Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - knives of ice - 2019-10-25

is there any way to get inputstream to auto select the highest possible resolution like 4k hdr if availble or 1080p if that is what is available?  right now it seems to auto select 1080p no matter what.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - sptrheru - 2019-10-26

this add on stopped working since week ago on my device (Raspberry Pi 4), so i install Kodi and this add on in my windows 10 notebook, but i got same error.
i can browse any movie and tv shows, but when i try to play anything it just like nothing happen. i open netflix using chrome in my notebook and its nothing wrong, the video played.
this my kodi.log
https://paste.kodi.tv/vipacaxula.kodi

please help, thanks.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2019-10-26

(2019-10-26, 11:18)sptrheru Wrote: this add on stopped working since week ago on my device (Raspberry Pi 4), so i install Kodi and this add on in my windows 10 notebook, but i got same error.
i can browse any movie and tv shows, but when i try to play anything it just like nothing happen. i open netflix using chrome in my notebook and its nothing wrong, the video played.
this my kodi.log

please help, thanks.

seem that the addon fails to communicate with inputstream
maybe the communication port is not available occupied by other addons? try reinstalling the addon

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - sptrheru - 2019-10-27

(2019-10-26, 14:56)stefive83 Wrote:
(2019-10-26, 11:18)sptrheru Wrote: this add on stopped working since week ago on my device (Raspberry Pi 4), so i install Kodi and this add on in my windows 10 notebook, but i got same error.
this my kodi.log

please help, thanks.

seem that the addon fails to communicate with inputstream
maybe the communication port is not available occupied by other addons? try reinstalling the addon
I tried reinstall addon and libreelec but nothing work

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Dumyat - 2019-10-27

@"Stefive83"
Quick question.
When the chromium version of Microsoft Edge gets released, do you think it's likely 1080 HD and 4K will then work for Windows 10 devices?
Next Windows upgrade is due out on the 12th November, but won't ship with the final version of Edge, so looks like it's probably going to be early next year.
I downloaded the beta version a couple of days ago and enabled Widevine DRM, PlayReady DRM for Windows 10 and PlayReady Experimental HEVC Decoding options. Now getting 4K and full 1080 HD Netflix streams using this browser.....

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2019-10-27

(2019-10-27, 13:14)Dumyat Wrote: @"Stefive83"
Quick question.
When the chromium version of Microsoft Edge gets released, do you think it's likely 1080 HD and 4K will then work for Windows 10 devices?
Next Windows upgrade is due out on the 12th November, but won't ship with the final version of Edge, so looks like it's probably going to be early next year.
I downloaded the beta version a couple of days ago and enabled Widevine DRM, PlayReady DRM for Windows 10 and PlayReady Experimental HEVC Decoding options. Now getting 4K and full 1080 HD Netflix streams using this browser.....

M$ Edge always worked with 4K, is also written in the netflix specification,
the current problem with Widevine is that it does not allow a separate process for hardware video decoding so is all in one with the decryption
while with Playready can do it, the decryption is a separate process from hw decoding for this there is 4K support

would be a step forward if widewine coverge in a similar way to playready
however sooner or later it will be necessary a change by netflix or widewine, if the video streams in the future will have a higher quality and it will no longer be possible to continue with a software decoding ...
already now 1080P with high bitrate movies having a 4 core CPU fails to do the job well in scenes with high peaks of bitrate...

if M$ abandons PlayReady in favour of Widevine, then things will probably change faster because there will be no more 4K support through the browser

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Sholander - 2019-10-27

(2019-10-27, 18:39)stefive83 Wrote: already now 1080P with high bitrate movies having a 4 core CPU fails to do the job well in scenes with high peaks of bitrate...

Interesting thing about this on Amlogic boxes. Your addon works with old and new widevine versions (libwidevinecdm.so.4.10.1303.0 and libwidevinecdm.so.4.10.1440.18)
Using old (4.10.1303.0) version plays 1080p high bitrate streams up to 25Mbit/s without problem, and using new (4.10.1440.18) version it begins to skip frames with bitrates higher that 7-8Mbit/s. Also NF addon is the only one, using inputstream.adaptive that I know of, that works with old and new widevine module versions.
All above tested on Amlogic boxes running CoreElec 9.2.0/Kodi 18.4, 1080p on S922X and 720p on S912/S905X

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2019-10-27

(2019-10-27, 18:59)Sholander Wrote:
(2019-10-27, 18:39)stefive83 Wrote: already now 1080P with high bitrate movies having a 4 core CPU fails to do the job well in scenes with high peaks of bitrate...

