Kodi Community Forum
v18 Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v18 Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod (/showthread.php?tid=329255)

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - Juan Mortyme - 2022-01-05

@MB1968 

Our setups are different. I didn't realize you are using an Android device. I know zero about running Kodi on Android boxes, I only use Window 10 computers.

Please don't do anything that will stress or put your hardware at risk. I'd hate it if you killed your box acting on my suggestions. I'm sorry if I've wasted your time suggesting things you already know and/or have tried. Looks like you are way ahead of me trouble shooting your problem.

Alas, I'll shut up now and leave it to you and latts9923 to work it out.

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - Juan Mortyme - 2022-01-05

@latts9923 

After reviewing the behaviour of Actress Art in the Right List Movie View on MQ7 Leia compared to MQ7 Matrix I can report that the bug exists in both versions. See post in MQ7 Matrix thread.

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - MB1968 - 2022-01-05

(2022-01-05, 04:06)Juan Mortyme Wrote: @MB1968 

Our setups are different. I didn't realize you are using an Android device. I know zero about running Kodi on Android boxes, I only use Window 10 computers.

Please don't do anything that will stress or put your hardware at risk. I'd hate it if you killed your box acting on my suggestions. I'm sorry if I've wasted your time suggesting things you already know and/or have tried. Looks like you are way ahead of me trouble shooting your problem.

Alas, I'll shut up now and leave it to you and latts9923 to work it out.
Hey buddy, no need to be so "humble". You actually inspired me to install Kodi on my pc yesterday. Only for testing purposes.

I always read your posts with interest. You have a creative mind when it comes to solutions and I like that approach. I'm sure Latts will fix that studio icon issue in the end.

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - latts9923 - 2022-01-05

@MB1968
I would stop whatever you're currently doing and binge watch Dark. There are three seasons...it ended in 2020. You will NOT be disappointed!

I've done some testing with the TV Show studio problem you're having. I am using the same versions of Metadata (v1.0.37mod on my repo) and Skin Helper (v1.1.31) as Juan Mortyme. I added the shows Breaking Bad, Chernobyl and Dark to my Leia library. Scrolling from left to right in my library is Breaking Bad, Chernobyl and then Dark. I see the AMC icon (boxset and at the bottom of screen) for Breaking Bad, then it displays the HBO icon for Chernobyl (both) and then it displays Netflix (both) for Dark. I scrolled left and right multiple times and I just can't reproduce your problem. I did this test on my Windows (Krypton, Leia, Matrix) and Android (Leia) systems.

I will now try A Perfect Planet, Africa and Attenborough's Life in Colour.

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - MB1968 - 2022-01-05

(2022-01-05, 19:26)latts9923 Wrote: @MB1968
I would stop whatever you're currently doing and binge watch Dark. There are three seasons...it ended in 2020. You will NOT be disappointed!

I've done some testing with the TV Show studio problem you're having. I am using the same versions of Metadata (v1.0.37mod on my repo) and Skin Helper (v1.1.31) as Juan Mortyme. I added the shows Breaking Bad, Chernobyl and Dark to my Leia library. Scrolling from left to right in my library is Breaking Bad, Chernobyl and then Dark. I see the AMC icon (boxset and at the bottom of screen) for Breaking Bad, then it displays the HBO icon for Chernobyl (both) and then it displays Netflix (both) for Dark. I scrolled left and right multiple times and I just can't reproduce your problem. I did this test on my Windows (Krypton, Leia, Matrix) and Android (Leia) systems.

I will now try A Perfect Planet, Africa and Attenborough's Life in Colour.
Thanks for the advice. I just finished a very good Belgium thriller tv show (Salamander) and will start with Dark.

Thanks for testing. You'll probably only run into this issue when there's no icon available. for that specific tv show. Try this: give 2 or 3 shows a random studio name (bla bla) and let me know what you're seeing. A quick test that will save your time.

EDIT: You can stop testing. The issue with the tv studio icon disappeared immediately after installing the metadata mod addon from your repo! I'm so glad this is finally fixed.

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - Juan Mortyme - 2022-01-06

@MB1968 .
Glad to see you got it worked out. Frankly, it's a problem you should never have had. I just assumed that the fixed Metadata Utilities would be installed with the skin. it's been a known issue since the summer. If one goes back in the forum to July, I believe it was, there was a lengthily and at times very frustrating debugging process undertaken by a few of us just to diagnose this very issue. Resulting in a fixed metadata utilities v1.37 that solved the problem. It's hard to believe the original is still out there considering everyone knows it is broken.

@latts9923 
You might check to make sure the fixed metadata utilities script is the one installed by default when the skin is installed? I'm surprized to see it appeasers it's not or MB1968 wouldn't have had that problem. Maybe changing the skin dependency and fixed script version numbers would ensure the fixed version of the script gets installed. Might I suggest v1.50 or higher because there is a v1.40 and 1.41 floating around that even with the fix don't work properly, maybe even make it v2.00 so it won't get updated by accident.

