Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - orenmi - 2020-01-20

(2020-01-20, 00:17)fructal Wrote: Kodi is installed on Android TV box, and I entered the ESN from LG TV (found in TV's About section or in Netflix app installed on the TV).

Install netflix on the tv box and get the number from that.
I think it will be different.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - carmatana - 2020-01-20

hello,

Is there any special thing to do in a Mac?

I installed it in FireTV (android) and everything is working ok so far (version 16.3)

But I also installed it in a Mac and it does not work. I set the resolution to 720p just to be in the safe side but did not help. When I pick a tv show or whatever it does nothing and Kodi becomes unresponsive

I think that the ESN thing only applies for Android.

Thanks for this addon and for the help

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Sholander - 2020-01-20

Netflix ESN-> Electronic Serial Number applies for all devices, no matter which OS is used. It's the way/number with which  NF identifies your device.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - fructal - 2020-01-21

Just a bit of clarification: my Android TV box is not netflix certified, hence it's able to play only Netflix in SD.
On the other hand my old-ish LG TV is Netflix certified, but it's a bit of a pain to use since it's interface is outdated and slow.

Upon seeing the option to enter ESN manually in Netflix addon on Kodi, I came to the idea to enter the legit ESN from the TV, to Netflix addon on Android TV box.

Is this even possible?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Sholander - 2020-01-21

It's possible, but useless as it will not work...
Btw, on which Android TV box are you trying to get NF working ?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - fructal - 2020-01-21

OK, thanks, so it was just my naive belief it would work. Smile
It's this one https://sites.google.com/view/droid-tv/pay-tv-provider/united-group-eon

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - HalfEmptY - 2020-01-21

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - proxymatt - 2020-01-22

(2020-01-21, 22:32)HalfEmptY Wrote: Just entering the full ESN did not fix the error for me, so I had to try something else. This worked for me.

I'm using NVIDIA Shield 2017, Netflix Addon 16.3 and Netflix ESN listed in Nvidia About Info

It worked perfectly for me; are you sure you got the full ESN? In Netflix there was a sneaky final letter on a third row for me that I missed the first time around.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - lhassell - 2020-01-22

I have been puttering around trying to figure out why my system isn't playing with Netflix. For the record, it's a 2015 ShieldTV. I completely removed the addon, rebooted, then reinstalled and logged in, then put in my ESN (double-checked).

I turned on the option to pop up errors on playback. I received this error: "User ID token master token serial number does not match master token serial number"

Here is the log: https://paste.kodi.tv/izegeyabec.kodi

Does anyone have an idea of a next step?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - HalfEmptY - 2020-01-22

(2020-01-22, 05:09)proxymatt Wrote:
(2020-01-21, 22:32)HalfEmptY Wrote: Just entering the full ESN did not fix the error for me, so I had to try something else. This worked for me.

I'm using NVIDIA Shield 2017, Netflix Addon 16.3 and Netflix ESN listed in Nvidia About Info

It worked perfectly for me; are you sure you got the full ESN? In Netflix there was a sneaky final letter on a third row for me that I missed the first time around.

Yes the full ESN. Hence the work around I described and used in my prior post in order to get it back working with 4K and Atmos.

Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - DarrenHill - 2020-01-22

@lhassell - your next step should be to go and actually read the forum rules (wiki) that you accepted and agreed to abide by when you signed up here. Your log is stuffed full of banned addons (wiki) which violate our piracy policy (wiki). This means that your device is not eligible for support here whilst they are in place.

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2020-01-22

(2020-01-22, 06:44)lhassell Wrote: I have been puttering around trying to figure out why my system isn't playing with Netflix. For the record, it's a 2015 ShieldTV. I completely removed the addon, rebooted, then reinstalled and logged in, then put in my ESN (double-checked).

I turned on the option to pop up errors on playback. I received this error: "User ID token master token serial number does not match master token serial number"

Here is the log: https://paste.kodi.tv/izegeyabec.kodi

Does anyone have an idea of a next step?

For this error: User ID token master token serial number does not match master token serial number

a new release is coming next days,
you can install the Daily update to fix it now without waiting the new addon release

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - boblo - 2020-01-22

(2020-01-17, 17:54)CastagnaIT Wrote: TO ANDROID USERS

Netflix is making changes in the management of android ESNs, therefore generic ESNs (without the numerical part)
seem that gradually will no longer be valid.

