from the home screen?

(1) Im pretty sure this can be done with smart playlists and the grouping option. You will need to create your own smart playlists to use as widgets.

(1) I already use smart playlists on the widgets. When being in the smartplaylist view, films are well grouped in sets, but not in widget view. Any idea?

(2) It doesn't seem to work (does nothing)
Edit : to be more accurate, it does something :
:
22:04:52.656 T:22309   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/skin.aura/1080i/script-skinshortcuts.xml) ------
22:04:52.656 T:22309    INFO: Loading skin file: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/skin.aura/1080i/script-skinshortcuts.xml, load type: LOAD_ON_GUI_INIT
22:04:52.810 T:22309   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/skin.aura/1080i/script-skinshortcuts.xml) ------
Smile

(3) ok thanks Smile

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2019-02-10

(2019-02-09, 23:09)djoole Wrote:
(2019-02-09, 22:44)jurialmunkey Wrote:

(1) I already use smart playlists on the widgets. When being in the smartplaylist view, films are well grouped in sets, but not in widget view. Any idea?

:
22:04:52.656 T:22309   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/skin.aura/1080i/script-skinshortcuts.xml) ------
22:04:52.656 T:22309    INFO: Loading skin file: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/skin.aura/1080i/script-skinshortcuts.xml, load type: LOAD_ON_GUI_INIT
22:04:52.810 T:22309   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/skin.aura/1080i/script-skinshortcuts.xml) ------
Smile

(3) ok thanks Smile

Re (2) - Ah, it seems that skinshortcuts doesn't like using &amp; in menu shortcuts. Replace it with &
Code:
RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=manage&group=mainmenu)

Re (1) - I meant creating a special smart playlist that has the setting "group by sets" and "mixed". However, even that doesn't seem to work in dynamic content lists (ie widgets). Doesn't seem like it is possible, unfortunately.

(2019-02-09, 21:14)Zpower Wrote:
(2019-02-09, 01:53)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Zpower - Hmm, I do have an AVC codec image, but I wonder if maybe the name kodi reports the codec as is different.

In Includes_Object.xml can you change line 27:
Code:
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>

To this:
Code:
<label>$INFO[ListItem.VideoCodec]</label>

Save and then reload the skin. Where the title of the movie usually is, you should see what kodi is reporting as codec name. Can you tell me what it is reporting as and I'll add the appropriate codec flag.
avc in the name but the codec logo don't display

I think it should be fixed now. Can you test latest git and confirm?

RE: Aura - zivodevo - 2019-02-10

FR: Any chance when you enter a time jump directly into the kepad that the time entered could be displayed on-screen? The time jump works (e.g. 5:00 enter) but nothing is displayed so not so wife friendly Smile

RE: Aura - djoole - 2019-02-10

(2019-02-10, 02:17)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-02-09, 23:09)djoole Wrote:
(2019-02-09, 22:44)jurialmunkey Wrote: (1) Im pretty sure this can be done with smart playlists and the grouping option. You will need to create your own smart playlists to use as widgets.

:
Smile

(3) ok thanks Smile 

Re (2) - Ah, it seems that skinshortcuts doesn't like using &amp; in menu shortcuts. Replace it with &
Code:
RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=manage&group=mainmenu)

Re (1) - I meant creating a special smart playlist that has the setting "group by sets" and "mixed". However, even that doesn't seem to work in dynamic content lists (ie widgets). Doesn't seem like it is possible, unfortunately.
 Thanks, the shortcut works fine Smile
A pity for the sets in the widgets, are the widgets from a third party script or from you?

(2019-02-10, 04:02)djoole Wrote: A pity for the sets in the widgets, are the widgets from a third party script or from you?
Both really -

Skins define the layout of the controls (e.g. buttons, list containers, images, labels etc.) on the screen. In the case of a widget, it is a list control - the skin defines an <itemlayout> for the list container. This definition tells kodi what to display for each item in the list. The skin then uses a <content> tag to tell kodi where to get the content to fill the container with: this content might be a filepath, a location in library, a playlist, or an addon path etc. Kodi retrieves info about each item in the list then puts the appropriate info wherever the skin has defined it should go (e.g. I tell kodi to use the poster as the texture for an image, and then kodi will ask the addon or library database what image path to use to display that poster)

When you select a widget using the skinshortcuts dialog, that is basically the skinshortcuts add-on saving the path to your chosen content as a variable which the skin then references in the content tag of the widget container.

In the case of sets, it is a matter of Kodi grouping movies as a single item (i.e. a set) in the video library windows, but not doing the same for lists on the home window.

RE: Aura - djoole - 2019-02-10

Thanks for the info. Well I guess we'll have to do with it Smile
Anyway keep up the good work, this skin is very cool. I loved (fuse)neue and miss some stuff, like :
- number of items in views/widgets,
- useful shortcuts in OSD (subtitles resync, subtitle download and audio track selection)

Do you plan by anychance to add this stuff? If not I may try to look at xml in fuse and try to add them by myself Smile