ADDITIONAL INFO: My experience trying the fixed v1.40 was that it works fine provided you are just updating. However, it does not work if you are starting from scratch or after you delete the cache and/or thumbnails In either of those cases you must revert back to fixed v1.37.  I updated to fixed v1.40 and everything was just humming along until one day I deleted the cache and boom everything whet south. It wasn't till I rolled back to fixed 1.37 that things started working again. I know, go figure? I test a couple more times and the results were consistent. I am prone to deleting my cache and/or thumbnail regularly to fix other problems so for that reason I just stick with fixed v1.37 rather than switching back and forth. The only advantage I could see using v1.40 was a small increase in the speed online info was fetched but not enough faster to outweigh the hassle of constantly updating and rolling back. Bottom line, unless someone knows a really good reason not to I recommend sticking with fixed v1.37.

Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - MB1968 - 2022-01-06

You're absolutely right. To be honest, it was not my finest week at the forum.

I have no idea why that shitty version of the Metadata addon, has returned on my system. I have changed the version number of the modded addon into 999.1.0.37 in the past. I can only guess for now why I have reinstalled that shitty version. My mistake of course. I should have deleted metadata 1.0.3.7 from my backup folder immmediately last summer, instead of saving a copy.

My apologies for the inconvenience I caused.

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - latts9923 - 2022-01-06

@MB1968
Yes! I knew we'd get you going again. No worries bud...that's what we're here for. Gotta help each other out.

@Juan Mortyme
Metadata is installed by Skin Helper when you install the skin. If you have marcelveldt's repo installed, it will install v1.0.40. I'll ask Angelinas about this problem we're having with v1.0.40. I don't want to make a mod version of the add-on if he is going to continue to maintain it on Github.

(2022-01-06, 16:05)latts9923 Wrote: @Juan Mortyme
Metadata is installed by Skin Helper when you install the skin. If you have marcelveldt's repo installed, it will install v1.0.40. I'll ask Angelinas about this problem we're having with v1.0.40. I don't want to make a mod version of the add-on if he is going to continue to maintain it on Github.
From what I've read there is no longer support for the python 2 version since shortly after Matrix was released. That's why Angelinas stepped in and made the fix for version 1.37. But absolutely, check to make sure. If no other dependencies are required from marcelveldt's repo then maybe it should be removed from the "suggested" list, if you hasn't already? I've gotten so used to it I just install his repo by habit, I'll have to stop doing that.

(2022-01-06, 11:50)MB1968 Wrote: You're absolutely right. To be honest, it was not my finest week at the forum.

I have no idea why that shitty version of the Metadata addon, has returned on my system. I have changed the version number of the modded addon into 999.1.0.37 in the past. I can only guess for now why I have reinstalled that shitty version. My mistake of course. I should have deleted metadata 1.0.3.7 from my backup folder immmediately last summer, instead of saving a copy.

My apologies for the inconvenience I caused.
@MB1968 

No need to apologize. Actually I'm embarrassed I didn't think of checking that first thing. I totally broke one of the laws of debugging by not checking the simple most common thing first. Huge brain cramp on my part. Must be subconsciously blocking all the BS associated with that script.

I hope latts gets it worked out so v1.40 doesn't get installed automatically otherwise every fresh install of MQ7 & MQ8 for Krypton and Leia will be FUBAR. Who knows how many users have just dropped the skins because of this ongoing issue. I'm pretty sure only a very small percentage of users take time and make the effort to visit the forums to seek answers, it's easier to just move on and try a different skin.

I'm impressed to see you have backups. When I suggest installing a backup to check when something broke most people are like, "What??? What is this backup thing you speak of??? I'll tell you my way of making backups and reinstalling easier. What I do is use Kodi as a portable app. This way all the files are consolidated in a single folder. Then I just zip the entire folder. No need to track down files spread all over the computer. The other big advantage of a portable install is it allows for multiple versions to be run on a single computer.

Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - MB1968 - 2022-01-07

I have to admit I had completely forgotten metadata version 1.0.40 was causing issues. Maybe because I'm running 3 different Kodi installs on my Android Box. The official Matrix release and 2 Leia forks. Not as easy as a portable version on Windows but still handy for different needs.

I have a strong discipline in making and saving backups. Restoring from a backup is often much less time consuming than trying to find out what is causing issues.

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - latts9923 - 2022-01-07

@Juan Mortyme
@MB1968
I figured out the problem with v1.0.40. I asked Angelinas if he is still maintaining the Leia versions of the add-ons. If not, I will create a new version with the fix and upload it to my repo.

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - latts9923 - 2022-01-08

There is a new version (1.0.41) of Metadatautils available on my repo. This fixes the failure to update metadata when removing simplecache.db as well as the TheAudioDB API. Go to Add-ons and check for updates.

Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - MB1968 - 2022-01-08

Nice!

Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - MB1968 - 2022-01-10

Hi @latts9923, can you check if genre fanarts for movies and tv shows is still working for you? Broken on my side.