Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - linzh3054 - 2020-04-01

(2020-03-31, 18:10)Sholander Wrote:
(2020-03-31, 14:30)linzh3054 Wrote: hello Sholander, 

as i understand CoreElec is linux based KODI release.
it seems i can only get 540P resolution if i run NF addon on a AOSP widevine L3 box. is it possible to get 720p on a AOSP box?

Thanks 
Yes, CE is Linux based, and Kodi 18.5 runs perfect on stable CE 9.2.1 version.
I cannot say nor guarantee if your box will be able to run 720p NF streams. Good thing is that you can try it without loosing anything from Android, as CoreElec is installed on uSD card.
I get 720p NF streams on my S905X and S912 boxes (both have widevine L3 in Android) without problem. Your box, if you can install CE on it, should have no problems as it uses S905X2 SoC...
Also, on my both mentioned boxes HBO-Go addon works perfect in 1080p resolution. 
Hi Sholander, 
Thanks for your reply. maybe i didn't make myself understood. 
i have a S912 box, i have also succeed to get 720p NF streams if i boot to CoreElec 9.2.1. However, i don't want to switch my system to CE
i wants to run KODI on android system. so my question is: is it possible to get 720p NF streams if i run KODI on a AOSP box?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - linzh3054 - 2020-04-01

(2020-04-01, 05:56)linzh3054 Wrote:

it seems i can only get 540P resolution if i run NF addon on a AOSP widevine L3 box. is it possible to get 720p on a AOSP box?

Thanks 
I cannot say nor guarantee if your box will be able to run 720p NF streams. Good thing is that you can try it without loosing anything from Android, as CoreElec is installed on uSD card.
I get 720p NF streams on my S905X and S912 boxes (both have widevine L3 in Android) without problem. Your box, if you can install CE on it, should have no problems as it uses S905X2 SoC...
Also, on my both mentioned boxes HBO-Go addon works perfect in 1080p resolution.   
Hi Sholander, 
Thanks for your reply.  

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Sholander - 2020-04-01

(2020-04-01, 05:56)linzh3054 Wrote:

Thanks 
Hi Sholander, 
i have a S912 box, i have also succeed to get 720p NF streams if i boot to CoreElec 9.2.1. However, i don't want to switch my system to CE
i wants to run KODI on android system. so my question is: is it possible to get 720p NF streams if i run KODI on a AOSP box? 
No.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - gujal - 2020-04-02

(2020-04-01, 05:56)linzh3054 Wrote: Hi Sholander, 

For Netflix addon to work in Android, the Android device must have Widevine support. Install DRMInfo app from the playstore and see if it shows Widevine DRM support. Widevine Level 3 is good enough to do 720p as long as the CPU is capable of decoding. There is no hardware aceleration possible for Netflix unless it has Level 1 Widevine support.  If there is no Widevine supported on the Android S912 box, then the only way is to run CoreElec to gain Widevine Level 3 capability

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - gdogg371 - 2020-04-04

I'm assuming I'm asking a stupid question, but here goes...the option 'Enable HEVC profiles (4k for Android/HDR/DolbyVision)' is shaded out in the Netflix addon...I'm running Windows 10 with an NVIDIA 750 Ti GPU and an an Intel I7-5960X CPU...

...I'm getting the impression from doing some further reading that I need something like a Fire TV Android box with Kodi and Netflix installed on it to watch it 4k. Is that correct?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Yoram - 2020-04-04

Hello.
Kodi on rpi3 running leia 18.4.
Netflix starts and crash over and over giving black screen for 2 sec and resume playing .
Tried to uninstall and reinstall few times, changed versions (1.1.1 and lower) but no luck.
Two weeks ago the addon was perfect and work with no issue at all .

Any ideas or help how to solve this pls ?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - gujal - 2020-04-04

(2020-04-04, 02:08)gdogg371 Wrote: I'm assuming I'm asking a stupid question, but here goes...the option 'Enable HEVC profiles (4k for Android/HDR/DolbyVision)' is shaded out in the Netflix addon...I'm running Windows 10 with an NVIDIA 750 Ti GPU and an an Intel I7-5960X CPU...

