Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - knives of ice - 2020-01-23

if you are getting the ESN error here is the easiest way to fix it - if you are using an Android phone at least

find your ESN number.  take a picture of it.  download google lens from the play store on your phone.  with the google lens app it will recognize the text in the picture and you can copy/paste the numbers and put them into text.  then grab the settings file for the Netflix addon in kodi via the X-plore app.  open the settings file in notepad and copy/paste your ESN into the correct field.  re-copy the settings file back into your Kodi folder.  WIN.

this is the only way i could get it to work for me.  trying to copy/paste with a Kodi app like the Yatse remote or Shield remote app for some reason would never work.

The one thing I still can't get to work is for a show to auto playback in 4K.  it will playback in 1080p HDR, but it will not automatically playback in 4K no matter what setting I try.

Has anyone found anything that will auto pick 4K HDR on the Nvidia Shield?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2020-01-23

(2020-01-23, 00:49)boblo Wrote:
(2020-01-22, 23:41)GenesisDH Wrote:
(2020-01-22, 17:30)boblo Wrote: I'd like to request a feature for the addon: please let the user choose if title lists are paginated or not. I'm using a addon to sync Netflix and other platforms into my library and the item 'Next Page' is synced too, when this entry is not actually a movie or TV show.
Thanks again.
He already gave you that answer:
(2019-12-07, 16:59)CastagnaIT Wrote: The thing you propose is unmanageable it would involve a secure ban of the account,
there is already risk of ban by netflix with the current synchronization of library (and my list),
Netflix does not allow the extraction of large amounts of data

It doesn't work exactly like this, the number of requests to be made to the server would be too high,
your idea involves too many risks for the whole community,
if you want to implement it you can create your own Fork at your own risk
You've misunderstood me. Now I'm not asking for a feature to make a full export of an entire directory (I already understood the reason to avoid this). I'm asking for a setting to choose if the user wants list pagination or not. If this feature is too aggressive, could allow to choose among 50/100/150/200 results per page, for example. Amazon VOD has this setting (allows up to 250 results per page). 

the paging is a complex method which covers many aspects of the addon, then i will not make any changes

can be considered the choosing the number of results per page
but more results, more time is needed to process the data, not everyone uses fast devices
then we will need also to review the request method to try, if possible, to optimize it

will be put in the To do queue

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - boblo - 2020-01-23

(2020-01-23, 15:34)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2020-01-23, 00:49)boblo Wrote:
(2020-01-22, 23:41)GenesisDH Wrote: He already gave you that answer:
You've misunderstood me. Now I'm not asking for a feature to make a full export of an entire directory (I already understood the reason to avoid this). I'm asking for a setting to choose if the user wants list pagination or not. If this feature is too aggressive, could allow to choose among 50/100/150/200 results per page, for example. Amazon VOD has this setting (allows up to 250 results per page).      

the paging is a complex method which covers many aspects of the addon, then i will not make any changes

can be considered the choosing the number of results per page
but more results, more time is needed to process the data, not everyone uses fast devices
then we will need also to review the request method to try, if possible, to optimize it

will be put in the To do queue     
I don't understand why the implementation of choosing the number of results per page is not complex for you and enabling/disabling pagination is. Perhaps you didn't understand my request? With pagination disabled I mean that the addon would list a directory in one page (screen), for example all comedy movies, so there is no need to click the 'Next page' entry to view more results (this entry would not appear). IMHO I think the former is more complex than the latter although I don't know your code or Python language. But I appreciate your decision.

Thanks for considering my request.

PS. People with slow devices would be able to select less results per page. And people with faster devices (or more patience) would be able to select more results per page. That's the idea. As I said before, the Amazon VOD addon allows this (up to 250 results per page).

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - powermarcel10 - 2020-01-23

Hi guys, I'm having a lot of crashes using the up next addon in combination with the Netflix addon. (kodi 18.5) are there more people with this problem? I have tried to play with some settings, but cannot solve it.

When I'm back at home I will try to upload some logs. I'm getting an error message. But was wondering if I'm the only one..

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2020-01-23

(2020-01-23, 16:52)powermarcel10 Wrote: Hi guys, I'm having a lot of crashes using the up next addon in combination with the Netflix addon. (kodi 18.5) are there more people with this problem? I have tried to play with some settings, but cannot solve it.

When I'm back at home I will try to upload some logs. I'm getting an error message. But was wondering if I'm the only one..

