Kodi Community Forum
v18 Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v18 Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod (/showthread.php?tid=329255)

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - Juan Mortyme - 2022-03-02

@latts9923 

Thanks for the recent update.

One thing I immediately noticed is that on the TV Show Info screen the info is only displaying if there is character art to be displayed for that show.

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - latts9923 - 2022-03-02

@MB1968
1. Yes sir, I increased the width again. I'll have to move the stars and rating info over to the left some if I make it any wider so that it stays centered under the stars.

2. I fixed the problem with the fresh icon for RT. Open DialogVideoInfo.xml and find...
xml:

<control type="image">
<!-- RTCritic <60-74%-->
<description>Tomato logo Between 60-74% only</description>
<left>580</left>
<top>213</top>
<height>80</height>
<aspectratio align="left">keep</aspectratio>
<!--* MULTI MOD *-->
<visible>!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Rating(tomatometerallcritics)) + Integer.IsGreater(ListItem.Rating(tomatometerallcritics),5.9) + !Integer.IsGreater(ListItem.Rating(tomatometerallcritics),6.9)</visible>
<!--* MULTI MOD *-->
<texture>flags/ratingimages/fresh.png</texture>
</control>
Change 6.9 in the visible line to 7.4.

3. I am unable to reproduce the country flag problem. I'll try using the TV Show you have in the screenshot.

@Juan Mortyme
I am unable to reproduce this problem. I have tested multiple TV Shows with and without characterart. What is the name of a TV Show that fails to display the info for you?

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - Juan Mortyme - 2022-03-02

@latts9923 

You are correct in that when many without characterart are in fact working. I did a more in-depth test stating at the beginning of my library. These are the results:
24 - Works (has chacterart)
24 Legacy - Works (no characterart)
150 Stories That Shape BC - Did Not Work (no characterart)
Abandoned Engineering - - Did Not Work (no characterart)
the next half dozen all have characterart and work fine
America's Surveillance State - Did Not Work (no characterart)
American History's Biggest Fibs - Did Not Work (no characterart)
Aquaman King of Atlantis- Did Not Work (no characterart)

Anyway, by now I'm seeing a pattern. The one thing all the broken shows have in common is the lack of any characterart. So I performed an experiment. I dropped in a random characterart into each show's folder that wasn't working and they all immediately began working. I then removed the characterart I had just added and those same shows stopped working again.

You may still have the files I sent you for 150 Stories kicking around, it was an example I gave you while diagnosing a previous issue? If not I can repackage it for you.

BTW, this only effects the main show info screen and not episode info screen and is the case for both my Leia and Matrix installations as of the latest update. Same problem with same results.

EDIT: The issue seems to be in the DialogVideoInfo.xml. I copied the one from the previous update into this version and everything returned to normal. Just thought that little piece on info might help narrow it down.

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - MB1968 - 2022-03-02

(2022-03-02, 13:44)latts9923 Wrote: @MB1968
1. Yes sir, I increased the width again. I'll have to move the stars and rating info over to the left some if I make it any wider so that it stays centered under the stars.
Nice!

latts9923 Wrote: 2. I fixed the problem with the fresh icon for RT. Change 6.9 in the visible line to 7.4.
Thanks for the quick fix

latts9923 Wrote: 3. I am unable to reproduce the country flag problem. I'll try using the TV Show you have in the screenshot.
For testing purposes, you can create a fake S01E01.mkv file with Notepad++. I assume you're familiar with that trick?

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - Juan Mortyme - 2022-03-03

(2022-03-02, 23:50)MB1968 Wrote:
(2022-03-02, 13:44)latts9923 Wrote: For testing purposes, you can create a fake S01E01.mkv file with Notepad++. I assume you're familiar with that trick?
I keep a few short blank mp4 files and a variety of nfo templates handy.

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - latts9923 - 2022-03-07

@MB1968
Nice trick! I never thought about making a fake video with a text file. I have a fix for the country flag. You can fix this by opening DialogVideoInfo.xml and finding...
xml:

<control type="grouplist">
<left>329</left>
<top>280</top>
<width>53</width>
<height>40</height>
<align>left</align>
<visible>!String.IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Country)) + String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Awards)) + String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(characterart)) + [Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons)] + Skin.HasSetting(detail_info)</visible>
<orientation>horizontal</orientation>
<include>CountryFlags</include>
</control>
<control type="grouplist">
<left>329</left>
<top>310</top>
<width>53</width>
<height>40</height>
<align>left</align>
<visible>!String.IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Country)) + String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Awards)) + String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(characterart)) + [Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons)] + !Skin.HasSetting(detail_info)</visible>
<orientation>horizontal</orientation>
<include>CountryFlags</include>
</control>
Change the first top value from 280 to 310 and the second top value from 310 to 340.

Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - MB1968 - 2022-03-07

Fake files, or even a complete fake library can be handy for all sort of things. I'm currently reorganising all actor images. I prefer to store them locally instead of having weblinks in my .nfo.files. With Media Companion and a fake library I'm able to build future proof .nfo files, without harming my running .nfo files. Juan Mortyme explained recently how to store the actor images locally. Time consuming, but very useful.

The fix is working. Thanks a lot.

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - Juan Mortyme - 2022-03-09

(2022-03-07, 18:32)MB1968 Wrote: Fake files, or even a complete fake library can be handy for all sort of things. I'm currently reorganising all actor images. I prefer to store them locally instead of having weblinks in my .nfo.files. With Media Companion and a fake library I'm able to build future proof .nfo files, without harming my running .nfo files. Juan Mortyme explained recently how to store the actor images locally. Time consuming, but very useful.

