Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - dibotto - 2020-03-19

(2020-03-19, 18:41)Sholander Wrote:
(2020-03-19, 17:18)dibotto Wrote:
(2020-03-19, 17:02)Sholander Wrote: What device ? On most only software decoding is available with this addon.  

wetek play 2  
AFAIK only software decoding on that box is possible with this addon. 
So in order not to have shots I have to set the resolution to 720p in the addon setting?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Sholander - 2020-03-19

(2020-03-19, 20:17)dibotto Wrote:
(2020-03-19, 18:41)Sholander Wrote:
(2020-03-19, 17:18)dibotto Wrote: wetek play 2  
AFAIK only software decoding on that box is possible with this addon.  
So in order not to have shots I have to set the resolution to 720p in the addon setting? 
Yes. If you need perfect (software decoded) 1080p resolution with this addon, get a Box/SBC with S922X SoC, and install CoreElec/Kodi on it...

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - vitocorl - 2020-03-20

(2020-03-18, 18:05)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2020-03-18, 16:37)vitocorl Wrote: On Mi Box 3 S, Android 9, background services are not starting at all. I have uninstalled the plugin (deleting all settings), re-installed and the same problem occurs. Is there any way to start background services manuallyHuh

Provide debug log follow instruction in the Readme: https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix/  
Sorry to bring that up again, but did you have the chance to look at my log yet? (https://paste.kodi.tv/hitunigizu.kodi)
Edit: I opened the case at Github Issues, i guess that was what you were trying to tell me to do...

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - vitocorl - 2020-03-20

(2020-03-20, 11:29)vitocorl Wrote:
(2020-03-18, 18:05)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2020-03-18, 16:37)vitocorl Wrote: On Mi Box 3 S, Android 9, background services are not starting at all. I have uninstalled the plugin (deleting all settings), re-installed and the same problem occurs. Is there any way to start background services manuallyHuh

Provide debug log follow instruction in the Readme: https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix/   
Sorry to bring that up again, but did you have the chance to look at my log yet? (https://paste.kodi.tv/hitunigizu.kodi)
Edit: I opened the case at Github Issues, i guess that was what you were trying to tell me to do... 
I finally reached at thee most curious solution, i thought to clear the thumbnail cache of Kodi, went into  Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails and deleted every folder in it...
I then restarted Kodi and Netflix backround services stared normally! I cannot explain it further, i am thinking a corrupted thumbnail was preventing the services from starting....

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - JNRW - 2020-03-23

I hope someone can help me. I love this Netflix add-on and have used it for a good while with total success on my Windows box running 18.6.
I have persuaded my 84 year old female friend (who is housebound due to the lockdown here in Spain) to use it also. Unfortunately I am unable to do this for her so I have tried to do it with her via the phone. To her credit she has installed the repo v. 1.0.0 from the zip file and has installed the Netflix add-on. She has an Android box running 18.5. She has signed up to Netflix and has entered her credentials after first opening the add-on and has added some desired streams to her “My List”.
The problem is there is no moving video just sound, which persists even after stopping the stream and going back even to the Kodi home page.
Am I missing some other setting adjustment? I feel a bit awkward as she has paid her subscription and has no use yet.
I would welcome any help and apologise for the long post.

Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - jimkaf - 2020-03-23

Thanks for this great add-on, actually works way better than the official Netflix app on my mi box 3. Also love the export to Kodi library feature, works like a charm.

Only suggestion would be if you'd consider adding a "flatten seasons" option for the TV shows.

Thanks again for your efforts and for maintaining this.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Reckoner89 - 2020-03-24

When I export content to my library, it doesn't show the same info that my local content shows such as episode/movie length, and all the info flags that show like the resolution, audio codec, video codec etc. This information shows when browsing within the addon, just not once it's in my library. Is there a way to get this information to display or is this a limitation of the addon?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - boblo - 2020-03-28

(2020-03-01, 17:14)CastagnaIT Wrote: ! IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR THE NEW RELEASE !

The new release (1.0.0) will be released approximately in the next week,
and brings with it a very large number of changes and fixes under the hood in order to implement/introduce for the first time,
The synchronization of the watched status of the videos with Netflix!The new feature
The feature for the synchronization of the watched status, is still in TEST and it will be for an undefined time
because it is a very complicated feature to implement,
it is working but sometimes it is not very stable and there are some flaws.

SO BEFORE ENABLING THIS FEATURE
is most important read this WIKI pageWIKI - Synchronisation of watched status with Netflixto avoid filling pages of post with requests for help and unuseful complaints

This wiki page explains in short:
- HOW USE it
- The currents LIMITATIONS
- The UNRESOLVED PROBLEMS

Improved auto-configuration for android users
In addition to this, has been introduced an improved auto-configuration system,
in this way the add-on is able to self-configure for the android 4K capable devices,
the new android users will be happy.
(this auto-configuration can also be run manually from expert settings)

Add-on compatibility problems with Kodi versions (18.x - 19.x)
In the next updates of Kodi 19.x the Kodi developers have made it impossible to install add-ons designed for Kodi 18,
this does not even save add-ons that are compatible with both versions.

