Kodi Community Forum
v18 Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v18 Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod (/showthread.php?tid=329255)

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - grimmace92 - 2021-06-23

(2021-06-23, 16:16)latts9923 Wrote: @grimmace92
Here's a link to the modified v1.0.37

Hi Latts,

I can't download the coloured media icons pack for MQ7.  I think your hosting site is down.  I see a 404 message in the log.  I tried to go to your holybid.com site manually and its down.  

**  actually i figured out how to do it manually.  For whatever reason the mpaa icon is not displaying.  All the rest do.  It does display if I'm not using the coloured icon pack **  pic attached blank space at bottom between summitt and h.264

I see a bunch of these in the log

- Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.mediaicons.coloured/mpaa/MPAA_R_Certificate_US.png

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - Juan Mortyme - 2021-06-26

@grimmace92 
What version of the media icon pack did you get? Was it pack (Textures.xbt) or not? Did it install correctly? First try a simple 'reload' on a couple movies, sometime that works. Or you could try using "fixed" v1.40 metadatautilities. Even though v1.37 works more or less I had some problems with it particularly with TV shows so I installed v1.40 which works much better. As long as you don't delete the cache v1.40 is the better choice. You can delete thumbnails just leave the cache. If you really must delete the cache just use v1.37 to get started then update. That cleared up most of my missing icon issues. I can't speak specifically about mpaa icons but I assume you are using US ratings where I on the other hand use Canadian ones. I did however notice a few old NC-17 that I hadn't changed weren't showing. That may or may not be related to the bug listed below? The errors suggest that may be the case. Do the white icons work or do neither coloured or white ones work? When I get a chance I'll see if I can reproduce you problem.

@latts9923 
I download the latest versions of all icon packs, media, studios and records labels, manually from your repo and unpacked the .xbt files along with the .xbt from the skin so I could add my icons. After scanning them I discovered a few non-ascii file names in them, there were 2 in one of them and about 20 in another. After removing the offending files, repacking the .xbt, then reinstalling them my setup (using metadatautilities v1.40) now runs much faster and smoother. But, of course, I had to perform the ritual dance in order to get the media icon pack to install, as usual.

Just thought you might like to know that a few bad file names have crept back in.

I don't know what your method is to check for bad file names? If you are familiar with or use "Bulk Rename Utility" it can be used to do a fast & easy scan for non-ascii characters. If you are interested let me know and I'll post the simple instructions?

@grimmace92 
OK, I did a quick check and ALL mpaa US ratings icon are working just fine for me. Sorry, you'll just have to do some old fashioned debuggering to fix it. But if you are still unsuccessful tell me what you've tried and I might be able to point you in the right direction.

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - grimmace92 - 2021-06-26

(2021-06-26, 18:32)Juan Mortyme Wrote: @grimmace92 
OK, I did a quick check and ALL mpaa US ratings icon are working just fine for me. Sorry, you'll just have to do some old fashioned debuggering to fix it. But if you are still unsuccessful tell me what you've tried and I might be able to point you in the right direction.
White Icon works.  Just the colored one doesn't.  Also noticed that on 4k movies specifically there are multiple icons missing.  When I try to install from Latts repo it fails with these lines from the log.  I was able to install manually though.  I'm seeing that references to that being a bad thing though.  I deleted the addon and reintalled and still same thing.

2021-06-26 13:29:21.683 T:3647992032   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for https://holybid.com/kodi/repo/resource.images.mediaicons.coloured/resource.images.mediaicons.coloured-0.1.5.zip:
2021-06-26 13:29:21.683 T:3647992032   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[resource.images.mediaicons.coloured]: failed to download special://home/addons/packages/resource.images.mediaicons.coloured-0.1.5.zip

(2021-06-26, 19:30)grimmace92 Wrote:
White Icon works.  Just the colored one doesn't.  Also noticed that on 4k movies specifically there are multiple icons missing.  When I try to install from Latts repo it fails with these lines from the log.  I was able to install manually though.  I'm seeing that references to that being a bad thing though.  I deleted the addon and reintalled and still same thing.

2021-06-26 13:29:21.683 T:3647992032   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for https://holybid.com/kodi/repo/resource.images.mediaicons.coloured/resource.images.mediaicons.coloured-0.1.5.zip:
2021-06-26 13:29:21.683 T:3647992032   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[resource.images.mediaicons.coloured]: failed to download special://home/addons/packages/resource.images.mediaicons.coloured-0.1.5.zip

@grimmace92 
Alrighty then, looks like the first thing you need is updated Latts' Repo.
If you still need them here are the "fixed" script.module.metadatautils-1.0.37 and script.module.metadatautils-1.0.40 
In the event you still can't get installed from Latts' Repo here is a "cleaned" and repacked version of resource.images.mediaicons.coloured-01.6.