So whoever is affected will receive the error:
Request Failed validation during key exchange

At the moment the only attempt to solve the problem is read your device ESN
- on some devices the ESN can be displayed in the system information of operative system
- the others can read the ESN by opening the official app settings

then copy it in full lenght, to Addon expert settings > Manual ESN

we are working on it but it takes a long time,
when there will be news or tests, will be published in this post "issue":
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix/issues/421
Your method works (using a spanish non-premium account on Shield TV 2017 PRO). Thanks for the workaround.

I'd like to request a feature for the addon: please let the user choose if title lists are paginated or not. I'm using a addon to sync Netflix and other platforms into my library and the item 'Next Page' is synced too, when this entry is not actually a movie or TV show.
Thanks again.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - GenesisDH - 2020-01-22

(2020-01-22, 17:30)boblo Wrote: I'd like to request a feature for the addon: please let the user choose if title lists are paginated or not. I'm using a addon to sync Netflix and other platforms into my library and the item 'Next Page' is synced too, when this entry is not actually a movie or TV show.
Thanks again.
He already gave you that answer:
(2019-12-07, 16:59)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2019-12-06, 12:08)boblo Wrote: Hello,

Your plugin works like a charm on NVIDIA SHIELD TV but I have one feature request for a future version: please allow the export to the media library of a full directory like Library Integration Tool does. I would like to sync all online content in my media library, not just a few titles. My idea is to have all online content from several platforms (Netflix, Amazon, HBO) available in my media library.

Thanks   

The thing you propose is unmanageable it would involve a secure ban of the account,
there is already risk of ban by netflix with the current synchronization of library (and my list),
Netflix does not allow the extraction of large amounts of data

(2019-12-06, 14:43)boblo Wrote:
(2019-12-06, 12:21)tomasiek Wrote: It is rather impossible. It would force too many queries to the Netflix website, which would lead to account being blocked for some time.
But what about if I browse a lot of video categories and titles using the Netflix add-on on the same day? That is perfectly possible and would lead to an account blocking as well. I think there is some risk of ban only the first time that all content is synced. But for next updates, if the add-on only queries the Netflix servers for changed content only, I think this would be a safe approach. What do you think about this?  

It doesn't work exactly like this, the number of requests to be made to the server would be too high,
your idea involves too many risks for the whole community,
if you want to implement it you can create your own Fork at your own risk

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - boblo - 2020-01-23

(2020-01-22, 23:41)GenesisDH Wrote:
(2020-01-22, 17:30)boblo Wrote: I'd like to request a feature for the addon: please let the user choose if title lists are paginated or not. I'm using a addon to sync Netflix and other platforms into my library and the item 'Next Page' is synced too, when this entry is not actually a movie or TV show.
Thanks again.
He already gave you that answer:
(2019-12-07, 16:59)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2019-12-06, 12:08)boblo Wrote: Hello,

Your plugin works like a charm on NVIDIA SHIELD TV but I have one feature request for a future version: please allow the export to the media library of a full directory like Library Integration Tool does. I would like to sync all online content in my media library, not just a few titles. My idea is to have all online content from several platforms (Netflix, Amazon, HBO) available in my media library.

Thanks   

The thing you propose is unmanageable it would involve a secure ban of the account,
there is already risk of ban by netflix with the current synchronization of library (and my list),
Netflix does not allow the extraction of large amounts of data

(2019-12-06, 14:43)boblo Wrote: But what about if I browse a lot of video categories and titles using the Netflix add-on on the same day? That is perfectly possible and would lead to an account blocking as well. I think there is some risk of ban only the first time that all content is synced. But for next updates, if the add-on only queries the Netflix servers for changed content only, I think this would be a safe approach. What do you think about this?  

It doesn't work exactly like this, the number of requests to be made to the server would be too high,
your idea involves too many risks for the whole community,
if you want to implement it you can create your own Fork at your own risk
You've misunderstood me. Now I'm not asking for a feature to make a full export of an entire directory (I already understood the reason to avoid this). I'm asking for a setting to choose if the user wants list pagination or not. If this feature is too aggressive, could allow to choose among 50/100/150/200 results per page, for example. Amazon VOD has this setting (allows up to 250 results per page).