The fix is working. Thanks a lot.
Just in case anyone missed my previous explanation or is interested in the couple new things I've learned since then I'll go over it again. As always, if I've missed or mistaken anything feel free to jump in and correct me.  

I've recently taken it a step further (see third method).

So, there are a couple options when it comes to storing actor images locally.

First method. The easiest is to just use individual .actors folder for each movie and show. Kodi should pick them up without having to modify the .nfo file:
Positives = (1) Simple to implement. (2) Should work on network shares (not tested). (3) Portability, if you change media source drive or folder the actor images will move along with your movies/shows since they are in the medias' home folder and should continue to work without having to make any changes. (4) Most external media management software will download and save actor thumbs to .actors folders for each movie/show automatically (Kodi scrappers may also do this?).
Negatives = (1) Requires more storage space which might become an issue. (2) Folders must be located in the home folder of each movie/show and named .actors. (3) Higher maintenance, more time and attention required when updating or adding new images.

Second method. Another option is using central Actor folder(s) with paths in the .nfo files:
Positives = (1) Less storage space. (2) Easy to update or add new images once the .nfo is modified. For instance, I add paths even for actors who I don't currently have a thumb for so if/when in the future I do find one I can just simply add it to the central folder(s) and it is immediately available without any further action needed. (3) Allows for use of multiple central folders with names and locations of your choice. I use this method to have my music video (Matrix only) and concert film casts use thumbs stored in my Artist Information folder and sporting events use a Players and Team Logos folder.
Negatives = (1) Time consuming initial switchover of large library. This can be mitigated with Notepad++ using it's ability to batch search and replace. (2) I could only get it to work on my network if I had identical image folders names and paths on all devises on the network. Auto-sync software can be deployed to assist with syncing network devices. (3) Media Companion is the only program I'm aware of that with automatically download actor thumbs to a central folder of your choice and add the appropriate path in the .nfo file. (4) Need to change all paths in .nfo files should you decide to change media source or central actor storage location. 

Third method. The method I currently prefer. Using the second method above along with a couple additional steps address the need for duplicate folders on network devices.
Positives = (1-3) above. (4) By using mapped network drives in conjunction with adding path substations for the actors thumb locations to my advanced setting I have eliminated the need for any additional actor thumbs other than the those scrapped and stored with Media Companion located on my host device (negative points 2 & 4 above solved).
Negative = (1) from above remains true as does (3) from above.

MODERATORS: If you feel this post is something that would benefit a wider audience you can duplicate it to a more obvious thread or copy it to the wiki at your pleasure.

Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - MB1968 - 2022-03-11

Thanks again for this useful information.

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - Uploadergt - 2022-03-16

I dont know is a issue but i have the fanart in extrafanart folder but the images stop cycling i dont know why. Please help@latts9923

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - wags1 - 2022-03-16

What device are you running on and where are your artist images stored? Take a look at your log to see if you can find any clues as to what is causing the problem.

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - Uploadergt - 2022-03-17

Thanks for response

Im using pc Windows 7 the log says
GET ERROR FIND EXTRAFANART but the folder is inside of the movie. I think the problem id the versión of metadatautilist im using

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - latts9923 - 2022-03-17

@Uploadergt
I have a fix for the extrafanart. It will be part of the next update. Thanks for letting me know!

RE: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - latts9923 - 2022-03-19

UPDATE #52 - This will update the skin to v1.0.5.3

Image Additions
  • I added a new button named "SHOW LESS MEDIA FLAGS" to the Top Menu under "VIEW OPTIONS/CHANGE VIEW". This controls the media flags for TV Shows. Thanks to Jumpy73 for the request!
  • I added two new videocodec options...Netflix Film and Netflix Series. Add these as extensions to your filename (e.g. ".netflix film.") to display the image. Thanks to nomnom27 for providing the images!
  • I added rating code to the Video Info screen to use the new Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes code added to Skin Helper and Metadatautils by Angelinas. There are also new versions of Skin Helper (1.1.32) and Metadatautils (1.0.44) on my repo. Make sure you enable the new RT and Metacritic settings for Metadatautils. They are located in the Metadata settings under "OTHER".

Image Bug fixes
  • The "SHOW DEFAULT FLAGS FOR SETS" button was not working for KodiFlix. Thanks to MB1968 for reporting this!
  • The fresh icon was not displaying in Video Info for the Rotten Tomato "tomatometerallcritics" rating in the NFO files for ratings between 7.0 and 7.4. Thanks to MB1968 for reporting this!
  • The language and subtitle flags were not displaying in widgets if you accessed the submenu.
  • The TV icon was displaying as the videocodec in Video Info for TV Shows regardless of the filename extension. Thanks to nomnom27 for reporting the bug!
  • The Country Flag image for TV Shows was displaying in the wrong position if the TV Show was missing awards info and characterart. Thanks to MB1968 for reporting the bug!
  • The Character Art Poster setting was not working in Video Info. Thanks to RCBodyslam for reporting the bug!
  • The labels for "Next Episode" and "Next Air Date" were showing the wrong text in KodiFlixTV.
  • The extrafanart images were not displaying if "EXTRA FANART" was selected in the Top Menu. Thanks to Uploadergt for reporting the bug!
  • The TMDb rating percent was not displaying for TV Shows if Skin Helper was being used.

ImageMaintenance
  • I adjusted the width of the rating and votes for Video Info to try and keep the text from scrolling. Thanks to MB1968 for the request!
  • I adjusted the size of the Italian MPAA ratings.

Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod - MB1968 - 2022-03-21

Thanks for the update and fixing some small bugs.