The media icon packs have been a really troublesome addon to get installed correctly. If the update fails, which it most likely will follow thee steps. 1) Shut Kodi down. Clean out the temp  and packages folders in your addons directory. Try again to install either from repo or zip. if it works you're done, if not proceed to step two. 2) Repeat cleaning folders but this time delete the resource.images.mediaicons.coloured folder and contents as well. Try to install. And lastly if all else fails. 3) Repeat cleaning folders. Unzip the addon and copy it manually to your addons folder.

The only real down side of installing from zip or a forced manual install is with Matrix. Matrix will not give notifications if updates are available unless the addon is installed from a repo. Leia dose not have that "feature" or limitation.

So there you go. You now have the tools and knowledge. Use them wisely.

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - grimmace92 - 2021-06-27

(2021-06-26, 22:45)Juan Mortyme Wrote:
(2021-06-26, 19:30)grimmace92 Wrote:

@grimmace92 
If you still need them here are the "fixed" script.module.metadatautils-1.0.37 and script.module.metadatautils-1.0.40 
In the event you still can't get installed from Latts' Repo here is a "cleaned" and repacked version of resource.images.mediaicons.coloured-01.6.

The media icon packs have been a really troublesome addon to get installed correctly. If the update fails, which it most likely will follow thee steps. 1) Shut Kodi down. Clean out the temp  and packages folders in your addons directory. Try again to install either from repo or zip. if it works you're done, if not proceed to step two. 2) Repeat cleaning folders but this time delete the resource.images.mediaicons.coloured folder and contents as well. Try to install. And lastly if all else fails. 3) Repeat cleaning folders. Unzip the addon and copy it manually to your addons folder.

The only real down side of installing from zip or a forced manual install is with Matrix. Matrix will not give notifications if updates are available unless the addon is installed from a repo. Leia dose not have that "feature" or limitation.

Thanks!  Step 3 was the winner.  I had to manually unzip and copy it to my addons folder and then enable the addon.

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - Juan Mortyme - 2021-06-27

(2021-06-27, 04:52)grimmace92 Wrote:
(2021-06-26, 22:45)Juan Mortyme Wrote:
(2021-06-26, 19:30)grimmace92 Wrote: White Icon works.  Just the colored one doesn't.  Also noticed that on 4k movies specifically there are multiple icons missing.  When I try to install from Latts repo it fails with these lines from the log.  I was able to install manually though.  I'm seeing that references to that being a bad thing though.  I deleted the addon and reintalled and still same thing.

@grimmace92 

Thanks!  Step 3 was the winner.  I had to manually unzip and copy it to my addons folder and then enable the addon.

You are welcome. Glad to hear you got it working.

Most of the time step 2 works but it's always nice to know there is that final option. As you can probably tell we've all had our share of wrestling matches and battles of will with addons. That one in particular has a long and proud tradition of stubbornness, it's like the bratty child that just plain refuses to do as asked until you grab them by the ear and drag them kicking and screaming to their room.

Do yourself a favour, if you haven't already, grab the icon pack resource.images.mediaicons.coloured and metadatautilitirs-1.0.40 from my google drive (links in a previous post). Why, you may ask? Well,, a couple of reasons. First, I rid it of files of questionable character. Second, I think the version from Latts' repo is not compiled (no .xbt file) so I compiled it. After installing those addons I noticed an immediate increase in both speed and responsiveness of my Kodi installation. I previous doubted the advantages of using compiled texture files and used many in an uncompiled state to facilitate easy customization. But not any longer, I've see the light!

Enjoy.

Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - MB1968 - 2021-06-27

@Juan Mortyme

Thanks for your contributions. Very useful. I read everything, but don't have time yet to respond. I'm currently busy with reorganizing actor art. I'm done with actor images constantly disappearing, because the actor images every once in a while change on the TMDB website, resulting in dead links in my .nfo files and default actor images in the Video Dialogue Info screen.

I followed your suggestion in the MQ7 Matrix thread to save the actor images locally by using Media Companion. It's a very time consuming process, but thanks for that too.

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - latts9923 - 2021-06-27

@grimmace92
I just tried installing v0.1.6 of the Colored Media Icons from my repo and it downloaded and installed just fine. If you install the latest version of my repo it should work. I'm not sure why your colored MPAA icons will not display but the default white icons do.

@Juan Mortyme
Hmm...I thought I had cleaned out all the files with bad characters. I'll take a look at that utility...thanks for letting me know! So you had trouble installing the Colored Media Icons add-on from my repo as well?

