Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - lhassell - 2019-12-03

(2019-12-02, 23:42)Toozie Wrote:
(2019-12-02, 20:36)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2019-12-02, 19:33)Toozie Wrote: Done! new log attached... 

https://paste.kodi.tv/etufatiqam.kodi  

that file does not contain any verbal debugging
you did something wrong   
I enabled "Enable component-specific logging", do I need to do anything else to enable verbose messages?  
I enabled the verbose log. I don't see what is going wrong, but I can confirm all I got was audio. No video. Any suggestions?
https://paste.kodi.tv/azikedopeb.kodi

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2019-12-03

(2019-12-03, 02:50)lhassell Wrote:
(2019-12-02, 23:42)Toozie Wrote:
(2019-12-02, 20:36)CastagnaIT Wrote: that file does not contain any verbal debugging
you did something wrong   
I enabled "Enable component-specific logging", do I need to do anything else to enable verbose messages?       
I enabled the verbose log. I don't see what is going wrong, but I can confirm all I got was audio. No video. Any suggestions?
In InputStream Adaptive you have to set setting like this:
and in Expert page Turn OFF Pre-release features

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Toozie - 2019-12-03

Is it possible we've got the 32-bit installation of Inputstream-adaptive rather than 64-bit.  Is there a way to tell.  And does the Decrypter path matter?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - lhassell - 2019-12-04

(2019-12-03, 16:09)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2019-12-03, 02:50)lhassell Wrote:
(2019-12-02, 23:42)Toozie Wrote: I enabled "Enable component-specific logging", do I need to do anything else to enable verbose messages?       
Changed InputStream Adaptive settings to match your photo. Turned off pre-release. Restarted Kodi and still getting audio only. Should I send another log?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - proxymatt - 2019-12-04

Is there no resume after scanning into your library?

It has the icon, but just starts at the beginning without offering to resume.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2019-12-04

(2019-12-04, 03:37)lhassell Wrote:
(2019-12-03, 16:09)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2019-12-03, 02:50)lhassell Wrote: I enabled the verbose log. I don't see what is going wrong, but I can confirm all I got was audio. No video. Any suggestions?
Changed InputStream Adaptive settings to match your photo. Turned off pre-release. Restarted Kodi and still getting audio only. Should I send another log? 

I don't know what kind of problem your device has, usually is for a wrong configuration,
i don't know other remedies...

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Toozie - 2019-12-04

I've done a vanilla kodi reinstall and installed the latest Netflix release and it's working in 1080p, then I changed one setting which is always do, which is disable "Hardware Acceleration - MediaCodec (surface)" as I was always advised quality is slightly better without.  The Netflix Add-on stopped working, just got audio with no video.  I reactivated MediaCodec (surface) and it's working again.  Is there any reason this would prevent it from working?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - FarQuirkan - 2019-12-05

I'm in the process of trying one last time to get many Kodi issues sorted before scrapping the whole HTPC.
One that bothers me is the Netflix addon interface. I simply don't use Netflix because it is so hard to find anything in the text lists. And it seems there's bugger all content unless you know what you want and do a search.

Has anyone been able to work out how to display Netflix like the web browser using this addon?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - proxymatt - 2019-12-06

(2019-12-05, 23:21)FarQuirkan Wrote: Has anyone been able to work out how to display Netflix like the web browser using this addon?

Change the views.

I see Netflix content in the same way I see the rest of my Kodi content; a collection of posters.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - boblo - 2019-12-06

(2019-11-24, 17:40)CastagnaIT Wrote: Important notification to users for next update (0.16.0)

In the next update, among other improvements, there is an important change for the future of the add-on that will make many users complain, at least initially.

A separate watched status marks for each profile has been introducedWhat does that involve?
This means that any data stored by Kodi of a video played with a profile, will no longer be mixed with the other netflix profiles.

The side effect is that this cause a loss of all watched status marks you have currently saved.
But ONLY in the case you browse the lists WITHIN the add-on,
so NOT externally of the add-on like Kodi library, and, NOT in Netflix website.

For the moment i left the choice to the user to activate or not, this option,
you will be asked the choice at the first time you start the addon after the update.

You also can also return to the old method in real time (to temporarily restoring the existing watched status):
Go to add-on expert settings, by turning ON or OFF the "Keep watched status marks separate for each profile" option.

