Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2020-03-02

(2020-03-02, 01:43)blazin912 Wrote: Ok I feel dumb.. 

Windows 10
Widevine latest installed
Leia 18.5

Netflix shows 540p for most of what I want to watch

I've tried numerous settings and can't get input over 540p for things like Avengers, Batman Begins, Men in Black, Terminator Salvation, Godzilla .. I dunno not all things I want to watch, but it seems random? Now it looks like some content is in 1080p The forbidden kingdom, Triple Frontier, A.X.L., Lego Marvel Super heroes..

Is this based on studio?? What the hell is going on?

It is right, but is not random and is not a problem of this addon
some content is allowed at 1080P but others are limited by Netflix itself

we must refer to this document
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23742
in to "Google Chrome" specs

is clearly written "Up to... res."
so resolutions are not always guaranteed

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - fvisagie - 2020-03-02

(2020-03-01, 17:14)CastagnaIT Wrote: ...
SO BEFORE ENABLING THIS FEATURE
is most important read this WIKI pageWIKI - Synchronisation of watched status with Netflix

Many thanks for this!

Could you explain how this step in the How to manually change state watched section works:
Quote:Using it several times you will also have the possibility to restore the watched status of Netflix.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - inian - 2020-03-02

(2020-03-02, 15:24)CastagnaIT Wrote:

Windows 10
Leia 18.5

I've tried numerous settings and can't get input over 540p for things like Avengers, Batman Begins, Men in Black, Terminator Salvation, Godzilla .. I dunno not all things I want to watch, but it seems random? Now it looks like some content is in 1080p The forbidden kingdom, Triple Frontier, A.X.L., Lego Marvel Super heroes..

Hello

I have the same problem on Odroid N2 with CE
This is not resolution availability problem - the same movies that are available only 540p with the addon are playing 1080p when using Netflix client on my PS4

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Essam31 - 2020-03-03

@CastagnaIT When I tried to install the Netflix add-on from your matrix branch on the latest nightly for Kodi 19 win64 could not install it unless I modified "addon.xml" for "script.module.inputstreamhelper-0.4.4" and "script.module.addon.signals-0.0.5" to "xbmc.python" version="3.0.0" and installed them manually first.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2020-03-03

(2020-03-02, 22:21)inian Wrote:
(2020-03-02, 15:24)CastagnaIT Wrote:

Windows 10
Leia 18.5

Hello

I have the same problem on Odroid N2 with CE
This is not resolution availability problem - the same movies that are available only 540p with the addon are playing 1080p when using Netflix client on my PS4 

people stop to compare Official Netflix Apps with this add-on, this add-on works with the features of the website, has no implementation of corporate agreements

as i said before we refer to what's written in the link i provided

therefore we are and will always be limited to it

In the ours cases Netflix applies various restrictions/limits for resolutions, which depend on several factors:
- Type of DRM used
- Type of Browser used (we have adopted Chrome for compatibility)
- Type of Operative System used
- Type of ESN which depends on the previous mentionated points (and also on the device hardware and tv/monitor specs)
- In addition high resolutions are not always guaranteed on browsers, therefore also in the addon can not always available

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - ClippyBeer - 2020-03-03

Windows 10
Leia 18.5

Yes it is based on studio (Disney etc.).  They will restrict playback to SD on platforms that are NOT L3 Widevinecmd.  You will need official Netflix app from Windows store or Edge browser to view these titles in 1080p.

https://github.com/asciidisco/plugin.video.netflix/issues/184

Certain Android platforms have L3 Widevine as part of the OS itself and can play 1080p titles in Kodi/Netflix.  It's a DRM issue.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - ClippyBeer - 2020-03-03

Where does Netflix store it's login credentials when you have Auto Login enabled? I'm having this problem where everytime I want to use the Netflix plugin I have to enter my login despite having Auto Login enabled.  When I try to play a Netflix title from my Favorites I get this error:

After logging in I can play from Favorites or the Netflix plugin with no issues.  Yes I've gone into Netflix's settings and purged in memory and on disk cache, issue still persists, Auto Login setting is ignored.
My platform: Windows 10 Pro x64 1903, Kodi Leia 18.3, Netflix 0.14.6, Inputstream Adaptive 2.3.22

Netflix plugin is working beautifully for me so I don't want to update, just want to fix auto login.

Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Son_Of_Diablo - 2020-03-03

Hello,

I'm wondering, are content availability tied to the ESN (or something like that)?

I was watching Bojack Horseman earlier on my computer, but when I moved to Kodi (Libreelec on a RPi4 if that has any effect) I can't find it.
Neither in "Continue watching", "Netflix Originals" or by searching. (though a Bojack Horseman Christmas special did show up under Netflix Originals)

EDIT
Ugh... Never mind, I was just stupid... Didn't notice I had "Hide Watched" turned on...

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - MrMagic - 2020-03-04

(2020-03-01, 17:14)CastagnaIT Wrote: The synchronization of the watched status of the videos with Netflix!

If you enable it, all previous watched status and progress will be replaced by those on your real Netflix account, until you disable this feature again.
Will there be a way to "migrate" the watched status from Kodi to Netflix first before enabling the new feature?

Because I'm currently watching most Netflix shows through Kodi so my Netflix watch statuses are way behind Smile

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2020-03-05

(2020-03-03, 10:40)Essam31 Wrote: @CastagnaIT When I tried to install the Netflix add-on from your matrix branch on the latest nightly for Kodi 19 win64 could not install it unless I modified "addon.xml" for "script.module.inputstreamhelper-0.4.4" and "script.module.addon.signals-0.0.5" to "xbmc.python" version="3.0.0" and installed them manually first.

currently there are some conflicting ideas among developers about how to proceed with Kodi 18/19 versions and python compatibility
therefore we will have to wait for the final decisions
Quote:Will there be a way to "migrate" the watched status from Kodi to Netflix first before enabling the new feature?
The system does not allow it

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - rob_l12 - 2020-03-05

(2020-03-05, 11:29)CastagnaIT Wrote: The system does not allow it

It doesn't? Isn't it just an extended case of the sync process?

(2020-03-05, 11:42)rob_l12 Wrote:
(2020-03-05, 11:29)CastagnaIT Wrote: The system does not allow it

It doesn't? Isn't it just an extended case of the sync process? 

no,
it is not possible to make migrations of the already existing "watched states" that Kodi assigns in his local database to netflix server,
the process of assigning of the "watched status" to netflix server is very-very-complex,
so this possibility is absolutely excluded

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - rob_l12 - 2020-03-05

(2020-03-05, 18:46)CastagnaIT Wrote: no,
it is not possible to make migrations of the already existing "watched states" that Kodi assigns in his local database to netflix server,
the process of assigning of the "watched status" to netflix server is very-very-complex,

So in that case does that mean the sync process won't actually be a sync process? I think you're saying that you can only 'sync' from Netflix to Kodi and not the other way round?

(2020-03-05, 19:37)rob_l12 Wrote:
(2020-03-05, 18:46)CastagnaIT Wrote: no,

So in that case does that mean the sync process won't actually be a sync process? I think you're saying that you can only 'sync' from Netflix to Kodi and not the other way round?    

The synchronization means that the addon is able to receive and send data of the status watched (from and to netflix server - two way mode)
Kodi -> Netflix server
Netflix server -> Kodi

this system is a complex system that cannot be used together the Kodi standard "watched status" system

then the "watched status" of the previous videos currently marked inside Kodi will be all excluded (replaced by the watched status you have in your real netflix account)

it is not possible to send the previous existing "marked as watched" videos from standard "watched status" Kodi system to Netflix "watched status" system
are two different things not compatible

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - matxanh - 2020-03-06

hi all,
I have read and found my problem for several days but still cannot solve my problem.my device is xiaomi mi box 3 mdz-18-aa and L3 Widevine.I've tried numerous settings and can't get input over 540p for all. Is this my device only get 960x540p streams from the Netflix servers? 
thanks and sry my eng not good