@MB1968 

Thank you so much for the shout out and don't worry about not responding to every post. I myself stalked the forum silently for years as I tried different skins and slowly gathered knowledge.

I've tried dozens of skins starting back in the Kodi v16 days, many of which I really liked but alas there was inviably some feature lacking or development died out.  Eventually I settled on the MQ7 Multi Mod for several reasons not all of which are obvious. Of course this skin is loaded with eye candy and is very versatile allowing me to tweak it to my heats content. The fact it supports virtually all my favorite plugins like TV Tunes, Extended Info, Actress Art, Animated art, etc. factored high on my checklist.

However, and I've told @latts9923 this privately, the top 2 reasons I'm here are first and foremost his passion and commitment to his project. His openness to users suggestions and requests for new features is without equal. His attentiveness to the end users by taking the time to all answer all queries and assistance requests be they about simple settings or complicated coding issues is truly inspiring. I have never witnessed a condescending or even slightly rude response (some other developers should take note). In fact his most common response is, "thank you for pointing that out, the change will be included in the next update". The second reason is a direct result of the first. By maintaining such a high degree of professionalism and respect for users has a reciprocal effect resulting in an online 'community' I am proud to contribute to in my small way. If I can possibly lighten his load in the forum to free up more time for him to spend coding rather than manning the 'help desk' we will all benefit. I see this all the time with users stepping up to help solve other users problems and not relying on the developer to do it all.

So to make a short story long, I'll conclude by saying it is a sincere pleasure knowing I've helped and if I've made you smile via the small bit of humour I attempt to interject then my job here is done.

Take care.

(2021-06-27, 14:30)latts9923 Wrote: @grimmace92
I just tried installing v0.1.6 of the Colored Media Icons from my repo and it downloaded and installed just fine. If you install the latest version of my repo it should work. I'm not sure why your colored MPAA icons will not display but the default white icons do.

@Juan Mortyme
Hmm...I thought I had cleaned out all the files with bad characters. I'll take a look at that utility...thanks for letting me know! So you had trouble installing the Colored Media Icons add-on from my repo as well?
@latts9923 
Well I didn't directly install from repo. What I did was download with browser and tried to install from zip which failed and led me to do the scan. After booting out the the bad characters I compiled it and then it installed just fine.

@latts9923 

Here is the link for the Bulk Rename Utility and instructions on how to the non-ascii scan.

To remove files with non ascii file names use Bulk Rename Utility:
In "Box 12 \Mask" type: [^\x00-\x7F]   OR    [^[:ascii:]]
Be sure to have "Files" and "Regex" boxes checked.

It's a quite complicated looking program on first look but it's not as difficult as it looks. It's just there are so many options. It quickly became one of my 'must have' programs and I use it on almost a daily basis.

Cheers.

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - grimmace92 - 2021-06-28

(2021-06-27, 14:30)latts9923 Wrote: @grimmace92

@Juan Mortyme
Thanks Latts.  It would install but it didn't fix the MPAA icon issue.  Only when I manually copied it over did it get fixed.  All good now.  I did notice that I have some dvd videos that are mpeg-2 and there doesn't seem to be a colored icon for that one or its another issue.

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - MB1968 - 2021-06-28

(2021-06-27, 16:22)Juan Mortyme Wrote: @MB1968 
However, and I've told @latts9923 this privately, the top 2 reasons I'm here are first and foremost his passion and commitment to his project. His openness to users suggestions and requests for new features is without equal. His attentiveness to the end users by taking the time to all answer all queries and assistance requests be they about simple settings or complicated coding issues is truly inspiring. I have never witnessed a condescending or even slightly rude response (some other developers should take note). In fact his most common response is, "thank you for pointing that out, the change will be included in the next update".
Take care.

I totally agree with your kind words addressed to @latts9923. His willingness to help other members of this forum is unparalleled. We are just lucky. The best skin is being maintained by the nicest dev on the forum Wink

Take care too.

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - latts9923 - 2021-06-28

@Juan Mortyme
@MB1968
Thanks for the kind words fellas! It's nice to "work" with a great group of folks here on the forum. There are days when I just don't have time to monitor the forum, and fortunately there are plenty of knowledgeable people that don't mind rolling up their sleeves to try and help folks out.

And thanks for the notes on the utility...I'll give it a try!

@grimmace92
I can't think why the manual install would fix your MPAA problem...it should work the same whether you install from the repo or not. There is a color version of the MPEG-2 icon in the Colored Media Icons add-on. This may be the same glitch you had with the MPAA icons.

All,

I finally fixed the long-running problem in music viz where Kodi would freeze and die when trying to access the music settings while running a visualization. It will be part of the next update.