But remember that this choice i leave is TEMPORARY.
This is to give you time to take note of the videos already seen, and implement the change with less pain.
In future versions this change will be permanent! If you have not already made the change, you will no longer be able to recover the existing watched status.

This new version will be released i think in less than 7 days from today.
This is a notice you will have plenty of time to realize the change.
Hello,

Your plugin works like a charm on NVIDIA SHIELD TV but I have one feature request for a future version: please allow the export to the media library of a full directory like Library Integration Tool does. I would like to sync all online content in my media library, not just a few titles. My idea is to have all online content from several platforms (Netflix, Amazon, HBO) available in my media library.

Thanks

Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - tomasiek - 2019-12-06

It is rather impossible. It would force too many queries to the Netflix website, which would lead to account being blocked for some time.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - boblo - 2019-12-06

(2019-12-06, 12:21)tomasiek Wrote: It is rather impossible. It would force too many queries to the Netflix website, which would lead to account being blocked for some time.
But what about if I browse a lot of video categories and titles using the Netflix add-on on the same day? That is perfectly possible and would lead to an account blocking as well. I think there is some risk of ban only the first time that all content is synced. But for next updates, if the add-on only queries the Netflix servers for changed content only, I think this would be a safe approach. What do you think about this?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - stafio - 2019-12-07

I often have a problem when playing videos via this addon where either 1) the video freezes and the audio keeps playing or 2) the audio goes silent, but the video keeps playing. I haven't changed anything with the InputStream Adaptive settings, but I suspect doing so could possibly help. Has anyone else had this problem or have suggestions on how to fix this?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - boblo - 2019-12-07

I think I have found a cosmetic bug (maybe not just cosmetic). Note that when viewing a movie list, the wrong video category 'TV Shows' is shown instead of 'Movies'. See the following screenshot:

Library Integration tool detects this directory as a TV Show list, not as a Movie list. This bug is also present in the HBO Go addon (its developer already knows this).

Thanks

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2019-12-07

(2019-12-06, 12:08)boblo Wrote:
(2019-11-24, 17:40)CastagnaIT Wrote: Important notification to users for next update (0.16.0)

In the next update, among other improvements, there is an important change for the future of the add-on that will make many users complain, at least initially.

A separate watched status marks for each profile has been introducedWhat does that involve?
This means that any data stored by Kodi of a video played with a profile, will no longer be mixed with the other netflix profiles.

The side effect is that this cause a loss of all watched status marks you have currently saved.
But ONLY in the case you browse the lists WITHIN the add-on,
so NOT externally of the add-on like Kodi library, and, NOT in Netflix website.

For the moment i left the choice to the user to activate or not, this option,
you will be asked the choice at the first time you start the addon after the update.

You also can also return to the old method in real time (to temporarily restoring the existing watched status):
Go to add-on expert settings, by turning ON or OFF the "Keep watched status marks separate for each profile" option.

But remember that this choice i leave is TEMPORARY.
This is to give you time to take note of the videos already seen, and implement the change with less pain.
In future versions this change will be permanent! If you have not already made the change, you will no longer be able to recover the existing watched status.

This new version will be released i think in less than 7 days from today.
This is a notice you will have plenty of time to realize the change.
Hello,

Your plugin works like a charm on NVIDIA SHIELD TV but I have one feature request for a future version: please allow the export to the media library of a full directory like Library Integration Tool does. I would like to sync all online content in my media library, not just a few titles. My idea is to have all online content from several platforms (Netflix, Amazon, HBO) available in my media library.

Thanks   

The thing you propose is unmanageable it would involve a secure ban of the account,
there is already risk of ban by netflix with the current synchronization of library (and my list),
Netflix does not allow the extraction of large amounts of data

(2019-12-06, 14:43)boblo Wrote:
(2019-12-06, 12:21)tomasiek Wrote: It is rather impossible. It would force too many queries to the Netflix website, which would lead to account being blocked for some time.
But what about if I browse a lot of video categories and titles using the Netflix add-on on the same day? That is perfectly possible and would lead to an account blocking as well. I think there is some risk of ban only the first time that all content is synced. But for next updates, if the add-on only queries the Netflix servers for changed content only, I think this would be a safe approach. What do you think about this?  

It doesn't work exactly like this, the number of requests to be made to the server would be too high,
your idea involves too many risks for the whole community,
if you want to implement it you can create your own Fork at your own risk