Then for users that using Kodi 19.x, you will be warned that the addon is not compatible with the version of Kodi in use and may happen that the add-on will be disabled.

To solve this problem, i will create a new repository to allow to install the add-on on Kodi 19.x.
When available the new repository link will be published in the GitHub Read Me.
I think after you will force the add-on update, you can use it without losing any data.

I hope you will enjoy
Hi @CastagnaIT , 2 things to consider:

1) I have already submitted the new message strings file for the spanish language to GH, but you don't have committed it to the repo yet.

2) I have realized that you have modified the method for browsing and getting information from streams. The new method is a lot faster than the old one (included in versions 0.16.x), but I cannot sync my Kodi library any more with this method, because I got banned for 24 h when synchronizing an entire directory with Library Integration Tool and Netflix add-on version 1.1. I've never had any problems with old versions of your add-on (0.16.x), even synchronizing contents every day. I already know I'm misusing this add-on, and I'm doing this at my own risk, but keep in mind this side effect could lead in a temporary ban for users who are using the export feature of your add-on. If there was a small risk with the old method, I think this risk is even higher with the new one. So please consider going back to the old method (slower but safer).

Thanks and I hope you and your family are fine.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2020-03-30

(2020-03-28, 14:09)boblo Wrote:
(2020-03-01, 17:14)CastagnaIT Wrote: ! IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR THE NEW RELEASE !

The new release (1.0.0) will be released approximately in the next week,
and brings with it a very large number of changes and fixes under the hood in order to implement/introduce for the first time,
The synchronization of the watched status of the videos with Netflix!The new feature
The feature for the synchronization of the watched status, is still in TEST and it will be for an undefined time
because it is a very complicated feature to implement,
it is working but sometimes it is not very stable and there are some flaws.

SO BEFORE ENABLING THIS FEATURE
is most important read this WIKI pageWIKI - Synchronisation of watched status with Netflixto avoid filling pages of post with requests for help and unuseful complaints

This wiki page explains in short:
- HOW USE it
- The currents LIMITATIONS
- The UNRESOLVED PROBLEMS

Improved auto-configuration for android users
In addition to this, has been introduced an improved auto-configuration system,
in this way the add-on is able to self-configure for the android 4K capable devices,
the new android users will be happy.
(this auto-configuration can also be run manually from expert settings)

Add-on compatibility problems with Kodi versions (18.x - 19.x)
In the next updates of Kodi 19.x the Kodi developers have made it impossible to install add-ons designed for Kodi 18,
this does not even save add-ons that are compatible with both versions.

Then for users that using Kodi 19.x, you will be warned that the addon is not compatible with the version of Kodi in use and may happen that the add-on will be disabled.

To solve this problem, i will create a new repository to allow to install the add-on on Kodi 19.x.
When available the new repository link will be published in the GitHub Read Me.
I think after you will force the add-on update, you can use it without losing any data.

I hope you will enjoy
Hi @CastagnaIT , 2 things to consider:

1) I have already submitted the new message strings file for the spanish language to GH, but you don't have committed it to the repo yet.

2) I have realized that you have modified the method for browsing and getting information from streams. The new method is a lot faster than the old one (included in versions 0.16.x), but I cannot sync my Kodi library any more with this method, because I got banned for 24 h when synchronizing an entire directory with Library Integration Tool and Netflix add-on version 1.1. I've never had any problems with old versions of your add-on (0.16.x), even synchronizing contents every day. I already know I'm misusing this add-on, and I'm doing this at my own risk, but keep in mind this side effect could lead in a temporary ban for users who are using the export feature of your add-on. If there was a small risk with the old method, I think this risk is even higher with the new one. So please consider going back to the old method (slower but safer).

Thanks and I hope you and your family are fine.  

1) No release is planned shortly, language updates will be added at the time of release. Just in case a PR is sent, and it does not require a thorough check, the merge will be performed shortly.
2) The method of operation of the library has not been changed since last year, there might just be a few fixes.
If external addons force the nf addon to perform extra operations are not problems taken into account, this addon is not developed to be handled by other addons.
If other addons provide some API integration, you can think about integrating the functionality, depending on how useful it is, and how many people in the whole community are interested in it.

---

for the last two weeks now we have been obliged to stay locked up at home
you can only go out for work (if certified and with permission) or to buy food
fortunately we are fine

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2020-03-30

(2020-03-24, 04:23)Reckoner89 Wrote: When I export content to my library, it doesn't show the same info that my local content shows such as episode/movie length, and all the info flags that show like the resolution, audio codec, video codec etc. This information shows when browsing within the addon, just not once it's in my library. Is there a way to get this information to display or is this a limitation of the addon?
Exports content is in STRM files and this files do not provide this informations

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Hyperborei - 2020-03-30

Hello CastagnaIT,

do we have any information regarding Netflix HD quality on various boxes (S905X2...)? Is there any chance it could go on HD like HBO Kodi addon. Currently maximum resolution that I could make on Netflix is 960x540.

