Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Archimedes - 2020-07-09

I can't seem to get auto profile select to work. I have selected the profile to be auto selected (context menu on profile screen) but every time I try to start a stream it still asks me to pick a profile. I haven't seen anything weird in the log..

Nevermind I have found a different setting under 'library' and select the profile there. I have imported Netflix titles into my library.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - silvatyrant - 2020-07-18

Hi @CastagnaIT 

I have a 4K Android TV device (Mecool KM9 Pro Classic) which is HDR-capable with Widevine L1. The maximum resolution achieved is 540p. What am I doing wrong?

I have tried spoofing the ESN of my Sony XZ Premium (which is capable of 4K HDR) to no avail. 

I would be grateful for any assistance in resolving the above dilemma.

Thanks!

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2020-07-18

Mecool KM9 is blacklisted by netflix
can not get hi res resolutions

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - silvatyrant - 2020-07-19

(2020-07-18, 17:41)CastagnaIT Wrote: Mecool KM9 is blacklisted by netflix
can not get hi res resolutions

Thanks.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - No sound due to DD+ - mulanee - 2020-07-21

Hello,
I use latest kodi and latest Netflix addon in my nvidia shield.
Sound is going to my old amp through optical, and there is no sound in passthrough mode. Without passthrough mode, I cannot hear the voices.
I would like to find a workaround for getting dolby digital instead of dolby digital+
Thank you

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - No sound due to DD+ - Wagg - 2020-07-24

(2020-07-21, 15:10)mulanee Wrote: Hello,
Sound is going to my old amp through optical, and there is no sound in passthrough mode. Without passthrough mode, I cannot hear the voices.
I would like to find a workaround for getting dolby digital instead of dolby digital+
Thank you

You need to go into Kodi System settings/system/audio, change number of channels to 2.0, then go down to Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) transcoding and turn it on.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - No sound due to DD+ - CastagnaIT - 2020-07-25

Thank you

see also:
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix/wiki/FAQ-%28Audio%2C-Video%2C-Subtitle%2C-Other%29#how-is-it-possible-to-have-only-20-audio-tracks

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - No sound due to DD+ - mulanee - 2020-07-25

(2020-07-24, 11:16)Wagg Wrote:
Thank you

You need to go into Kodi System settings/system/audio, change number of channels to 2.0, then go down to Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) transcoding and turn it on.
... and also mix stereo to multichannel otherwise it doesn't work.

Just a question, does it affect the sound natively in dts or dolby digital?

May I understand that using passthru mode:
When signal is in dd+ or pcm it is processed to get 5.1 dolby digital
When the signal is already in dts or ac3 there is no processing it is really a passthru
?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2020-07-25

A new release 1.7.0 is coming next days

Brings with it radical changes to library management under the hood

What happen nowHuh

A change has been made to play STRM files from the Kodi library, this change has been postponed for a long time while waiting for the best situation.

These changes add also a new feature, Import existing library, where you can import an existing Netflix library useful after a clean install,
some more info here: https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix/wiki/Library-settings#import-existing-library

For the others changes see changelog.

THE FOLLOW NOTICE is only for those who use the Kodi library to play Netflix videos

After performing the update, the update will convert all Netflix STRM files to your library, to the new STRM format type.

That is not important to you, BUT, only leads to one problem, the rollback to a previous (older) add-on version.

What happen if you try to do the add-on version rollback:
You can not play the exported tvshow/movies in the Kodi library, if you try the add-on will raise the error InvalidPathError.
This because the new STRM format is not handled from an older add-on version.

Nothing to worry about, it's just a transition.

If you need more specific details in this PR there are a bit more info: 
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix/pull/769

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Johnny1982fd - 2020-07-25

@CastagnaIT 

In Version 1.6.1 you implement a fix for 1080p in ARM Devices (i have an PI 4)

Some series are still in SD540 - Gotham for example.

What do you think ? Can you fix that too?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - rocko - 2020-07-26

(2020-07-25, 20:04)Johnny1982fd Wrote: @CastagnaIT 

In Version 1.6.1 you implement a fix for 1080p in ARM Devices (i have an PI 4)

Some series are still in SD540 - Gotham for example.

What do you think ? Can you fix that too?
Maybe dumb question but where do you turn on and off closed caption.
Thanks

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - No sound due to DD+ - Wagg - 2020-07-28

(2020-07-25, 15:34)mulanee Wrote:
(2020-07-24, 11:16)Wagg Wrote:
Thank you

... and also mix stereo to multichannel otherwise it doesn't work.

Just a question, does it affect the sound natively in dts or dolby digital?

May I understand that using passthru mode:
When signal is in dd+ or pcm it is processed to get 5.1 dolby digital
When the signal is already in dts or ac3 there is no processing it is really a passthru
?

You don't need to mix stereo to multichannel- at least for me it would just output a stereo source to the front 2 channels. I'd let my receiver do the decoding. As long as you can handle a DD standard signal should work out without mixing it.

This is Dolby Digital only, does nothing for DTS, DTS extended formats like EX and HD have the DTS core built in so you don't need to transcode it.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - yougz - 2020-07-29

hello and thanks for the plugin.

I have a Formuler Z8 Android TV box which has just obtained the Widevine L1 DRM following an update.

I installed the Netflix addon and the adaptive InputStream in Kodi 18 but I have the programs in 540p.

Yet when I browse the addon looking for a video it does write 1080p. But when I run the video and go to "video settings" it says 960 * 540p.

Is there a way to solve this?

Thank you.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - rocko - 2020-07-29

(2020-07-29, 13:26)yougz Wrote: hello and thanks for the plugin.

I have a Formuler Z8 Android TV box which has just obtained the Widevine L1 DRM following an update.

I installed the Netflix addon and the adaptive InputStream in Kodi 18 but I have the programs in 540p.

Yet when I browse the addon looking for a video it does write 1080p. But when I run the video and go to "video settings" it says 960 * 540p.

Thank you.
I just updated to 1.7.0 on Kodi 18, mine are in 540 also.

On Kodi 19 the repo won't install. It says Failed due to an invalid structure.

Any help?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2020-07-30

(2020-07-29, 13:26)yougz Wrote: hello and thanks for the plugin.

Thank you.

If Formuler Z8 do not have a valid Google certification or is not approved by Netflix, the L1 DRM is totally useless.

1) check and install the official app from PlayStore, then go to point 2
if the app is not available on playstore means that the device is not full Google certificated or the model device is in Netflix blacklist.

2) with the official app go to App settings and Playback specification:
ONLY If is recognized as HD, open an Issue on GitHub of Netflix add-on by including also the ESN screenshot from official app