Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - DoctorBR - 2020-01-26

(2020-01-24, 11:27)boblo Wrote: I don't have the 'type' property. Put the string as I said before, remove the 'type' property.

I was trying to add the ESN to the wrong Settings.xml file, but anyway, even adding the correct one, I still have the same error. Confused

I gave up and uninstalled the add-on. If it works again “easily” I will use it again. Undecided

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - boblo - 2020-01-26

(2020-01-26, 00:05)DoctorBR Wrote:
(2020-01-24, 11:27)boblo Wrote: I don't have the 'type' property. Put the string as I said before, remove the 'type' property.

I was trying to add the ESN to the wrong Settings.xml file, but anyway, even adding the correct one, I still have the same error. Confused

I gave up and uninstalled the add-on. If it works again “easily” I will use it again. Undecided   
Are you using more than one profile (in Kodi)? If not, the correct path is the one I mentioned before. Try the following:
1. Open a file explorer and delete the following directory: org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.netflix . This will remove all addon settings.
2. Reinstall the latest version of the addon (0.16.3). I suppose you already have your ESN in another file. If not, use Google Lens for that.
3. Enable ADB debugging and USB debugging in your TV box developer options. I guess you know how to do that.
4. Go to your computer, download and unpack the scrcpy utility I posted before.
5. Open a command prompt on your computer (text terminal), change to the scrcpy directory and type: adb connect IP_TO_YOUR_TV_BOX
6. Accept the access authorization that will appear on your TV box.
7. In your command prompt type: scrcpy -b2m -m1024 . Do not close the text terminal.
8. Open Kodi by using this remote control app (you can use your keyboard and mouse), go to the Netflix addon settings, click Expert > Manual ESN.
9. Copy your ESN to the computer clipboard, click in the text box to enter the ESN and press CTRL+V to paste it in that box. Click OK.
10. Login to your account and try again.

I hope this helps.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - HalfEmptY - 2020-01-26

I Will Post this again-
Liike others, Just entering the full ESN did not fix the error for me, so... I did this and it works.

I'm using NVIDIA Shield 2017, Netflix Addon 16.3 and Full Netflix ESN listed in Nvidia About Info

Android NVIDIA Shield users This will -temp fix the validation error

As I said, This worked for me.:
Important: make sure your full ESN appears in the Netflix addon settings, (because you are going to need that info to be listed in the settings.xml for this work around)

1.With a file explorer - Go into your
kodi/ userdata/addon_data/
And rename the folder (plugin.video.netflix) to something like (plugin.video.netflix1)

2 Restart Kodi and start the Netflix addon. Follow the directions for fist time use - enter your Email and Password ... Once the addon loads and you see your profiles Close Kodi.

3. With a file explorer- Go back into
kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.netflix.
You will see that some files are missing in there.

4. Go to your renamed Netflix folder (plugin.video.netflix1) and select SHOWS, (if you have shows in your Kodi Library). select DATABASE, MANIFEST.MPD, MANIFEST.JSON, MSL_DATA.JSON, LIBRARY.NDB2, and SETTINGS.XML. Copy those files to the new
plugin.video.netflix folder and restart Kodi.

Everything should be back working including 4K and Atmos.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - lhassell - 2020-01-27

(2020-01-22, 15:24)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2020-01-22, 06:44)lhassell Wrote: I have been puttering around trying to figure out why my system isn't playing with Netflix. For the record, it's a 2015 ShieldTV. I completely removed the addon, rebooted, then reinstalled and logged in, then put in my ESN (double-checked).

I turned on the option to pop up errors on playback. I received this error: "User ID token master token serial number does not match master token serial number"

Here is the log: https://paste.kodi.tv/izegeyabec.kodi

Does anyone have an idea of a next step?

For this error: User ID token master token serial number does not match master token serial number

a new release is coming next days,
you can install the Daily update to fix it now without waiting the new addon release 

Tried the daily. Still no love. Here is another log: https://paste.kodi.tv/kizuyaxayu.kodi

Hopefully this log will not offend those on high...

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2020-01-27

(2020-01-27, 06:53)lhassell Wrote:
(2020-01-22, 15:24)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2020-01-22, 06:44)lhassell Wrote: I have been puttering around trying to figure out why my system isn't playing with Netflix. For the record, it's a 2015 ShieldTV. I completely removed the addon, rebooted, then reinstalled and logged in, then put in my ESN (double-checked).

I turned on the option to pop up errors on playback. I received this error: "User ID token master token serial number does not match master token serial number"

Here is the log: https://paste.kodi.tv/izegeyabec.kodi

Does anyone have an idea of a next step?

