Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Germeleon - 2018-10-13

One more thing: It seems that the Netflix addon does not save the subtitle settings. I have to switch back on the subtitles everytime I watch.

Do you need a log for this, too?

And sorry for my bad english, folks Wink.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Wagg - 2018-10-14

So does 4k and or HDR not work with this at all? Whenever I try I get a green screen no matter what.

(sorry if this is a repost- you can't search for "4k or HDR").

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Yamelia - 2018-10-15

(2018-05-21, 05:07)tantrum080 Wrote: Same here, it installs but script.module.pycryptodome is unavailable

Hi, I have the same problem, it just says : "The dependency  on script.module.pycryptodome version" and I can't install further.
I'm on Raspberry Pi 3 KODI, OSMC June 2018 2018.06-1
Did you find a solution ?

Thank you

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - hansolo77 - 2018-10-15

I just installed this addon and subscribed to my free trial of Netflix.  On my PC, I can stream an episode of "Disenchantment" (latest Simpsons spawn) perfectly fine, 1080p, 6-channels.  When I try to play the same episode on my Raspberry Pi 3 B+, I'm having all kinds of sync issues.  The video is really slow and sometimes up to 5 seconds behind the audio.  Somebody will say something and then a noise reaction happens, then the video catches up to it much later.  I'm not sure what settings to check.  I have a home server running Emby, and I can stream the same type of content (1080p BluRay files with 8-channel audio) just fine.  I know it's not a bandwith issue because I was able to play the stream on my PC, from the same network.  Is there something I forgot to check?  Some setting?  I'm just lost here.  I can make the steams play, that's not my problem.  It's the audio/video sync.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - jrod10133 - 2018-10-15

delete

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - docwra - 2018-10-15

(2018-10-15, 06:41)hansolo77 Wrote: I just installed this addon and subscribed to my free trial of Netflix.  On my PC, I can stream an episode of "Disenchantment" (latest Simpsons spawn) perfectly fine, 1080p, 6-channels.  When I try to play the same episode on my Raspberry Pi 3 B+, I'm having all kinds of sync issues.  The video is really slow and sometimes up to 5 seconds behind the audio.  Somebody will say something and then a noise reaction happens, then the video catches up to it much later.  I'm not sure what settings to check.  I have a home server running Emby, and I can stream the same type of content (1080p BluRay files with 8-channel audio) just fine.  I know it's not a bandwith issue because I was able to play the stream on my PC, from the same network.  Is there something I forgot to check?  Some setting?  I'm just lost here.  I can make the steams play, that's not my problem.  It's the audio/video sync.
 I'm not sure the raspberry pi is powerful enough with software decoding to play Netflix HD. You can test by manually selecting a lower bitrate stream in the inputstream addon settings.

(2018-10-15, 10:49)jrod10133 Wrote: hey how do i get 1080p on the nvidia shield tv with kodi 18 beta3 i keep getting 480p and some 720p
 I'm not sure about 1080p, inputstream selects the best stream available usually. Check the Add-on settings.

Out of interest, did you have to manually enter theNetflix ESN id string in the addon settings or did it just work? I've yet to get it working on my Nvidia Shield.

(2018-10-14, 19:20)Wagg Wrote: So does 4k and or HDR not work with this at all? Whenever I try I get a green screen no matter what.

(sorry if this is a repost- you can't search for "4k or HDR").
 I don't think 4K works yet.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - ashlar - 2018-10-15

(2018-10-11, 22:04)essam315 Wrote:
(2018-10-11, 14:38)ashlar Wrote: Anybody using this in Windows that could tell me if 1080p playback is provided? What about multichannel audio?
Yes, 1080p playback is provided but not for every movie or TV show, stand on the movie title and look at the bottom right corner and you will see the resolution which the movie will be played in it.

Thanks! What about multichannel audio?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - essam315 - 2018-10-15

(2018-10-15, 13:06)ashlar Wrote:
(2018-10-11, 22:04)essam315 Wrote:
(2018-10-11, 14:38)ashlar Wrote: Anybody using this in Windows that could tell me if 1080p playback is provided? What about multichannel audio?
Yes, 1080p playback is provided but not for every movie or TV show, stand on the movie title and look at the bottom right corner and you will see the resolution which the movie will be played in it.

Thanks! What about multichannel audio?  
 Yes, multichannel audio is provided.

Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - vbat99 - 2018-10-15

The raspberry pi software decoder Netflix so it is recommended to limit inputstreamadaptive to 720p Max. Pi 3b+ can do this OK, older models may require a bit of over clocking.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Germeleon - 2018-10-15

(2018-10-15, 18:55)vbat99 Wrote: The raspberry pi software decoder Netflix so it is recommended to limit inputstreamadaptive to 720p Max. Pi 3b+ can do this OK, older models may require a bit of over clocking.
 Is it possible that the inputstream adaptive addon will make use of the mmal/omx-hw-decoder in the future? I know all of this belongs to the drm crap, but I still have some hope about this. Smile

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - vbat99 - 2018-10-15

(2018-10-15, 21:20)Germeleon Wrote:  Is it possible that the inputstream adaptive addon will make use of the mmal/omx-hw-decoder in the future? I know all of this belongs to the drm crap, but I still have some hope about this. Smile

From what I have read, no luck due to DRM, it has to be software decode.
I would suspect it is the same on all hardware, but I'm not sure at all.

Raspberry Pi is definitely software decode only. This from the v18 - LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0) thread:
(2018-10-07, 22:59)HiassofT Wrote:
(2018-10-07, 20:52)Konsti Wrote: I have last version of Kodi and last version of Netflix plugin (from first topic). But I have problem with Netflix - video is not running smoothly. I have rpi 2.
On RPi2 you probably have to limit the resolution to 480p in Inputstream adaptive settings. Decoding 720p needs a lot of CPU power, even RPi3 can't cope with 720p without overclock - RPi3B+ usually manages that well.

so long,

Hias

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - jrod10133 - 2018-10-16

delete

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - asik1 - 2018-10-16

I just tried this addon on my Kbeta18 on android device, I'm able to log in, I can see my profiles and lists but nothing can be played.