Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2020-08-17

(2020-08-16, 21:17)Zass Wrote: So in conclusion, we've tried everything in the FAQ. The title shows DOLBY-HD as the FAQ says, but the sound is not Atmos, it is DD+.

you have to try select the others audio track's
there's not always an atmos track in your language

If it isn't, you've got some bad setup that doesn't depend on this add-on

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Zass - 2020-08-17

(2020-08-17, 15:35)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2020-08-16, 21:17)Zass Wrote: So in conclusion, we've tried everything in the FAQ. The title shows DOLBY-HD as the FAQ says, but the sound is not Atmos, it is DD+.

you have to try select the others audio track's
there's not always an atmos track in your language

If it isn't, you've got some bad setup that doesn't depend on this add-on

I've opened the list of available tracks. I'm looking at the movie in english, which is default. We can confirm that Atmos is available in English on Netflix from the previous post, where on the Firecube, the Atmos track is on for English. Here is a photo showing all available tracks on Kodi with this add-on

We can see that there are 12 available tracks. The default track is number 3 out of 12.

I've also taken a photo of the toggle audio stream button. You can see from the notification that track number is selected

Is it normal for an Atmos track to show as DD+ with 6 channels, as in the photo above?

You mention that the setup may be bad. This is an amazon firestick 4k. From my research on this thread, it appears that others have in the past been able to get the firestick 4k to support Atmos with this add-on. Am I correct that this should work in principle? 

We've put a firecube (which has netflix atmos out of the box) in place of the firestick 4, and the sound system produces atmos for this title. So we know that the setup plays atmos correctly. And the firestick 4k does output atmos correctly for its inbox amazon prime app, so we know the firestick 4k is atmos capable.

Can you confirm if the firestick 4k should be able to output atmos with netflix on this app? Is there anything I can do to provide more info? Would logs help?

Thank you!

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - fvisagie - 2020-08-17

@Zass, long shot, but if you haven't already done so, also review Kodi's own audio settings under Settings / System / Audio.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Zass - 2020-08-17

(2020-08-17, 18:09)fvisagie Wrote: @Zass, long shot, but if you haven't already done so, also review Kodi's own audio settings under Settings / System / Audio.

Thank you for the idea! I checked, and indeed this was set to 2.0

I went and looked at the options, they go all the way to 7.1

I selected 5.1. Still no atmos on the speakers, it's DD+.

I also tried selecting 7.1 to see if it would make a difference -- still no Atmos.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - fvisagie - 2020-08-17

I don't have experience with passthrough, but I believe (and your screenshots say) that the # of channels setting does not apply to passthrough, which you have enabled.

If I understand correctly, passthrough should allow output of unaltered Atmos if all elements in your audio output chain support that.

So, a next check could be getting other Kodi Atmos content (outside of the Netflix add-on) recognised as Atmos by your output device.

Once that's confirmed you can try for the same with the Netflix add-on.

Other Kodi subforums may be better suited if you need further help with Kodi + Atmos + passthrough + your output device.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2020-08-17

> Is it normal for an Atmos track to show as DD+ with 6 channels, as in the photo above?

Yes if you have read FAQ it is written that Kodi NOT support Atmos description

Other users have Firestick 4K and i never had any reports of Atmos issue until now,
in brief the add-on only provide a link to Kodi with the atmos track,
and this automatically happen when in add-on Expert setting the "Dolby" setting is enabled

Then if not works can be only one of these things:
- Wrong hardware/software setup
- A new firmware for Firestick 4K is the cause of problems with Kodi or have a bug
- Last Kodi 18 version has problems with audio playback

in any case the add-on itself does not handle audio decoding this is handled by Kodi core,
so i think it is better you ask for help in other sections of the forum

if someone who has Firestick 4K can also provide feedback here

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Zass - 2020-08-18

(2020-08-17, 19:57)fvisagie Wrote: So, a next check could be getting other Kodi Atmos content (outside of the Netflix add-on) recognised as Atmos by your output device.

That's a great idea, thank you. I don't suppose you know offhand of any free Kodi Atmos content I could check with?

(2020-08-17, 20:50)CastagnaIT Wrote: Other users have Firestick 4K and i never had any reports of Atmos issue until now,
in brief the add-on only provide a link to Kodi with the atmos track,
and this automatically happen when in add-on Expert setting the "Dolby" setting is enabled
Thank you for the response. I will note that I am not the only one with Atmos not working. This person also said they have the same problem: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=329767&pid=2971021#pid2971021

I will also check the other things you said.

(2020-08-17, 19:57)fvisagie Wrote: I don't have experience with passthrough, but I believe (and your screenshots say) that the # of channels setting does not apply to passthrough, which you have enabled.

If I understand correctly, passthrough should allow output of unaltered Atmos if all elements in your audio output chain support that.

So, a next check could be getting other Kodi Atmos content (outside of the Netflix add-on) recognised as Atmos by your output device.

Once that's confirmed you can try for the same with the Netflix add-on.

Other Kodi subforums may be better suited if you need further help with Kodi + Atmos + passthrough + your output device.

Update on this: I've downloaded the two atmos demos trailers from Dolby and played them on Kodi directly from the firestick 4k. No atmos, just DD+. So there is definitely an issue outside of the addon. I will see if I can resolve this and post an update for others in the future.

atmos trailers here: https://www.dolby.com/about/support/guide/dolby-atmos-trailers/

Finally figured it out. The Kodi settings can be toggled from standard to advanced, and I had to set DD+ capable receiver to on:

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2020-08-18

(2020-08-18, 07:04)Zass Wrote: Finally figured it out. The Kodi settings can be toggled from standard to advanced, and I had to set DD+ capable receiver to on:

I will add the suggestion on FAQ for novice users
I thought it was intuitive...

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Sholander - 2020-08-18

(2020-08-18, 07:04)Zass Wrote: Finally figured it out. The Kodi settings can be toggled from standard to advanced, and I had to set DD+ capable receiver to on:
In future set this to "Expert" mode to see all available options Wink

(2020-08-18, 12:11)CastagnaIT Wrote:
I will add the suggestion on FAQ for novice users
I thought it was intuitive...

The setting of DD+ capable receiver was pretty clear, but what was not clear was that there was even the option to go from "standard" to  "advanced". And because the default install is "standard", the DD+ setting is hidden from novice users.

The toggle more options is a gear icon saying "standard", it was not clear to me that this was an option that could be toggled. It would have been more clear if it said "more options...", to make it clear to the user that this is something that can be toggled on for more settings.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Rijs43 - 2020-08-18

I am getting time out errors for Netflix widgets and also causing issues for Plex to sync. When I remove Netflix widgets I have no issues with Plex sync.

I have followed the FAQ regarding time outs and turned the setting on as mentioned.

Using Arctic Horizon skin.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2020-08-20

The new release 1.8.0 will be out from today

In the last days there are login problems,
so you will not be able to access your account from the add-on.

At the moment it has not been possible to understand the cause of this.
I suspect and hope it's caused by a temporary problem with the website.

In this version a small change has been applied that improves the situation,
but currently the most critical situation is about this:

Linux distributions - the login sometimes works (trying several times)
Linux CoreElec/LibreElec/... - the login sometimes works (trying several times), in some cases not works
Android - the login seem not works in any case the login sometimes works trying several times, in some cases not works

The login by using others operative systems should works without problems.

Next updates on this problem by reading this thread:
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix/issues/502

Therefore, do not attempt to Logout, reinstall the add-on or change your password, otherwise you may no longer log-in !!!
if you have to do it, it is recommended to make a backup of add-on user data!