For this error: User ID token master token serial number does not match master token serial number

you can install the Daily update to fix it now without waiting the new addon release  

Tried the daily. Still no love. Here is another log: https://paste.kodi.tv/kizuyaxayu.kodi

I just put a new DailyBuild please try it,
let me know

if the error persist:
please open a github issue with a good log, this has no info?!
see readme to see how to get a right log

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - lhassell - 2020-01-28

(2020-01-27, 10:26)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2020-01-27, 06:53)lhassell Wrote:
(2020-01-22, 15:24)CastagnaIT Wrote: For this error: User ID token master token serial number does not match master token serial number

I just put a new DailyBuild please try it,
let me know

if the error persist:
please open a github issue with a good log, this has no info?!
see readme to see how to get a right log 
Tried out today's daily. Still same error. This log should have all the debug info enabled: https://paste.kodi.tv/axodosezot.kodi

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Wagg - 2020-01-28

Any further update on getting Dolby Vision working with either the Fire TV Stick 4k or 2019 Shield Pro or is this never going to happen?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2020-01-28

(2020-01-28, 18:58)Wagg Wrote: Any further update on getting Dolby Vision working with either the Fire TV Stick 4k or 2019 Shield Pro or is this never going to happen?

i'm sorry but Dolby Vision has only been fixed in Kodi19

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Wagg - 2020-01-29

(2020-01-28, 22:08)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2020-01-28, 18:58)Wagg Wrote: Any further update on getting Dolby Vision working with either the Fire TV Stick 4k or 2019 Shield Pro or is this never going to happen?

i'm sorry but Dolby Vision has only been fixed in Kodi19

Well that’s good to know. Unfortunately not enough addons have migrated over yet but at least when it does it will be working properly.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - DoctorBR - 2020-01-29

Thank you @boblo and @lhassell for trying to help. And thanks @CastagnaIT for the new version (0.16.4). I'll try it today on my Xiaomi Mi Box 3 (MDZ-16-AB).

v0.16.4 (2020-01-28)
-Up Next is now supported only from version 1.1.0 and up
-Added czech language
-Added "because you liked" to recommendations menu
-Added Up Next install option
-Implemented Up Next feature, end time information
-Implemented Up Next feature, fast start next video
-Fixed the error "Request failed validation during key exchange"
-Fixed an issue that causing opening Up Next notification in wrong position
-Fixed html tags in profiles names
-Fixed STRM files resume workaround
-Fixed retrieving infolabels from library on python 3
-Managed user id token key expiration
-Manifest is saved to hdd with enabled verbose debugging only
-Updated de, es, hu, it translations
-Some minor changes, fixes

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - rob_l12 - 2020-01-30

(2020-01-29, 04:53)DoctorBR Wrote: Thank you @boblo and @lhassell for trying to help. And thanks @CastagnaIT for the new version (0.16.4). I'll try it today on my Xiaomi Mi Box 3 (MDZ-16-AB).

v0.16.4 (2020-01-28)
-Up Next is now supported only from version 1.1.0 and up
-Added czech language
-Added "because you liked" to recommendations menu
-Added Up Next install option
-Implemented Up Next feature, end time information
-Implemented Up Next feature, fast start next video
-Fixed the error "Request failed validation during key exchange"
-Fixed an issue that causing opening Up Next notification in wrong position
-Fixed html tags in profiles names
-Fixed STRM files resume workaround
-Fixed retrieving infolabels from library on python 3
-Managed user id token key expiration
-Manifest is saved to hdd with enabled verbose debugging only
-Updated de, es, hu, it translations
-Some minor changes, fixes
Where did you get that changelog from? I can't see it on Github, and in Kodi the changelog for the addon also only shows up as far as 16.2.

I'm looking at it because Kodi crashed while I was watching a Netflix show in it, and ever since, Kodi crashes on start up. I managed to get in quickly enough to disable the Netflix add-on, which has left Kodi stable again, but I'm not sure what to do about reinstalling the Netflix addon, as I'm not sure if it was the updated version that caused the problem or something totally unrelated. My Shield TV is saying the disabled version I've got is 0.16.4 - but I use Kodi every day, so I'd have expected it to have received 16.4 earlier than today based on the date in the changelog....

Thanks

(2020-01-30, 18:38)rob_l12 Wrote: Where did you get that changelog from? I can't see it on Github, and in Kodi the changelog for the addon also only shows up as far as 16.2.

I'm looking at it because Kodi crashed while I was watching a Netflix show in it, and ever since, Kodi crashes on start up. I managed to get in quickly enough to disable the Netflix add-on, which has left Kodi stable again, but I'm not sure what to do about reinstalling the Netflix addon, as I'm not sure if it was the updated version that caused the problem or something totally unrelated. My Shield TV is saying the disabled version I've got is 0.16.4 - but I use Kodi every day, so I'd have expected it to have received 16.4 earlier than today based on the date in the changelog....

Thanks 
Hm, OK, rolling it back to 0.16.3 didn't help, still get Kodi crashing on startup :-(

(2020-01-30, 18:41)rob_l12 Wrote:  

Well it's working again having uninstalled and reinstalled the add-on, so no idea what happened there Undecided

Still curious about the changelog though :-)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - robofunk - 2020-01-30

(2020-01-30, 20:37)rob_l12 Wrote:
(2020-01-30, 18:41)rob_l12 Wrote:  

Well it's working again having uninstalled and reinstalled the add-on, so no idea what happened there Undecided

Still curious about the changelog though :-) 

You can see it in the addon xml. https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix/blob/master/addon.xml

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - DoctorBR - 2020-01-30

(2020-01-30, 20:37)rob_l12 Wrote: Still curious about the changelog though :-)

@rob_l12, I copied the changelog from here:

https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix/commit/f00104830245363a8d7f47235fbc8fc05cc761f8

By the way, version 0.16.4 on my Xiaomi Mi Box 3 (MDZ-16-AB) is only running movies in 540 SD. About 30 days ago I was able to get 1080p without a problem. What a shame! Sad