Interesting thing about this on Amlogic boxes. Your addon works with old and new widevine versions (libwidevinecdm.so.4.10.1303.0 and libwidevinecdm.so.4.10.1440.18)
Using old (4.10.1303.0) version plays 1080p high bitrate streams up to 25Mbit/s without problem, and using new (4.10.1440.18) version it begins to skip frames with bitrates higher that 7-8Mbit/s. Also NF addon is the only one, using inputstream.adaptive that I know of, that works with old and new widevine module versions.
All above tested on Amlogic boxes running CoreElec 9.2.0/Kodi 18.4, 1080p on S922X and 720p on S912/S905X 
You can provide me a link to widewine 4.10.1303.0 for windows?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Sholander - 2019-10-27

(2019-10-27, 19:45)stefive83 Wrote:
(2019-10-27, 18:59)Sholander Wrote:

You can provide me a link to widewine 4.10.1303.0 for windows?     

Unfortunately no, I have only older linux-arm versions. You can ping Matt Huisman, he keeps current versions on this site, and I guess that he also keeps older versions in archive.

Or, you can extract it from an older (May or June when 4.10.1303.0 was active) Chrome version.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - EvenFlow - 2019-10-28

I just installed Netflix addon to my shield tv but I am only getting max 720p
I have Netflix premium account, Kodi leia 18.4 and most recent version of shield tv.

What I have done so far:
- Shield automatically added my ESN number but I tried manually adding as well
- Limit video stream to uhd4k
- Force support of HDCP 2.2 is on
- Enable HEVC profiles (4k...) is on
- Tried changing stream selection to manual but no change
- Tried override HDCP status and ignore display resolution to on

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - rob_l12 - 2019-10-28

(2019-10-28, 19:17)EvenFlow Wrote: I just installed Netflix addon to my shield tv but I am only getting max 720p
I have Netflix premium account, Kodi leia 18.4 and most recent version of shield tv.

What I have done so far:

As per an earlier post, this won't work with the Google Play Store release of Kodi, you have to use one of the nightlies, as they have the fix of the Shield.
I did this myself a couple of days ago, and it fixed it for me. But you DO have to enter the ESN yourself.

(2019-10-28, 19:33)rob_l12 Wrote:
(2019-10-28, 19:17)EvenFlow Wrote: I just installed Netflix addon to my shield tv but I am only getting max 720p

What I have done so far:

As per an earlier post, this won't work with the Google Play Store release of Kodi, you have to use one of the nightlies, as they have the fix of the Shield.
I did this myself a couple of days ago, and it fixed it for me. But you DO have to enter the ESN yourself.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

I’ll try the most recent nightly version from today (oct 28) and enter my ESN manually.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - MrMagic - 2019-10-28

You should install the latest Kodi 18.4 nightly from here: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android/arm64-v8a/Leia/

It contains a fix especially for Shield that fixes 1080p and 4K playback.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - zdriver300 - 2019-10-28

(2019-10-28, 20:49)MrMagic Wrote:
You should install the latest Kodi 18.4 nightly from here: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android/arm64-v8a/Leia/

I got the latest nightly build of kodi and of the netflix addon. It will do atmos and hdr no problem but nothing more than 720p.

I'm thinking I need to put in my esn. What do put in? Everything listed under esn including NFANDROID2-PRV-SHIELDANDROIDTV....ECT? OR JUST THE LONG STING OF NUMBERS AND LETERS.

Any other default settings that need to be clicked?

(2019-10-28, 21:49)zdriver300 Wrote:
(2019-10-28, 20:49)MrMagic Wrote:

I got the latest nightly build of kodi and of the netflix addon. It will do atmos and hdr no problem but nothing more than 720p.

I'm thinking I need to put in my esn. What do put in? Everything listed under esn including NFANDROID2-PRV-SHIELDANDROIDTV....ECT? OR JUST THE LONG STING OF NUMBERS AND LETERS.

Any other default settings that need to be clicked?

I updated to the nightly and I put entire ESN sequence starting from NFAN etc...... but now no shows starting, just spinning wheel. I have tried re-entering 5 times. What a pain in the $ss to type this. I am thinking it’s wrong if the show does not start.

Is there a way to copy and paste?