Kodi Community Forum
[REQUEST] Kodi Logo moving around screen during video playback in pause - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=251)
+---- Thread: [REQUEST] Kodi Logo moving around screen during video playback in pause (/showthread.php?tid=328813)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: [REQUEST] Logo moving around the screen if paused during video playback - roliverosc - 2018-06-20

First of all, thanks for the interest and time which you have taken in developing this initial release @"DaLanik". I'm happy that it has aroused someone's interest. I imagine that you will know the bugs of this initial release but I make you a list.

List of bug on an Desktop computer with windows 7 SP1 and Kodi 16.1 .
- It does not take the time we set for it to appear. When we pause, it runs directly.
- When it is executed for the first time it works correctly but when executed a second time, two logos appear, one in motion and the other stopped. And this trend is repeated successively for each different file that is played.
- The menu bar does not run or disappears like a screen saver would do. The logo is superimposed over the time bar and file information.

I make a list of features that I think could be essential for the addon.
- Can choose black background or not. (I think the ideal would be on a black background but for tastes colors "that is usually said around here.")
- The logo should be in the style of the kaster screensaver logo, that is, a basic logo, a single color, I think it would look better.
- To be able to choose between different types of movements for the logo ...

Types of movements for the script on settings:
- Choose to reach the edge of the screen during movement or not.
- Select between random or continuous jumps.
- Select movement speed.
- Select between coloring logo or not.
- Select between color set or random.

Regards @"DaLanik". Sorry for my english.

RE: [REQUEST] Logo moving around the screen if paused during video playback - User 325245 - 2018-06-20

Yea, it was only 20 minute job so no settings work for the time being... I'll post updated version later.

It is not a screensaver... it will just run image every time you pause. I never did a real screensaver, I'll have a look how it's done in Kodi.

As far as logo is concerned, I'll make it so you can choose own logo. This was just quick and dirty test.... got the 1st Kodi logo I could find with Google Smile

RE: [REQUEST] Logo moving around the screen if paused during video playback - User 325245 - 2018-06-21

OK, I updated it, please try - settings should now work

RE: [REQUEST] Logo moving around the screen if paused during video playback - roliverosc - 2018-06-23

Sorry @"DaLanik" continue with the same bug and even worse if you do not have the file on pause it does too, the logo comes out double. I have changed to Kodi 17.6.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\threading.py", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\threading.py", line 1073, in run
self.function(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "C:\Users\*******\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.bump\service.py", line 37, in _run
self.function(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "C:\Users\*******\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.bump\service.py", line 293, in hw
myWidget.imgtestbulb.setPosition(xx, yy)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'imgtestbulb'

RE: [REQUEST] Logo moving around the screen if paused during video playback - User 325245 - 2018-06-23

OK, another test (v0.3) in the repo....

[REQUEST] Logo moving around the screen if paused during video playback - roliverosc - 2018-06-24

I can not find 0.3 release in your repo 'Lanik Test Repository'.

RE: [REQUEST] Logo moving around the screen if paused during video playback - User 325245 - 2018-06-24

It is definitely there, just checked...

RE: [REQUEST] Logo moving around the screen if paused during video playback - roliverosc - 2018-06-24

Now it appears, It is inusual. The first time I have run release 0.3 the logo has appeared twice starting at the central position and from this moment doubling. I have unpacked and reinstalled bump, now it works correctly. Congratulations and thank you for taking into account my function request. Now we just need to add hundreds of options in settings.

Thank @"DaLanik" and regards. When it´s finished I offer myself to translate it into Spanish.

[REQUEST] Logo moving around the screen if paused during video playback - roliverosc - 2018-06-25

I have found other bug. I have observed when we have the service started and running, have the file paused or not, when moving through the settings of kodi the logo appears.

RE: [REQUEST] Logo moving around the screen if paused during video playback - User 325245 - 2018-06-25

During video play?

[REQUEST] Logo moving around the screen if paused during video playback - roliverosc - 2018-06-25

Don't remember I think that yes

RE: [REQUEST] Logo moving around the screen if paused during video playback - roliverosc - 2018-12-02

I'm sorry but I forgot this completely. I had to buy a new laptop and I have been offline for some time. @"DaLanik" don´t work correctly.

RE: [REQUEST] Logo moving around the screen if paused during video playback - User 325245 - 2018-12-04

I also didn't have time to work on this Smile Will have a look when there's some spare time.

RE: [REQUEST] Logo moving around the screen during video playback in pause - roliverosc - 2018-12-30

About 1650 views and Has anyone commented anything?

RE: [REQUEST] Logo moving around the screen during video playback in pause - roliverosc - 2020-05-07

I go back up this. I still think this would be a very good screensaver.