Kodi Community Forum
SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Xbox (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=282)
+---- Thread: SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available) (/showthread.php?tid=329177)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available) - jjd-uk - 2018-08-03

What SMB protocol version are you using? from what I understand SMB via the addon only works with SMB2/3 and won't work with SMB1.

RE: SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available) - stilcor - 2018-08-03

(2018-08-03, 10:54)jjd-uk Wrote: What SMB protocol version are you using? from what I understand SMB via the addon only works with SMB2/3 and won't work with SMB1.
I'm using SMB support (libsmb2) enabled

RE: SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available) - jjd-uk - 2018-08-03

What version of SMB is your NAS using is what I meant.

RE: SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available) - Rechi - 2018-08-03

The question was, does your server support the SMB2 or SMB3 protocol and is it enabled?

RE: SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available) - stilcor - 2018-08-03

(2018-08-03, 11:15)Rechi Wrote: The question was, does your server support the SMB2 or SMB3 protocol and is it enabled?
Supports

SMB 1
SMB 2
SMB 2 and large mtu
SMB 3

I just enable SMB 3, restarted both xbox and nas, still no luck

Still get "Couldn't connect to network server"

Try using the IP address of the NAS in case the host name resolution is not working for you.

(2018-08-03, 11:53)jjd-uk Wrote: Try using the IP address of the NAS in case the host name resolution is not working for you.
 That was it. IP instead of hostname. Also the SMB info

Thanks for everyone's help, much appreciated

(2018-08-03, 12:26)stilcor Wrote:
(2018-08-03, 11:53)jjd-uk Wrote: Try using the IP address of the NAS in case the host name resolution is not working for you.
 That was it. IP instead of hostname. Also the SMB info

Thanks for everyone's help, much appreciated

I would expect using hostname should still work, but I've not had opportunity to play much with SMB via the addon, at least you now have something working.

RE: SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available) - stephenl - 2018-08-04

Hi All
Just want to confirm others experience here. I was able to get SMB support working on the XBOX One but only by specifying the IP address of the host(s). I Have two NAS devices connected, a Synology and a QNAP. Both a little older. One had the option to enable SMB2 in settings the other I had to enable it via a shell command. In any case I tried many time using hostname and it worked first time with both NAS's when I used IP address.

Also this is using a Shared MySQL Database on the QNAP with other Kodi devices throughout the home and it is working very nicely.
Great job team

Cheers

RE: SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available) - DGenerateKane - 2018-08-07

Still unable to download a version of Kodi that supports SMB.  Undecided

RE: SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available) - Rechi - 2018-08-07

What version do you have?

You can see it in the log or in Settings > System information.

RE: SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available) - scythe000 - 2018-08-07

(2018-08-07, 04:31)DGenerateKane Wrote: Still unable to download a version of Kodi that supports SMB.  Undecided
 Same, and nobody is responding to requests to get added to the xbox test group

RE: SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available) - scythe000 - 2018-08-07

OMG, I FINALLY FOUND IT. No  thanks to anyone responding.

Go to addons, all addons, scroll down to SMB support, enable. Seriously, this should be enabled by default, and stickied posts should be updated.

RE: SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available) - jjd-uk - 2018-08-07

Did you not read first post? but yes the FAQ sticky is in need of an update.