Kind regards!

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - boblo - 2020-03-31

(2020-03-30, 13:44)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2020-03-28, 14:09)boblo Wrote:
(2020-03-01, 17:14)CastagnaIT Wrote:  
1) No release is planned shortly, language updates will be added at the time of release. Just in case a PR is sent, and it does not require a thorough check, the merge will be performed shortly.
2) The method of operation of the library has not been changed since last year, there might just be a few fixes.
If external addons force the nf addon to perform extra operations are not problems taken into account, this addon is not developed to be handled by other addons.
If other addons provide some API integration, you can think about integrating the functionality, depending on how useful it is, and how many people in the whole community are interested in it.

---

for the last two weeks now we have been obliged to stay locked up at home
you can only go out for work (if certified and with permission) or to buy food
fortunately we are fine    
2) It's strange. I'm pretty sure that version 1.1 is much faster than 0.16.x fetching stream information because a whole directory is processed at 3x or 4x 'normal' speed, and every time I have used this version of your add-on for syncing my library I got banned for 24 h. Believe me, I'm not mistaken because I have performed these tests at least three times with the same Internet connection and same version of Library Integration Tool. If conditions are the same and I get different results with different versions of your add-on, then your add-on is the key. I repeat, I didn't have any problems with old version 0.16.4 using the same connection and performing intensive updates daily. You already said in the past that there is a small risk when syncing the 'My List' directory with the Kodi library, and I think there could be a higher risk for users who are using the 'Export' feature of your add-on. I recommend testing the export feature again to have peace of mind. Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for a solution from you, I just want to let other users of your add-on know about this issue. FYI: I've contacted Netflix support and the support agent told me they have an automated system to temporary ban any IP address making 'weird' things with an account and/or login attempts. Fortunately there are NO more severe measures (such as a permanent ban), at least in my country (don't know about others).

----

I'm glad to hear this. I have some friends in Genoa. We had a 'semi-quarantine' 2 weeks ago with a mandatory confinement for all citizens but we could go to work. Currently we are in the same situation as your country since today and we cannot go to work either and can only perform essential activities. Come on!

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Sholander - 2020-03-31

(2020-03-30, 19:51)Hyperborei Wrote: Hello CastagnaIT,

do we have any information regarding Netflix HD quality on various boxes (S905X2...)? Is there any chance it could go on HD like HBO Kodi addon. Currently maximum resolution that I could make on Netflix is 960x540.

Kind regards!
I don't think that you can compare HBO to NF addons, as former is hardware decoded, and later is software decoded.

To run NF addon with higher resolution you need a box with decent CPU power and an operating system that is optimized to run Kodi, which Android certainly is not.
If you can install CoreElec on your box, that is the way to go. Boxes with S905X and S912 SoC on CoreElec can run NF addon and get 1280x720p streams without problems. Some boxes with S905X2 can even run 1920x1080p streams, although not those with very high bitrate, usually documentaries...

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - linzh3054 - 2020-03-31

(2020-03-31, 13:12)Sholander Wrote:
(2020-03-30, 19:51)Hyperborei Wrote: Hello CastagnaIT,

Kind regards!
I don't think that you can compare HBO to NF addons, as former is hardware decoded, and later is software decoded.

To run NF addon with higher resolution you need a box with decent CPU power and an operating system that is optimized to run Kodi, which Android certainly is not.
If you can install CoreElec on your box, that is the way to go. Boxes with S905X and S912 SoC on CoreElec can run NF addon and get 1280x720p streams without problems. Some boxes with S905X2 can even run 1920x1080p streams, although not those with very high bitrate, usually documentaries... 
hello Sholander, 

as i understand CoreElec is linux based KODI release.
it seems i can only get 540P resolution if i run NF addon on a AOSP widevine L3 box. is it possible to get 720p on a AOSP box?

Thanks

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Sholander - 2020-03-31

(2020-03-31, 14:30)linzh3054 Wrote: hello Sholander, 

as i understand CoreElec is linux based KODI release.
it seems i can only get 540P resolution if i run NF addon on a AOSP widevine L3 box. is it possible to get 720p on a AOSP box?

Thanks 
Yes, CE is Linux based, and Kodi 18.5 runs perfect on stable CE 9.2.1 version.
I cannot say nor guarantee if your box will be able to run 720p NF streams. Good thing is that you can try it without loosing anything from Android, as CoreElec is installed on uSD card.
I get 720p NF streams on my S905X and S912 boxes (both have widevine L3 in Android) without problem. Your box, if you can install CE on it, should have no problems as it uses S905X2 SoC...
Also, on my both mentioned boxes HBO-Go addon works perfect in 1080p resolution.