Kodi Community Forum
v18 Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v18 Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod (/showthread.php?tid=329255)

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - RB0135 - 2020-07-06

(2020-07-06, 02:11)AleksandarLS Wrote: @RB0135

You have to make extrafanart folder in the movie folder. Use program like Media Companion to scrape extrafanart pictures.
Thanks for your fast reply.

Why do I need to create the extrafanart directory when the exact setup I have works perfectly in MQ8?

As mentioned, even when I did create that directory as a test for one movie, and placed the fanart1-fanart5 files into it, MQ7 still didn't rotate the fanart on the main movie screen, yet I had the logo, spinning disk, Cover image and ClearArt displayed.

Shouldn't the skin be taking the location from the Textures database to find the extrafanart. If they dont, why would they go to the trouble of scraping it to the database?

Kodi documentation states if you have all local artwork (which I do) then it needs to be in the same folder as the movie file. There is no mention in the official documentation regarding extra fanart images need to be in a different directory (Kodi Documentation Movie Artwork)

It's not a bid hassle, but I need to understand why MQ7 doesnt work and MQ8 does. Maybe there is a tweak I can do in one of the files to get it to work as per MQ8.

Thanks

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - melons2 - 2020-07-06

@latts9923 

Why, in "Wall View" do all of my movies cases indicate each move is a bluray when they are a larger number of formats? It, I think, also causes all of the movie dvd cases to appear the same.

Thank you

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - latts9923 - 2020-07-06

@RB0135
I just added code to first use the Skin Helper Service for the "EXTRA FANART" setting and then revert to the extrafanart folder if the Skin Helper string is empty. The fanart now behaves similar to MQ 8. It will be part of the next update.

@melons2
My Wall view is displaying different case formats. If the video file does not contain the correct tag, it will display a standard case (based on the MEDIA CASE settings in SKIN SETTINGS).

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - melons2 - 2020-07-06

(2020-07-06, 16:32)latts9923 Wrote: @RB0135
I just added code to first use the Skin Helper Service for the "EXTRA FANART" setting and then revert to the extrafanart folder if the Skin Helper string is empty. The fanart now behaves similar to MQ 8. It will be part of the next update.

@melons2
My Wall view is displaying different case formats. If the video file does not contain the correct tag, it will display a standard case (based on the MEDIA CASE settings in SKIN SETTINGS).

@latts9923 

You don't mean a particular file name tag, you do mean a tag within the file correct? My files are tagged correctly. They used to show that way way. Are there any tools or settings you might recommend that will let me fix this?

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - Shredder_guitar - 2020-07-06

(2020-07-06, 18:28)melons2 Wrote:

@melons2

@latts9923 

You don't mean a particular file name tag, you do mean a tag within the file correct? My files are tagged correctly. They used to show that way way. Are there any tools or settings you might recommend that will let me fix this?
You should be able to easily do this in Tiny Media Manager, by sorting your movies based on type (i.e. DVD Blue-Ray, etc) and bulk editing the source to the appropriate format. Then rename your movies to include the media source in the name, rescan your kodi library and it should pick up the renamed file and the media tags will appear 

*note*
If you run a Plex server like i do also, careful in doing this, plex reads the name of the file and bases it's metadata off of that, so your movie's will show up as {moviename} {movieformat} also and have mismatches in metadata scraping

Add media source in naming scheme 

Bulk edit source type 

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - Shredder_guitar - 2020-07-06

Anyone know how to get Discs in KodiFlix view to show up next the box set? I happened to notice that they are showing up BEHIND the background. I noticed this when my Extra Fanart stopped working for whatever reason (separate issue I need to look into further) 

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - RB0135 - 2020-07-07

@melons2
@latts9923
No way... what a gem... Much appreciated, thanks.

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - mataus19 - 2020-07-07

(2020-07-04, 19:06)latts9923 Wrote: @mataus19
I can take a look.

Thanks @latts9923

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - Shredder_guitar - 2020-07-07

(2020-07-06, 23:02)Shredder_guitar Wrote: Anyone know how to get Discs in KodiFlix view to show up next the box set? I happened to notice that they are showing up BEHIND the background. I noticed this when my Extra Fanart stopped working for whatever reason (separate issue I need to look into further) 

Is this happening for anyone else?

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - MB1968 - 2020-07-07

(2020-07-07, 15:42)Shredder_guitar Wrote:
(2020-07-06, 23:02)Shredder_guitar Wrote: Anyone know how to get Discs in KodiFlix view to show up next the box set? I happened to notice that they are showing up BEHIND the background. I noticed this when my Extra Fanart stopped working for whatever reason (separate issue I need to look into further) 

Can you post a screenshot of your KodiFlix settings in the topmenu?

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - melons2 - 2020-07-08

@latts9923 

All of my movies are tagged correctly now. What are the correct MEDIA CASE settings within SKIN SETTINGS?

Thank you

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - Shredder_guitar - 2020-07-09

(2020-07-07, 20:04)MB1968 Wrote:
(2020-07-07, 15:42)Shredder_guitar Wrote:

@MB1968 

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - latts9923 - 2020-07-12

@melons2
If you have all your files tagged correctly, it will display the correct case based off of those tags. The MEDIA CASE settings are for a generic case to display if the tags are missing.

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - melons2 - 2020-07-13

(2020-07-12, 15:07)latts9923 Wrote: @melons2
If you have all your files tagged correctly, it will display the correct case based off of those tags. The MEDIA CASE settings are for a generic case to display if the tags are missing.

@latts9923 

Thank you very much! 

I did some more tag work today and understand better......thanks for your time!

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - MB1968 - 2020-07-13

(2020-07-09, 23:32)Shredder_guitar Wrote:
(2020-07-07, 20:04)MB1968 Wrote:
(2020-07-07, 15:42)Shredder_guitar Wrote: Is this happening for anyone else?
@MB1968 
I would like to test it on my system, but than I need to see all Kodiflix settings in your topmenu. I can only see a small part of your settings. Can you post a new screenshot?

EDIT:
A "similar" issue happens on my system. But the discs are displayed in front of the cases.

ImageImage