You need atleast 1050Ti with 3GB VRAM to do Netflix 4K in windows. And that too only with Netflix Windows App or Edge Browser.
Not possible in Kodi as Kodi relies on widevine and there is no L1 widewine for Windows. You can get 1080p software decoding with the CPU that you have, but not 4K

(2020-04-04, 14:48)gujal Wrote:
(2020-04-04, 02:08)gdogg371 Wrote: I'm assuming I'm asking a stupid question, but here goes...the option 'Enable HEVC profiles (4k for Android/HDR/DolbyVision)' is shaded out in the Netflix addon...I'm running Windows 10 with an NVIDIA 750 Ti GPU and an an Intel I7-5960X CPU...

You need atleast 1050Ti with 3GB VRAM to do Netflix 4K in windows. And that too only with Netflix Windows App or Edge Browser.
Not possible in Kodi as Kodi relies on widevine and there is no L1 widewine for Windows. You can get 1080p software decoding with the CPU that you have, but not 4K 

Hi - thanks for replying. How about if I bought something like a Fire TV box. Would that be acceptable hardware to access 4K? That appears to be the case with the Amazon Prime app...

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - LongMan - 2020-04-05

@CastagnaIT,

Thanks for your work in maintaining and extending this addon. It is truly appreciated.

I am not sure if you are aware, but there has been a project to allow Kodi to aggregate media from multiples sources into the library.
This could be from

Another Kodi instance acting as a UPnP Server

A Media Server, Plex, Emby and Jellyfin are currently supported

Online sources via a plugin, which is the next step.

The Project is called MediaImport and been under development for some time with a thread here. The developer, Montellese, has started a Wiki to provide some guidance in developing a mediaimporter addon.

As the concept of exporting to the Kodi library is already present in your addon, it would be greatly appreciated if you could take a look to see how you could extend your addon to support it.

Any Feedback that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
LongMan

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - gujal - 2020-04-05

(2020-04-04, 14:55)gdogg371 Wrote:
(2020-04-04, 14:48)gujal Wrote:

Hi - thanks for replying. How about if I bought something like a Fire TV box. Would that be acceptable hardware to access 4K? That appears to be the case with the Amazon Prime app...  
Yes, nVidia Shield TV or Amazon Firecube are L1 widevine certified devices and netflix should play in 4K under Kodi

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - JNRW - 2020-04-05

(2020-03-23, 16:59)JNRW Wrote: I hope someone can help me. I love this Netflix add-on and have used it for a good while with total success on my Windows box running 18.6.
I have persuaded my 84 year old female friend (who is housebound due to the lockdown here in Spain) to use it also. Unfortunately I am unable to do this for her so I have tried to do it with her via the phone. To her credit she has installed the repo v. 1.0.0 from the zip file and has installed the Netflix add-on. She has an Android box running 18.5. She has signed up to Netflix and has entered her credentials after first opening the add-on and has added some desired streams to her “My List”.
The problem is there is no moving video just sound, which persists even after stopping the stream and going back even to the Kodi home page.
Am I missing some other setting adjustment? I feel a bit awkward as she has paid her subscription and has no use yet.
I would welcome any help and apologise for the long post.

Hi. It is disappointing not to have received any help. That is most certainly not a complaint merely an observation. We live in peculiar times. Further research has told me that the device in question, Beelink GT King, does not support Netflix except up to 540 resolution. My question now is, how do I even get that as I cannot get any sort of stable stream? I must be missing a setting. Both Media Codecs are enabled.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Yoram - 2020-04-05

(2020-04-04, 11:11)Yoram Wrote: Hello.
Kodi on rpi3 running leia 18.4.
Netflix starts and crash over and over giving black screen for 2 sec and resume playing .
Tried to uninstall and reinstall few times, changed versions (1.1.1 and lower) but no luck.
Two weeks ago the addon was perfect and work with no issue at all .

Any ideas or help how to solve this pls ?

Any help friends?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Kodlex - 2020-04-05

Did someone try to use Netflix in combination with an VPN to brake the geo block?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Klojum - 2020-04-05

(2020-04-05, 19:40)Kodlex Wrote: Did someone try to use Netflix in combination with an VPN to brake the geo block?

We have a VPN policy (wiki) here. This is not an advisory forum on how to circumvent any type of geo locking.