If you have installed the latest Daily build version,
is mandatory to install the latest Up Next add-on version (version 1.1.0 or up)

Since the next release of Netflix add-on, will no longer be compatible with the old versions of Up Next add-on

so, is there a way to automatically pick the 4K stream if its available?  I can only get 4K streams to play if i choose the stream manually on my Shield

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - DoctorBR - 2020-01-24

(2020-01-23, 08:08)knives of ice Wrote: (...) open the settings file in notepad and copy/paste your ESN into the correct field. (...)

@knives of ice, what is the correct field to use?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - boblo - 2020-01-24

(2020-01-24, 04:25)DoctorBR Wrote:
(2020-01-23, 08:08)knives of ice Wrote: (...) open the settings file in notepad and copy/paste your ESN into the correct field. (...)

@knives of ice, what is the correct field to use?          
Open org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.netflix/settings.xml and search for the string '<setting id="esn">'. Put the Netflix code inside the XML tag and save the file. For example:
Code:
<setting id="esn">NFANDROID2-PRV- ... </setting>

I was able to paste the code in the Settings dialog box (without modifying the settings file) by using the scrcpy utility to control any Android device with your computer (root is not required). You can copy and paste anything you want between your computer and your device without errors, type with your computer keyboard, use your mouse... etc.
Hope this helps

Xiaomi Mi Box 3 (MDZ-16-AB) ESN - DoctorBR - 2020-01-24

(2020-01-24, 04:40)boblo Wrote: Open org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.netflix/settings.xml and search for the string '<setting id="esn">'. Put the Netflix code inside the XML tag and save the file. (...)
@boblo, thank you very much for responding. Smile
 Is this the string I should add the ESN to?
<setting id="esn" type="NFANDROID2-PVR-XIAOMIM12TRIAL-XIAOMMIBOX3" label="30034" value="" default=""/>

RE: Xiaomi Mi Box 3 (MDZ-16-AB) ESN - boblo - 2020-01-24

(2020-01-24, 06:08)DoctorBR Wrote:
(2020-01-24, 04:40)boblo Wrote: Open org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.netflix/settings.xml and search for the string '<setting id="esn">'. Put the Netflix code inside the XML tag and save the file. (...)
@boblo, thank you very much for responding. SmileIs this the string I should add the ESN to? <setting id="esn" type="NFANDROID2-PVR-XIAOMIM12TRIAL-XIAOMMIBOX3" label="30034" value="" default=""/>Image 
I don't have the 'type' property. Put the string as I said before, remove the 'type' property.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - knives of ice - 2020-01-25

(2020-01-23, 20:46)knives of ice Wrote: so, is there a way to automatically pick the 4K stream if its available?  I can only get 4K streams to play if i choose the stream manually on my Shield

Can someone please help me with this?  I can get 4k to play but only if I choose the stream manually.  I keep searching this thread and can't find the answer.  is there away or setting i'm missing so that the stream starts automatically at 4K if its available?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - MrMagic - 2020-01-25

(2020-01-25, 09:05)knives of ice Wrote:
(2020-01-23, 20:46)knives of ice Wrote: so, is there a way to automatically pick the 4K stream if its available?  I can only get 4K streams to play if i choose the stream manually on my Shield

Can someone please help me with this?  I can get 4k to play but only if I choose the stream manually.  I keep searching this thread and can't find the answer.  is there away or setting i'm missing so that the stream starts automatically at 4K if its available? 

In the Netflix addon settings make sure that at least "Enable HEVC profiles" is enabled. Also "Force support of HDCP 2.2" needs to be enabled.

In the InputStream Adaptive addon settings make sure that "Stream selection"  is set to Auto and both "Override HDCP status" and "Ignore Display Resolution" are enabled.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Nsx2050 - 2020-01-25

Any ideas on how to get 4K streams? The Enable HEVC Profiles options is greyed out for me

using an Nvidia Shield Pro 2019, normal app works fine for 4k

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - knives of ice - 2020-01-25

(2020-01-25, 12:42)MrMagic Wrote:
(2020-01-25, 09:05)knives of ice Wrote:

In the Netflix addon settings make sure that at least "Enable HEVC profiles" is enabled. Also "Force support of HDCP 2.2" needs to be enabled.

In the InputStream Adaptive addon settings make sure that "Stream selection"  is set to Auto and both "Override HDCP status" and "Ignore Display Resolution" are enabled.  

yeah, this results in a max stream of 1080p each time.  I don't understand why I read that whole section on Github.  Is anyone successfully getting streams to auto play in 4K on the Shield?

EDIT - nope IT WORKED!  maybe i didn't have it ticked one time but tried again and it worked.  awesome, thanks so much