Kodi Community Forum
SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Xbox (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=282)
+---- Thread: SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available) (/showthread.php?tid=329177)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available) - scythe000 - 2018-08-07

(2018-08-07, 18:40)jjd-uk Wrote: Did you not read first post? but yes the FAQ sticky is in need of an update.
 I did and the line "To enable SMB support need receive the last test build and enable vfs.smb2 addon." makes me think I need to be in the test group to receive that test build. Also, then I was looking under "vfs" instead of "smb" and didn't see it.

That being said, I've enabled it, and added my share by IP, and Kodi completely freezes. I'm wondering if i need to explicitly disabled SMBv1 and force SMBv2/3 on my Windows 10 PC.

RE: SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available) - jjd-uk - 2018-08-07

Yes maybe not so obvious as I had thought.

As for your issue, not sure but it's possible you may have to disable smb1 in Windows Features. I don't actually own a Xbox so do my best to offer advice based on my Windows experience..

RE: SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available) - omega1970 - 2018-08-08

When using a NAS device with SMB v2/3 using the SMB addon (libsmb2) you need to configure your sources.xml as follows:

<video>
  <source>
    <name>Movies</name>
    <path>smb://USERTongue[email protected]/Library/Movies/</path>
  </source>
</video>

And make sure that:
1. Your NAS has SMB enabled and set to v2 or v3.
2. Some NAS provide SMB Encryption on the shares, this has to be disabled (for each share you want to use with Kodi) for the current libsmb2 implementation.

Hope this helps, i found point 2 only after several hours of searching.

RE: SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available) - DGenerateKane - 2018-08-10

(2018-08-07, 17:55)scythe000 Wrote: OMG, I FINALLY FOUND IT. No  thanks to anyone responding.

Go to addons, all addons, scroll down to SMB support, enable. Seriously, this should be enabled by default, and stickied posts should be updated.
 Thank you! The simple instructions were missing from the OP, which made getting it working impossible.

I'm having issues with my library. I read that using the server's hostname wouldn't work, so I used one of its IP addresses. It worked, but I have duplicate entries of every video. Checking their path's found that every duplicate's path used the server's hostname, which obviously were unplayable. I assume this is caused because I copied over my advancedsettings.xml file because I use a mysql database to maintain my library across all my HTPC's. What is my easiest and/or best solution to fix this without breaking my database? Just use the Clean Library function? I've had to rebuild it multiple times, and I'd really like to avoid it again. Even backing it up hasn't proved useful, as the last time I restored my library, 90% of it was missing. Will there be issues with my other HTPC's after it is resolved?

RE: SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available) - afedchin - 2018-08-10

you can try this aproach https://kodi.wiki/view/Path_substitution
with something like the following:
Code:
<pathsubstitution>
  <substitute>
    <from>smb://hostname/share/</from>
    <to>smb://255.255.255.255/share/</to>
  </substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
where hostname it's your host name and 255.255.255.255 it's host IP address.

RE: SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available) - DGenerateKane - 2018-08-11

(2018-08-10, 10:11)afedchin Wrote: you can try this aproach Path_substitution (wiki)
with something like the following:
Code:
<pathsubstitution>
  <substitute>
    <from>smb://hostname/share/</from>
    <to>smb://255.255.255.255/share/</to>
  </substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
where hostname it's your host name and 255.255.255.255 it's host IP address.
 That makes them playable, but my library isn't syncing changes between my HTPC's and the Xbox. I've got several more tv episodes marked as watched on the HTPC's than the Xbox. I only have one mysql database, and I didn't change anything regarding it in the advancedsettings.xml file. Any ideas what is going on and how to fix it?

RE: SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available) - Squalo08 - 2018-08-13

Hello everyone, i've a problem with SMB File sharing: if I add a SMB source on Kodi on my pc it works, but if I add the same source with the same options on Kodi on my Xbox, it don't work and it say " Error Connection timed out". 
Can someone help me?

RE: SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available) - deh2k7 - 2018-08-22

I'm having the same issue.  SMB 2/3 on my Windows server.  No problems with multiple macs/pc accessing shares.  no problems with Libreelec box accessing shares.  no problem with Kodi/Win accessing shares.  Cannot for the life of me get Kodi/Xbox to work.  I've tried both IP and Host, and get the same generic failure message.

RE: SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available) - nuge - 2018-08-29

(2018-08-07, 18:54)scythe000 Wrote:
(2018-08-07, 18:40)jjd-uk Wrote: Did you not read first post? but yes the FAQ sticky is in need of an update.
 I did and the line "To enable SMB support need receive the last test build and enable vfs.smb2 addon." makes me think I need to be in the test group to receive that test build. Also, then I was looking under "vfs" instead of "smb" and didn't see it.

That being said, I've enabled it, and added my share by IP, and Kodi completely freezes. I'm wondering if i need to explicitly disabled SMBv1 and force SMBv2/3 on my Windows 10 PC. 
 Were you able to get this resolved? I just installed Kodi Beta 1 on Xbox One and this keeps happening to me as well

RE: SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available) - IndieRockSteve - 2018-12-25

So, I have 18b5 installed, but I'm not seeing the addon to allow me to browse samba networks. I went to sign up for the test version and see that they are no longer adding people to the list? I "signed up" for the test version via the Google Doc anyway, but haven't seen the ability to update Kodi yet.  Am I just out of luck being able to get my Kodi install to browse SMB or do I just need to wait longer? Is there anyway to install the addon "manually"?

RE: SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available) - nickty - 2018-12-27

Nice long thread but it helps!