Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Sholander - 2020-05-17

(2020-05-17, 15:39)CastagnaIT Wrote: New release 1.3.0 is out
Hi, I updated from 1.2.2 to 1.3.0 on my Odroid N2 (CoreElec 9.2.2/Kodi 18.6) and addon works fine; no login or playback problems, but when ever I start a TV episode from beginning or from a resume point I get this error:

The stream then starts and plays normally without any errors. The error does not appear when starting/resuming a movie...

What can I do to avoid/fix this error ?

Edit: Fixed the error by disabling Library Auto update option for TV shows

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - joseph. - 2020-05-17

(2020-05-17, 16:56)joseph. Wrote: The first time I open the Netflix add-on after a fresh install I'm able to login just fine but can't play any content. (error:"Entity used incorrect entity authentication data type").
When I close Kodi and re-open it I can't even access the add-on as "Background services do not start due to the following error: Entity used incorrect entity authentication data type".
Log: egesiboxud (paste)
Hope you can help me.
Never mind, I managed to solve my own issue.
For anybody that might be having the same issue: I just had to manually enter my ESN, disable and re-enable the netflix plugin.
Many thanks to the developer.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2020-05-18

(2020-05-17, 16:56)joseph. Wrote: The first time I open the Netflix add-on after a fresh install I'm able to login just fine but can't play any content. (error:"Entity used incorrect entity authentication data type").
When I close Kodi and re-open it I can't even access the add-on as "Background services do not start due to the following error: Entity used incorrect entity authentication data type".
Hope you can help me.
can you paste here the first part (without final numbers) of ESN of your official NF app?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - mind12 - 2020-05-18

(2020-05-17, 18:42)listem Wrote: Hi CastagnaIT ,
RPI 3 KODI 18.6
Regional Hungarian
Yesterday the 1.22 version Worked fine yet.
Today Updated fine version 1.3
Login was success .
for my saved list i get unicode error.
ERROR: [plugin.video.netflix (0)] IPC callback raised exception: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 3: ordinal not in range(128)
uninstall , reinstall but the same

thanks any help

Same happened here even with 1.3.1.
Reverted to 1.22 and logged out to get it working again. Disabled auto-update for now.
Kodi.log

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - joseph. - 2020-05-18

(2020-05-18, 09:41)CastagnaIT Wrote:
Hope you can help me.
can you paste here the first part (without final numbers) of ESN of your official NF app? 
No worries, I fixed the issue already. Again, many thanks for your work.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2020-05-19

(2020-05-18, 20:58)joseph. Wrote:
(2020-05-18, 09:41)CastagnaIT Wrote:
Hope you can help me.

I need to see if i need to correct an ESN composition issue
so if you can write the official nf ESN thanks

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - joseph. - 2020-05-19

(2020-05-19, 09:47)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2020-05-18, 20:58)joseph. Wrote:
(2020-05-18, 09:41)CastagnaIT Wrote: can you paste here the first part (without final numbers) of ESN of your official NF app?  

I need to see if i need to correct an ESN composition issue
so if you can write the official nf ESN thanks 

Yes, sure! It's: NFANDROID2-PRV-UZW4010TIMSKIPPERV2-TECHNTIM=BOX-7411

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Gerdei0826 - 2020-05-19

Hi Everyone!

I have a problem whit plugin. I use it normally but now I cant..
UnicodeEncodeError message when I would like to play anything..
in log: UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 3: ordinal not in range(128)
I do nothing.. i dont understand.
Help me, please!
kodi.log
kodi.log

Thanks..

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Gerdei0826 - 2020-05-19

(2020-05-19, 21:01)Gerdei0826 Wrote: Hi Everyone!

in log: UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 3: ordinal not in range(128)
Help me, please!
kodi.log
kodi.log

Thanks..

Ok, just write when I woud like to open series (denying access to season folder) ...

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - mind12 - 2020-05-19

(2020-05-19, 21:53)Gerdei0826 Wrote:
(2020-05-19, 21:01)Gerdei0826 Wrote: Hi Everyone!

Help me, please!
kodi.logkodi.log

Thanks..

Ok, just write when I woud like to open series (denying access to season folder) ... 

Just read back a few comments to have a resolution. (Hint: Go back to release 1.22)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2020-05-20

there were some problems in releases 1.3.0 and 1.3.1, do the update to 1.3.2

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - mind12 - 2020-05-21

(2020-05-20, 08:44)CastagnaIT Wrote: there were some problems in releases 1.3.0 and 1.3.1, do the update to 1.3.2

Thank you for the update, it's working.

Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Dexxy - 2020-05-21

Thanks. Work ok.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - TechLife - 2020-05-22

I'm trying to use JSON commands from my integration controller to control Kodi. I have most everything working. I am stumped on Netflix though.

I have a command that will open the app which is:
Code:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Addons.ExecuteAddon","params":{"addonid":"plugin.video.netflix","params":{"command":"activate"}},"id":1}
In AeonNox, it will open directly to my user account without asking who I am which is ideal. So I pulled the code I could find from Aeon and came up with this:
Code:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Addons.ExecuteAddon","params":{"addonid":"plugin.video.netflix?switch_profile_guid=MYNETFLIXUSERIDFROMAEON","params":{"command":"activate"}},"id":1}

Unfortunately this does nothing.  I can't figure out how to feed it the user variable

I don't have a deep understanding of JSON, so if someone can help correct my syntax, that would be awesome.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - t123thomas - 2020-05-22

Hi I'm new to this thread, first I wan t appreciate the work of the developer of this addons, I have been using for the past few weeks, so far I did not experienced any issue. My question is there plan in the future to include download feature  as I will love to download some movies & TV shows files saved in my NAS for watch in future or as when I have not access to internet. Although Netflix official addon have feature to download, but the download file format can not be play by Kodi or Vlc.

Thanks for your efforts